Alma MM Bag in black?

blueiris

O.G.
May 11, 2008
Are you speaking of the vernis? Amarante is not black. It is a very dark raisin color. In bright light or in photos taken with flash, it has shimmery burgundy highlights in it. In normal lighting, it's almost black, but next to a black item, it's clear that it is not truly black.

There are a number of photos of tPFer's items in amarante. I know there must be tons of photos in the Clubhouse section (there is a Club Amarante, I think).

For straight black, there is the epi leather Alma, but I think it's a touch larger than the vernis Alma MM.

Lululapell

O.G.
Mar 15, 2008
Thanks for your quick response on this. :smile:

Are you speaking of the vernis? Amarante is not black. It is a very dark raisin color. In bright light or in photos taken with flash, it has shimmery burgundy highlights in it. In normal lighting, it's almost black, but next to a black item, it's clear that it is not truly black.

This is what I thought regarding the raisin color. And I really want a shiny black. This color is too off for me.

There are a number of photos of tPFer's items in amarante. I know there must be tons of photos in the Clubhouse section (there is a Club Amarante, I think).

For straight black, there is the epi leather Alma, but I think it's a touch larger than the vernis Alma MM.

I've looked at that one but I really like the idea of patent and the monogram. Darn.