Alma vernis in rose pop, yay or nay?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. In my almost never-ending list of bag crushes: the Alma MM in vernis rose pop. What I want to know:

* How 'common' is ths bag and this colour? I work in a luxury hotel and I see about eight or nine LV's passing my desk every hour in a rather limited range. I don't want to meet my bag three times a week, KWIM?

* Can you give me some idea about the size difference between the MM and the GM?

2. The Rose Pop is supposed to be a 12 month production color. But if it's as popular as Pomme I'm betting that LV will make it semi-permanent so you may see it in other shapes as the year progresses. The Alma being first out will probably be sold the most.
    That being said, I LOVE it.
    The MM is a LARGE bag, but easy enough to carry every day if you don't overstuff. Then it doesn't get too heavy. The GM is def luggage size.

Good luck with your decision.

3. I love the color - I do not see many LV's around here so I am not sure how popular it will be. The gm is huge - I thought it was the only size when I tried it on and decided not to get it. The mm is large but still a nice size bag.

4. if you like it go for it...its a beautiful bag...stunning IMO :smile:

5. GM is very large. MM is the perfect size. I love it, but I wonder if it's just too much. It's on my short list to purchase later this year, but like queenmab said, if its popular they might do other bags in that color. My SA said it's the most popular right now, so it is selling.

6. GM is HUGE. MM is pretty big. Love the rose pop on smaller things it is a little too bright on an alma

7. if u can get your hands on this bag, i say go for it. And also, who cares if you meet your bag 3X a week? If you love it, that's all that matters. But if it's something that would bother you, then wait until a different style of bag comes out. But i'm sure that new ones will be HOTT too because it's "brand new"...so you'll never win...lol....

GOOOD LUCK and ENJOY the BAG if you get it....this is my dream bag :smile:

8. I agree with you beljwl, I did reserve this bag as I love the colour but I thought its abit too much pink vernis for me, so I want to get the vernis rose pop heart instead, oh and living in the U.K we don't really get much of a summer to show of summer bags :sad:

9. I love rose pop but mm is realy big especially for a handheld bag! If you like big bags go for mm as the gm is really a handcarry luggage size!

10. I love my Pomme Alma MM and recommend this beautiful twist on a classic! I prefer the MM over the GM. If you can see yourself carrying a Rose Pop bag, go for it, don't let the Vernis and the color intimidate you. I RARELY see Vernis out-n-about and I live in an area where there is plenty of (Mono & Damier) LV.

The MM is larger than the Mono & Damier Alma, but it is not oversized. When I got my Alma I posted pictures of the Vernis Alma against the Galliera PM for width & the Houston for depth, not much bigger than what I already had:

gallalma.jpg

housalma.jpg

11. I was in Vegas over the weekend, and out of all the LV bags I saw, I only saw one pink vernis Alma (the only vernis Alma I saw), so I say go for it!

12. Go for it if you love it!! I have the Vernis Alma in Amarante and love it! I have the MM and it's huge IMO.

Good Luck deciding!