Alma's?

Hey GayleLV...I own the Damier, Mono and Epi black Alma. I love them all equally but each bag has its own issue, I find.

My Damier Alma is perhaps my favorite, just because I don't see it as often as I see the Mono Alma. However, because the bottom is a solid brown (I have had it for two years), the sides and its edges have scuff marks. Believe me, I do all I can to protect my bags, but it just looks off when you have this brown area with a solid white mark...it's a little agravating actually.

I have had the epi for a bout 11 months...it was a pre-increase splurge. I don't wear it often, but I have the same issue with that one. Luckily, I was able to use an eraser once to get rid of a scuff mark.

I have owned the mono alma for about 5 months. I felt it was staple and almost as necessary as a mono speedy in any collection. It is tanning nicely in its dust bag. I have worn it out once. From what others on tPF have stated, the bottom gets beat up a lot....and I would assume that is the case with the MC Alma as well.

Nonetheless, I have to say that the Damier is fabulous. Yes, these bags are very easy to zip in and out of.

I have the black MC Alma.
Although I love this bag, the bottom is not very pretty with the vachetta. After a couple of years of use, it looks kinda of yuk.
It is probably one of my favorite bags.

I don't have either the Damier or the MC Alma. I am going to add the Damier to my list after seeing it modelled here on TPF. It's gorgeous. Now the new dilenma... love the black Epi too! Alma is a gorgeous classic bag.

It's so funny that you posted this. I too am in search of a new classic black bag. And today, I saw like 3 Black Epi Almas, a bag that I've never paid attention to, and I fell in love. It went from being not-even-on-my-radar to my next purchase!

I saw the black epi alma IRL and it was gorgeous! I was drooling- it was so classy.

Thanks so much guys for all your opinions! I love getting feedback, like the voices of reason hehe.

I think I'll be getting the Damier Alma and might have decided on the Black Epi Jasmine as my "Black Bag"!!!

Oh, and ps: I'll also be getting the zippy amaranthe wallet to go inside it...:graucho:

I would LOVE a wallet in this color.

And I have the Black Epi Alma, and it is my staple black bag. Plus I have the optional shoulder strap for when I don't want to hand carry it.
Easy to carry, easy to use, I think it's a great look.

I like the black epi alma. I just bought a black epi french wallet and love it. Would be nice to have the alma to match! I have a speedy in the red epi and it's about 8 yrs old but still looks brand new! I think epis are easier to maintain, imo. Good luck!