Alma PM with a special strap - fine or odd?

Nivahra

O.G.
Aug 6, 2012
Hello together, I want to hear your opinions please. I own a Noir Alma PM. I think, this is one of the Most elegant designer bags ever and I really love her. I also think, that the PM size looks best handheld. But we all know-sometimes we need hands free. I also own the Alma PM Magnolia with the extra special Alma strap. I looks very harmonic, but it is a bit thin and therefore not so comfortable on the shoulder. That was the reason I bought this pre loved and never used strap. I don't know to which bag this belongs. It is a little bit a lighter black, but with a shoulder pad and really comfortable. Do you think it looks ok or odd? Sorry for the sportsdress, but on this white top you can see the most.

Thanks for your opinions! [emoji4]ImageUploadedByPurseForum1453570235.040828.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1453570247.892930.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1453570261.809941.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1453570272.145915.jpg

Hard to tell from the pictures. It looks OK in the shoulder carry shot but very wrong in the cross body shot.

It is shorter than the regular strap, about 10 cm. I think that is a part of the reason why. I don't really love the Alma PM crossbody, doesn't matter which strap, but sometimes I have to wear it this way (carrying other things in the arms and things like that). I think I will use it way more often on the shoulder.....

Thank you for your opinion!

From the photo it looks like a strap from a bag in the Men's Collection. If you find it more confortable than the regular strap... I don't think it matters.

This is possible (men's collection)....thank you very much for your opinion and that you think, it doesn't matter :smile: I think, it is not perfect, but ok and sometimes ok can be enough ;) We're all looking too much for perfection...

I have an Alma PM with strap and also mostly use it handheld. But the strap is definitely needed sometimes and it doesn't matter if it doesn't look perfect. We are not in a fashion show !

The strap looks just a little too wide for the Alma, but who honestly cares as long as you are both happy and comfortable. Having a haute-couture item shouldn't automatically make us feel as though fashion has a priority over our comfort and general well-being.

To be honest the Alma PM always looks odd to me when carried with a strap, crossbody more so than shoulder. IMO that style only works with the BB.
That said, if this strap is comfortable for you, wear it, it isn't better or worse than the original one 😉.