alma in damier canvas vs. ribera???

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.

LVKeepallfan

Apr 8, 2008
Sunny SoCal, USA
Both bags are structured and gorgeous. IMO, you can't go wrong with either of the two. The Ribera is a bit wider than the Alma which could be cumbersome. Try both at the boutique and see which best suits your needs. Good luck w/ your decision.

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
Contented
I love the Alma - the shape is so classic yet discreet. I don't have it in Damier as yet, but my most recent LV purchase was an Alma in epi canelle - DREAMY!

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I prefer the alma, I just think it's a nicer shape. The ribera is a little more casual, while as the alma can go from business to casual much more easily !

Jul 3, 2006
My Damier Alma is one of my very favorite bags. I use it all the time. It can be casual with nice jeans, boots and a crisp white shirt, or it looks gorgeous dressed up. I love the Alma in Damier. I'm not too fond of the shape of the Ribera.

*bunny*LV*

O.G.
Jan 9, 2007
Belgium
I prefer the Alma (especially in damier! don't really like the mono version). I saw a lady with the Ribera and it had a dent on each side at its widest point, like it collapsed a bit. Didn't look nice.

gre8dane

So Proud!!
O.G.
Mar 30, 2008
I have the Ribera, never liked the Alma until I saw the Vernis Alma. The Ribera is different, classy, roomy, comfortable to carry & beautiful with the red interior against Damier. I don't know about 'sagging or collapsing' Riberas...maybe the fake Riberas do that...I carry a lot and it does not sag or have dents. It's a structured bag. I love it and prefer it to the Alma, but you can't go wrong with either. You will simply be one of a few Ribera owners or one of many Alma owners that just have great taste!

Let us know what you decide.

naida

Jan 4, 2009
Toronto, Canada
hi everyone. so i went to LV today with the intention of either buying the alma or ribera. but when looking at the alma i decide its a little too small for me. i also notice the Trevi bag and fell inlove with it! its a little out of my budget so i decide to go home and think about it...well now im contemplating between the Trevi or the Ribera. any suggestions?