Alma thoughts

Marie Lee

O.G.
Nov 21, 2009
Thoughts please, I know I want an ALma, Really, a Damier Alma, but my budget says no. All will be used, excellant condition. So, do I get a monogram, cons, leather gets dirty, or an Epi, cons, my friend said epi looks like cardboard, I disagree, but hear it in my head. I even get out my Cluny Epi, and stare at it, thinking, Cardboard?? Hmmm. So, obviously, the idea would be, wait, save a little more and get the Damier Alma. cons, harder to find, and I will buy something, I am a bad saver, I am tempted, but have a good stash right now. So before I find the Damier and have money, it may be gone. :thinking: Ideas? What am I missing, Thanks

Try Yoogis Closet. They get them in periodically - and they are absolutely wonderful and reputable. And wait for the Damier Alma - It's an absolutely gorgeous bag!

I agree with your friend - ha ha! I think Epi looks exactly like corrugated cardboard.

Try Yoogis Closet. They get them in periodically - and they are absolutely wonderful and reputable. And wait for the Damier Alma - It's an absolutely gorgeous bag!

I agree with your friend - ha ha! I think Epi looks exactly like corrugated cardboard.

i love Yoogi's, there reputation as top-notch is well deserved. and i agree, wait for the bag you really love - the DE Alma. sometimes you might have to stalk Yoogi's web-site for months but you'll be rewarded for your dedication to finding your bag.

I think the Epi Alma is beautiful but if you like the DE Alma, then that is what you should buy. Buy what you love. Never settle. Put a pic of it on the homescreen of your phone, or at your desk at work, somewhere that will help you focus and continue to save.

I actually love the epi electric alma ;) it's sooooo hot!!!
I also think that yoogis closet is very reputable, even though I've never had any transactions with them I have heard nothing but good things about them

I agree with Yoogis! I bought my vernis alma bb there and it was new. I don't think it was used once. They post new items almost daily so there is a good chance you'll see one soon......I really like the DE alma as well..I had a mono alma and it is a lot of maintenance with the vachetta and mine did not have protective feet. Now the vachetta looks really ragged and stained..I'll never get another mono alma again!

I agree with others. Try Yoogi's. Why don't you email them and ask them to notify you if one comes in? Get what you love. Don't settle!!

I love epi, its sturdy and elegant, especially its full leather.

Go for the DE alma, i saw one recently on sale but i forgot whether its on yoogis, malleries, or ebay

I saw someone carrying a DE Alma last week and it was stunning. I don't often see the DE ones where I live, and the Alma is really not a common bag anyway. Most Almas that I see around here are mono, a few MC, and very occasionally vernis or Epi. I agree with the others that you should go with what you love. Heck, these bags are way to expensive for "settling" or substitutions. DE Alma is SO beautiful! (Plus, it's weather resistant /no color transfer.)

I agree with Yoogis! I bought my vernis alma bb there and it was new. I don't think it was used once. They post new items almost daily so there is a good chance you'll see one soon......I really like the DE alma as well..I had a mono alma and it is a lot of maintenance with the vachetta and mine did not have protective feet. Now the vachetta looks really ragged and stained..I'll never get another mono alma again!

The used alma seem to have stains, even if otherwise well kept. That is a concern since I take really good care of where I put my bags

I used to have the mono alma, and I liked it.. But the dark patina made me sell it, and I don't regret it. Personally, I love the epi, but I prefer epi speedy's.. But the damier alma.. Beautiful! I would go for that! Try to find a used DE alma on eBay or other safe second hand bags website.

the dark patina worries me too, I have some mono LV's that are getting darker, and I look at it a lot, hmmm. the advice to save for the Damier is great, best advice, but like i said, I have a hard time waiting. I got the Epi alma in the kenyan brown, used mint, it should come in a week. Thanks for the thoughts everyone

I have the DE Alma and I love it so much! It's my first LV and it still looks like new even after a year. It's also not as common as the vernis or epi. Very low maintenance too which is always a plus for an expensive bag. Wait it out, it will be totally worth the wait :smile: