Almost purchased a bag but didn't... are you glad or do you regret it?

thithi

::pretty:tough::
O.G.
Jun 7, 2006
Have you almost pulled the trigger but didn't when it came to a bag?
Have you ever lusted it for a long time and then when the opportunity arose, passed on it?
Are you glad you decided against purchasing it or do you regret it?

As for me:

Burberry studded Pheobe in White, sold for $350 on the bay, what a deal!
I'm glad I passed... I drooled through two relists but then passed at the last moment... I love the style but can't see myself wearing white.

Attachments

• DSC00806.JPG
    DSC00806.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 229
I have purchased a few bags that I ended up regretting because they just sit in the closet. Now, I think hard about each purchase...I recently passed on a bag that I wanted for a while. In the end it was the right decision!

I do that all the time! I will fall in love with a bag, and then two weeks later I'm so glad I didn't buy it because I am in love with a new bag. Now, every time I see a bag I just have to have, I write it down. The list has about 15 bags on it, but I can't pull the trigger on any them because I know I don't truly want them. I just want to drool over them for a couple of days.

it depends. when I am NOT really looking to buy, and "stumble upon" a Love At First Sight Bag (think any balenciaga bag in the colour you want) and I really really wanted to buy it, but did not for some reason, I end up REGRETTING and always thinking of "what it could have been".

However, when I am IN THE MOOD TO BUY SOMETHING, and THINK that I do really like a bag (and it's more because I'm in the " I-Want-To-Spend-Money " Mood), and end up buying it - these are the times when I regret the purchase.

I guess I am more of a voyeur if you will. I love looking but when it comes to taking the plunge I leave unless my heart is yearning for it after I leave for the next days and weeks. (I own a total of maybe 5 bags).

been there done that with that damn rouille! so I know it can be hard. NOt sure yet if I will be glad I passed or not. I actually had another bag sell that I wanted. It was a truffle GGH day and now I am totally kicking myself, it was a great deal. so yes, sometimes I'm glad and others, not so.............

i have done this soooo many times...but i hate when i buy a bag in its place thinking i will fill the void and then i don't and i still long for the bag. i need to stop doing this :P

I guess it depends on how much it's going to burn a hole in my wallet. If I can make a decision right on the spot with conviction, then it's the one for me. If I'm hedging, then for me it means I'm not ready to own it.

I've learned I'm usually content with another variation of the bag or just admiring it on others because more than half the time, my lust dies down as soon as I acquire such a bag.

I do this all the time! I remember on Black Friday a couple years ago, I almost bought a D&G doctor's bag that was bright purple, but I didn't. I looked at it later that day online and I HATED the color, style, everything about it!! Clearly I have bad judgment that early in the morning...