Alma BB with Strap? Better Fit than Alma PM?

Jul 28, 2016
I had and sold an Alma PM DE. I only wear bags with straps, and the PM with the strap from my Speedy B 25 DE stuck out too far from my body because of the bag's triangular shape. I'm wondering if this bag in the BB size might look more propionate with a strap and jut out less. Also, I'm only 5'1" and am concerned that the strap that comes with the BB might be too long for me. Any input would be appreciated!

love2learn

Jul 26, 2013
Dallas/Ft. Worth
I'm 5'2 and have the BB in epi. If the strap is just on my shoulder it is rather long, but not to bothersome. If it's crossbody, it's the perfect length. It still juts out a little worn crossbody, but not to bad. It's a fun bag to have, but I don't load it up like some people do because it's hard to get stuff in and out.

SpeedyJC

Just a gal who loves purses, clocks and cats
O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
New York/ Vermont
I had and sold an Alma PM DE. I only wear bags with straps, and the PM with the strap from my Speedy B 25 DE stuck out too far from my body because of the bag's triangular shape. I'm wondering if this bag in the BB size might look more propionate with a strap and jut out less. Also, I'm only 5'1" and am concerned that the strap that comes with the BB might be too long for me. Any input would be appreciated!
I also had an alma PM and found it too bulky when using a strap. I think an alma bb will work fine with your height, I say go for it.

Jul 28, 2016
Well, they arrived and are gorgeous, and the BB definitely lays better against the body on the strap than the PM. Alas, I've decided not to keep them, though. The size is just a touch too small. The PM seemed huge, but the BB is just a wee bit too tiny. As such, the noir would fill the same role as my black Soho Disco. Also, I realized that my Bal City Small in violet prune is in the same color family as the Alma fuchsia, so I can shop from my own closet if I want a pop of color. Come income tax return time, though, one of these might be in my future:smile: