Alma PM discontinued?!

Yep! Honolulu store is not allowed to ship out their bags (longstanding policy as I remember and they verified that again today when I asked) , and Rodeo is the place with the weird "dont call us, we will call you" policy. So still praying for that call from Beverly Hills.
..... and I called Dallas Northpark personally the minute the store opened this morning and they told me that it was an "inventory glitch" and they don't actually have it.

..... and I called Dallas Northpark personally the minute the store opened this morning and they told me that it was an "inventory glitch" and they don't actually have it.
In any case, I contacted the original SA at the close of business today to update on all of this The reply was "ok well, hopefully it is still there tomorrow".
At this point, yeah. Hopefully is the best we got.

I know this is LV and not Hermes, but I simply called the closest two Hermes stores when I couldn’t find the color passport holder I wanted to give to my DH online at a Hermes.com. The first didn’t have it but did check their stock. The second SA I spoke with didn’t have it in stock at his store but checked the computer to find out which store did have it. I called that third store and the completed the transaction over the phone, no problem. The item was quickly shipped to me and was perfect.

Why don’t you call the store that has the indigo Alma in stock tomorrow? Make the transaction over the phone and have it shipped to you. By the way, I seriously doubt the Alma is discontinued so it won’t be the end of the world if you call the store and it’s already been sold.

I know this is LV and not Hermes, but I simply called the closest two Hermes stores when I couldn’t find the color passport holder I wanted to give to my DH online at a Hermes.com. The first didn’t have it but did check their stock. The second SA I spoke with didn’t have it in stock at his store but checked the computer to find out which store did have it. I called that third store and the completed the transaction over the phone, no problem. The item was quickly shipped to me and was perfect.

Why don’t you call the store that has the indigo Alma in stock tomorrow? Make the transaction over the phone and have it shipped to you. By the way, I seriously doubt the Alma is discontinued so it won’t be the end of the world if you call the store and it’s already been sold.

Sorry, please disregard this post. I saw it was already addressed. I can’t figure out how to delete it. My bad.

The épi is definitely still available today and will be for the near future at least. The fact that some areas, or even countries do not have a high inventory of x item at x time does not mean that it is discontinued. For example, the Pochette métis has always been hard to come by in the US, but it is always readily available in Japan. Another example is the Dauphine, which until some weeks ago, was impossible to come by in some countries, but was readily available in Asia in very large amounts.

Going back to the Alma, of course that the in-store stock and produced colors are very few compared to 2014, to name a “recent” year with many options available, but your SA should definitely be able to source one from you with full deposit since this is required now even to get a Neverfull MM.

As for why your SA told you this, maybe she/he was misled by the store/local management or maybe she/he made it up.

In Switzerland ( Europe) the Alma in Epi is definitely discontinued!

Reactions: monkeyjuju
In Switzerland ( Europe) the Alma in Epi is definitely discontinued!
Oh really? All Epi or certain sizes?

I know based on the UK and Paris LV website, I no longer see the Alma Epi in MM but still do see it in PM (though only in Black and Indigo).

The Alma Epi is on my wishlist, and it's now moved up to the number 1 spot :lol:

Oh really? All Epi or certain sizes?

I know based on the UK and Paris LV website, I no longer see the Alma Epi in MM but still do see it in PM (though only in Black and Indigo).

The Alma Epi is on my wishlist, and it's now moved up to the number 1 spot :lol:

All sizes of the Epi Alma are discontinued in Switzerland. Maybe they have some PM in other cities in Europe, but I think they will sell only the bags they have in stock. My SA told me that at the moment the Epi Alma is no more in production. Maybe they will produce it in a few years (or months??), but at the moment they stopped it. I hope you understand my bad English :sad:

I’m confused. When you go to the LV official website (US) and click onto iconic bags, the first dozen or so bags are Almas. They come before the Speedy. Why would they discontinue the bag they deem as the most iconic in their line? The SAs are often misinformed.

Reactions: blondiekinz
I went onto the French site and it's available to order in epi noir or indigo...but vernis, mono, damier, and vernis lisse are not available. So maybe they're simply selling the remaining stock.
https://fr.louisvuitton.com/fra-fr/produits/sac-alma-pm-epi-000513#M40620
I live just over the Swiss border from France and have a friend in Alsace who takes delivery of items that I can't get shipped to Switzerland.

Too bad, I always liked the Vernis in Amarante, but never bought it (the BB version is still available in this finish/color and in a few other combos). It would be a shame for this bag to disappear, but there are always beautiful new bags around the corner. And resellers.