Almost Got Scammed For My Diskotekas

Souzie

Material Girl
O.G.
Mar 27, 2008
Hey y'all, this might be a little long, but I just need to vent. So here's the deal;

I put my Diskotekas up on ebay and it ends on September 3rd with one bid. The buyer pays instantly through Paypal. I initially planned on shipping out the shoes yesterday but decided against it since it would've made me late for work. Fine, I'll ship them today. But before I can do so, I get an email from Paypal saying the buyer filed a claim against me and is doing a charge back for an item not received. Are you kidding me?????? It's been 2 damn days!?!?!?!! Obviously you didn't receive anything yet, BOZO, because I haven't sent anything!!! It clearly states in my auction that the item will be shipped out within 4 (FOUR) days. And this is the message that she leaves me in her Paypal claim:

"I will not be purchasing your item through moneygram. I have already forwarded your e-mail to ebay and they are investigating the situation. So to not make matters worse please refund my money through paypal. Thank-you"

First of all, I don't even know what moneygram is and she paid through PAYPAL.
Second, she forwarded my email to ebay?? The only email I ever sent to her was her freakin invoice for an item that she bidded on.

I had no choice to agree with her wishes and refund her.
So if I had sent out the shoes yesterday, doesn't that mean that this snake gets her money back and I'm out a pair of CL's?

Wow...I didn't know I was making matters worse. She bids on my item, pays for it, then decides she doesn't want it, claims she didn't get the item and does a charge back. All in a matter of 2 days. Wow...you are a star!!! :tdown: Thank the Lord I DID NOT send the shoes yesterday or else this scandalous piece of crap would've got some free Loubies.

So just a heads up for the ladies that sell CL's on ebay. Be careful in who you deal with. Especially buyers with no or low feedback

****END RANT****

Last edited:
I'm glad you hadn't sent them.

However, if she paid through Paypal, and put in an Item not Received after two days, they would have seen through it as a scam.

But it is much better not to have to deal with the whack-job buyer since you hadn't sent them.

Ugh! That's terrible!! Maybe she just had a change of heart or something? But at any rate, that's an awful experience for you and you have every right to be p***ed. I'm sure they are still alot of ladies out in ebay land who will want your shoes and be an honest buyer.

some buyers are out of their minds... i know i am impatient, but TWO DAYS!!!! jeez... good thing you did not mail them out yet... everything happens for a reason!!!

Thank you girls, for your comments. :smooch: I was just over at the ebay forum reading all the horror stories about sellers getting scammed. Some were out like 5 g's worth of merchandise because they sent out their items right away.
I was selling my Diskotekas to fund another pair of CL's. Guess it's coming out of my own pocket now. Oh well. It could've been worse...

Wow, sounds like a close call. The only thing that stands out is saying she was going to forward your e-mail. Have you checked with fleabay on that? Is is possible she was spoofed and the sham e-mail to her asked her to pay you vai moneygram (it is like western union). Maybe she was not scamming you but she was being spoofed and did not know it. There are threads about this happening.

Bottom line, glad you did not send out the boots.

Wow, sounds like a close call. The only thing that stands out is saying she was going to forward your e-mail. Have you checked with fleabay on that? Is is possible she was spoofed and the sham e-mail to her asked her to pay you vai moneygram (it is like western union). Maybe she was not scamming you but she was being spoofed and did not know it. There are threads about this happening.

Bottom line, glad you did not send out the boots.

I chatted with someone on live help and all they could tell me was that maybe she just changed her mind and didn't want the item anymore. But if she paid through moneygram, how come she asked me to refund her through paypal?

Did you not email them back before refunding the money? I would have tried to resolve the issue before refunding.

I guess it was resolved when I replied to her paypal claim saying that the shoes weren't sent out yet, so I'd be glad to issue the refund. She closed the claim right after that.

aw, so sorry about such a horrible CL selling experience. i just sold my first pair of CLs on ebay and had such an amazing, appreciative buyer, so hearing your story im thanking my lucky stars and will hesitate before selling another pair..

You dodged a bullet this time!:robot: It could have been worse!
I think that she had buyers remorse, it's a good thing that you did not mail out the shoes!
What a whack job she is.:smash:

Last edited: