Alma pm or mm vs amarante or beige ?

I love the beige color although I'd be scared of color transfer.. And in size MM..;) I prefer this size and I am also around your height.. 5'3 size 4-6..

If you prefer to be on the safe side, go for Amarante MM.. PM is too small and yes, it's hard to get things in and out. MM is more of an everyday bag IMO.. Good luck!;)

I would go for the amarante in the MM.

I am about your height, and have two alma's in the MM size. I found the PM size was too small.

I have no regrets about buying the MM's - and amarante is such a gorgeous colour!

I don't find the Alma difficult to use in regard to accessing items.

You can buy a shoulder strap for the PM, not the MM, which makes it more versatile. It looks great in subdued and bright colors.

MM is pretty big, especially so since the Alma's base is rigid. I'd only buy MM in medium to darker colors because of it's large size.

IMHO, the PM is the more versatile bag. Day to evening, casual to dressy. Hand, shoulder, and cross-body carry options.

Hi, Ladies! I own Alma in PM size "beige poudre". It goes with everything. :yahoo:It works so great with bright colors of outfits like green, red, blue etc... and even with Black dress or whatever if you don't wear black shoes or if you do get a beige color necklace or a scarf to match or contrasting color ...so many options. Just love this purse. The size is just perfect and prevent from over packing. I always carry with me: medium ring LV agenda, wallet, cosmetic case, iphone, key bag and a book. :tup:

Definitely the Amarante PM, I have one as well and I love it! The color is absolutely perfect! Beige is more of a special occasion color in my opinion cause of it being so light in color! It is not hard to get things in/out of and it is the perfect size bag! Good Luck :happydance:

SweetCherries said:
Beige poudre all the way. Finally got mine a few weeks ago in pm, could not resist the glossy shine undertone. So breathtaking. Let us know what you decide on.

Exactly the right word to describe the beige poudre alma "breathtaking"!!!!!!! ;)

I would get the MM size and also in Amarante... You don't want to have your first LV covered with color transfer, if you wear a lot of jeans!! Also although you are 5'4', the MM is comparative to I think from memory, a Speedy 40, so if you can rock bags in similar sizes, then go for it girl!! :biggrin: HTH and good luck and an advanced Congrats on your first LV!!

Hi ladies, I seriously need your help for my first lv bag. I am torn between the size and colour of alma. I have tried out the bag in the boutique and find that pm seems a bit small and odds when it is in amarante, I assume darker colour looks smaller than the lighter colour. What do you think? The sa told me that pm size is a bit hard to get things in and out from the bag, but it seems that the mm size looks a slightly bigger on me. I am 5 ft 4 and slim, not sure which size looks nice on me. I love both colour but not sure which one to choose, amarante is just so classic but the beige is very attractive too as you can see the glittering undertone. Please help to input suggestion, thanks!
I love alma pm ..its my dream bag! i find it a expensive but i m saving for it and by 2013 ill be able to buy to it hopefully (lol)

I just bought the Beige Poudre color in the Alma MM. I love the size (I started with a few PMs but now they seem small to me since I've been using larger bags lately), but I'm questioning the color. I loved it at first but now I'm not sure if it looks too "old", like something my mom would carry. I'm 35, so far from a teenager:smile:, but def. don't want to carry a bag that makes me look even older than I am. I orig. bought it bc I felt that it would go with a lot since it's such a neutral color. Again though, I'm concerned if it's an older looking color. Thoughts?