Alma pm in damier ebene-too "mature" looking?

Cind11

Mar 26, 2006
I bought my first LV on Monday; an Alma pm in damier. It was between that, the Alma in vernis or a Verona pm in damier. I loved the vernis but felt it just came off as too dressy for me. I am 52 so I guess I am "mature" but I consider myself a "young" 52. I do not dress like a twenty year old but I do not dress like I am seventy either. I wear a lot of Anthropologie, JCrew and Banana Republic. I just wonder if this bag looks too old for me. My sister was with me and we both thought the Alma looked better on me than the Verona. But now I am wondering. Why must I second guess everything I buy? I don't have issues with the fact that it is handheld etc.

Oh no, not at all! Alma is one of my fave bag...I own 2 and plan to get 2 more :graucho:
Love the classic, sophisticated look of Alma!
Congrats and enjoy her...She's a beauty in every way!
Here's one of my fave pics taken last spring w/ the lovely Alma :hbeat:

DSC02438.jpg

Definitely not! I think I understand why you passed off on the Verona. Maybe you found it too fun and flirty? The Alma is definitely a keeper. It is a classic shape and damier ebene is the best for me because you have no worries about it. Enjoy it!

I prefer the alma in vernis or epi...

But I think its up to you. If you LOVE it in the damier ebene - keep it. If you aren't so sure, then its maybe not for you.

Thanks everyone! Needlv, I do love it but started second guessing myself only after reading a few references on here about it looking mature. Guess I should stop reading lol.

Oh wow, I didn't even realize they made the alma in damier it looks so special, albeit it might be because of the masses of them that I see in monogram and vernis :S

I've never been an Alma fan before but I saw someone with an ebene Alma PM the other day and now I want one! I'm 55 but the woman I saw with one the other day was only in her 20s, so I don't think it's too 'mature' looking.

Not at all..Actually, I'm thinking of buying myself a Damier (or Epi) Alma or a Verona PM for my 18th birthday. It's such a classic shape, you can't go wrong with it :smile:.

Definitely not. I'm a 25-year-old guy so I'm not sure how much my opinion on this is relevant to you :lol: but I absolutely adore the Ebene Alma. I think it's one of the most classic and beautiful bags LV has ever made, and I think it can look amazing on young women as well as 'mature' women. I don't think it looks too 'old' in any way, it's just classic and will always be in style!