Alma PM- damier or Mono

May 16, 2013
Hi! So I'm looking to get an alma PM.... I am a mono girl at heart only have 1 damier piece and that's my planner should I get the Alma p.m. in mono or DE?

naturally I would get mono, but the bottom vachetta worries me that it might show stains and get dirty ....i take care of my bags but these things happen .....would DE last longer in terms of cleanliness.... what do you think?

DE would hold up much nicer IMO in the Alma. You don't have to worry about the bottom and it would be a beautiful all weather bag - especially nice since we are headed towards winter. BUUUUT, Coco Chanel herself owned a Mono Alma.
If it were me, I would get the DE.

Well, you could always use a leather protector if you're willing to put in that effort.

But I think I'd go with DE myself because it's less fussy. Also since you don't seem to have a bag that's in that print.

DE ! I have one and adore it ! I receive many compliments on her :smile: Its a cute bag that can go from dressy to casual in a heartbeat . Plus its DE so carefree ! GL :smile:
I looked at the mono one in the past . But to tell you the truth , every time I see one out and about . Which is not often , the bottom always looks dirty :sad: I feared this so I never purchased the monogram one .

I like the looks of alma DE better and no need to fuss over it, but if you really like the mono and as honou mentioned, willing to take care and apply protection, it should still be fine?

I have the DE alma in pm and it's nice not to have to worry about color transfer if wearing on the shoulder or getting the vachetta dirty. Also you could only use the mono alma in nice weather unless you protect the leather.

I'd choose the DE. It's as beautiful and classic as the mono and it's much more worry-free. I find DE to be slightly dressier, and I think this beautiful bag is appropriate for all seasons.