Alma Vernis questions

sporty86

Aug 7, 2012
I am thinking of buying the new Alma Vernis in Grand Bleu in August, but I kind of always said I would not spend that much on a bag. The bb is way too small for me, so thinking of a pm or even GM. Is it worth the money, and how heavy is it? I already have a speedy 30 that I us as my handheld bag.

I want an Amarante Alma PM but now that it's $2,000, I just don't know!! I hate to spend more than $1500 on any one bag but of course that rules out so many bags that I love like Mahina, Emperiente, etc. I just haven't done it. My Artsy MM and Portobello GM are my most expensive bags. It's a lovely bag, and a timeless shape.

As far as the bag being heavy: I have a Black MC Alma PM (got it preloved) and it's not too heavy. I don't stuff it, though. I carry a Sarah wallet, a cosmetic bag, sunglasses, tissues, a few makeup items and keys.

Good luck deciding!!

Thanks, It's just when I see some of these GM alma's it looks like they are bigger than the people carrying it, which on a shoulder would be one thing, but carrying I think would be a different story.

I am thinking of buying the new Alma Vernis in Grand Bleu in August, but I kind of always said I would not spend that much on a bag. The bb is way too small for me, so thinking of a pm or even GM. Is it worth the money, and how heavy is it? I already have a speedy 30 that I us as my handheld bag.
Grand Bleu is not being released in GM.

I have the Alma GM in Rosé Florentine and I don't find it heavy at all. For an all leather bag, it's actually very light! With the new price increase, its a very expensive bag but I still think it's worth it for all leather bag. You see a lot of bags that are majorly just canvas and they are all over $2000+,

I have the Alma GM in Rosé Florentine and I don't find it heavy at all. For an all leather bag, it's actually very light! With the new price increase, its a very expensive bag but I still think it's worth it for all leather bag. You see a lot of bags that are majorly just canvas and they are all over $2000+,

:goodpost: I also have 2 Alma GMs in Vernis, and i never found them heavy.. The only bag i have which is very heavy- is my lumy pm..

*sigh* You're right. Trevi and Berkeley are both over $2,000... It seems ridiculous for a canvas bag.

I'd love a vernis Alma in pomme. I feel like the GM would be too big and bulky to carry by hand or on the crook of the arm. Idk though. Never tried her on.

I also have two vernis Alma in GM, one is Pomme and the other is Amarante, not heavy at all, very comfy to carry on your hand, I compares to my other bag such as Trevi and Galliera with same amount of stuffs I put in there, Alma is lighter than them. It is totally worth the money, try it in the store to see if you like it. They are expensive now but they will be more expensive later, better get early than late.

+1) and I like all of your collection.

does anyone have any info on the actual color of blue? how is it compared to the Bleu Nuit from the past or the navy blue Bleu Infini from a couple of seasons ago?

to answer your question about weight: i have two PM Vernis Almas that i don't find heavy at all but i don't carry a lot (small cell phone, Zippy Wallet, Cosmetic case and two pairs of glasses with cases). all that fills up the Alma but i don't think it weighs it down. my Lockits are a lot heavier due to the thick leather and my MC Speedy and Berkeley have heavy hardware on them so in relation to these bags the Vernis isn't nearly as heavy.

Last edited:
I had the Vernis Alma MM in Bleu Nuit (it's the GM size now), and although my SA insisted that it was fine for my small frame, I really felt like it was too big for me. I don't think I was every really comfortable carrying it. I ended up selling it. Then in the last year I had felt like I didn't want to be carrying all of the things that I'd carry on a daily basis, so I downsized my load a bit, and find the PM size much more user friendly for me, and looks so much nicer on me. I got the Vernis Alma PM in Bleu Lagon last year and thought it was perfect.

I had the Vernis Alma MM in Bleu Nuit (it's the GM size now), and although my SA insisted that it was fine for my small frame, I really felt like it was too big for me. I don't think I was every really comfortable carrying it. I ended up selling it. Then in the last year I had felt like I didn't want to be carrying all of the things that I'd carry on a daily basis, so I downsized my load a bit, and find the PM size much more user friendly for me, and looks so much nicer on me. I got the Vernis Alma PM in Bleu Lagon last year and thought it was perfect.

Oh I I wish I would have been able to buy it from you. I am on a frenzy to find one, but will not buy off of ebay.