Alma PM, epi carmine or vernis pomme??

Yesterday I was in Whole Foods & noticed a lady with a Vernis Alma PM in pomme - she looked great!

Epi is awesome and durable but the Vernis is just so much more fun. What is the primary use? Everyday or for a work bag I'd say Epi but for a whimsical special occasion bag I'd go Vernis.

It's so difficult, I like vernis for alma especially pomme. Very very classy n elegant, I think it's one of the best matching, well designed icon bag from LV, ie the design matches the shiny leather and pomme is such a classy color, but only one problem. Vernis has peeling problem. On the other hand for durability, nothing beats epi ( I m not sure of empriente cos I haven't own one yet) however, epi on an alma doesn't standout. Just another LV bag. HTH

QUOTE=nyeb2tosq;26220809]Hi guys!! I need help to decide which bag i should get ne

couldnt decide on the size before, and now that i have decided on the sizes, i cant decide for which finishing i should get.

I have tried both on, but it just made me even more confused. Theyre just too gorgeous! Would you guys be able to help me with your thoughts about these two bag? Like the pros and cons? And if you can post ur mod pics with the bag would be even better ;)

Thanks so much beforehand.
[/QUOTE]

Peeling problem for Vernis?! Never heard of that, unless obviously you scuff it first and the vernis comes off. With careful use, I've never heard of this. Perhaps someone can provide more info? X

It's so difficult, I like vernis for alma especially pomme. Very very classy n elegant, I think it's one of the best matching, well designed icon bag from LV, ie the design matches the shiny leather and pomme is such a classy color, but only one problem. Vernis has peeling problem. On the other hand for durability, nothing beats epi ( I m not sure of empriente cos I haven't own one yet) however, epi on an alma doesn't standout. Just another LV bag. HTH

Yep exactly what i thought. Thanks for this!

Yesterday I was in Whole Foods & noticed a lady with a Vernis Alma PM in pomme - she looked great!

Epi is awesome and durable but the Vernis is just so much more fun. What is the primary use? Everyday or for a work bag I'd say Epi but for a whimsical special occasion bag I'd go Vernis.

It will be more for fun times or special occasion definitely! More and more towards vernis now :biggrin:

Epi - classy and as the 30th anniversary approaches, a classic line. I feel like vernis will be discontinued - absolutely no intel - just a feeling given the connection to Marc Jacobs and the original naming scheme of the vernis line. The other logo leather lines besides empriente are being discontinued. So vernis seems like next logical choice that we bid farewell to. Moreover, LV has been covertly preparing us - some bags that are inside red vernis don't have logo - Ana and pochette métis come to mind as well as the oxford ballet flats that come in vernis colors but not embossed.