Alma damier pm or prada saffiano - help pls

ilu333

O.G.
Aug 9, 2006
His ladies! Please help me pick between these bags? I'm looking for a nice functional bags that will last a long time without going out of style. I like the saffiano in either the new bicolor as in pic or a classic black. The blue is not so bright in person and much classier than in pic but I'm thinking of the black too. The only concern is with recent quality issue that I read about the saffiano. I'm so indecisive since I like the damier alma as well. Pls help me choose :smile:

View attachment 2062011

View attachment 2062012

dangerouscurves said:
Why not Alma in Vernis?

Actually I do like vermis as well but I don't know if the color will match well with my attired. I don't dress up a lot with the kids so though I love the vermis.. I thought it may be too shiny? Any thoughts on the black Epi?

Actually I do like vermis as well but I don't know if the color will match well with my attired. I don't dress up a lot with the kids so though I love the vermis.. I thought it may be too shiny? Any thoughts on the black Epi?

The reason why I suggested Vernis is because Alma is a structured bag and the canvas may lose it's shape. I had a Prada Saffiano bag and after two years the bag also lost it's shape. I don't think Vernis is too dressy. You can wear it with jeans and T-shirt. I can't give you any opinion on epi leather as I never have any experience with it :smile:

Prada. I only like alma in epi and its not super functional as an everyday bag. And the bicolor is gorgeous. I just saw red and orange - ridiculously beautiful.

I think Prada Saffiano. I think it's beautiful and I don't really love the Alma in DE. I think the Alma is TDF in Vernis, but as you said, you aren't really looking for Vernis for an everyday bag.

Love the Epi Electric! Would prob do the Prada over the DE ALMA, but if you could do vernis or electric would prob do that over the Prada. Do you have a preference of zip closure vs open? That may help you to decide!