Alma MM owners - strap or no strap??

Mar 17, 2013
Hi! I'm about to purchase the Alma MM in Epi noir and am wondering if those of you that have an MM Alma bought and/or use the optional strap? I definitely like this bag better hand held but am wondering if the strap would be nice for travel. And I know that technically there aren't hooks for the strap but it could be hooked from the handle, anyone done this? Any and all thoughts would be much appreciated! :smile:

Personally for me, the only Alma that looks good with the strap is the Alma BB! Alma MM with strap would look as if the bag is having an identity crisis.

I just purchased my Alma mm in epi noir today and would not suggest getting a shoulder strap. It is too big to be carried that way. That is why LV did not add the extra hooks for a strap. If you use a strap, you could damage the bag. It also looks way better handheld, in my opinion.

Personally for me, the only Alma that looks good with the strap is the Alma BB! Alma MM with strap would look as if the bag is having an identity crisis.

I just purchased my Alma mm in epi noir today and would not suggest getting a shoulder strap. It is too big to be carried that way. That is why LV did not add the extra hooks for a strap. If you use a strap, you could damage the bag. It also looks way better handheld, in my opinion.

I agree with both MDNA and ubo22.

The Alma is my most favorite LV style! :love: I only like the strap on the bb though. If you did want the option of the occasional strap, you might consider choosing the PM size. GLD!

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this! The comment about the bag having an "identity crisis" with the strap made me laugh - it's so spot on! I hadn't thought of it like that but it makes total sense. The MM is the better size for me - the PM looks like a child's bag, it's just too small - so no strap it is. I don't really like the strap on this bag (except in BB size as someone else mentioned) but thought it might be nice for convenience only when running through an airport or something. But it's so not worth damaging the bag, that's for sure! My SA has ordered a fresh Alma MM epi noir for me from the warehouse and it should be arriving in the boutique this week - I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Will be sure to do a reveal - it will be my very first LV bag! :biggrin:

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this! The comment about the bag having an "identity crisis" with the strap made me laugh - it's so spot on! I hadn't thought of it like that but it makes total sense. The MM is the better size for me - the PM looks like a child's bag, it's just too small - so no strap it is. I don't really like the strap on this bag (except in BB size as someone else mentioned) but thought it might be nice for convenience only when running through an airport or something. But it's so not worth damaging the bag, that's for sure! My SA has ordered a fresh Alma MM epi noir for me from the warehouse and it should be arriving in the boutique this week - I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Will be sure to do a reveal - it will be my very first LV bag! :biggrin:
:yahoo: Looking forward to your reveal!!!