Alma BB vs Speedy B?

Dearest girl

Louis Vuitton•Chanel• Balenciaga
Oct 5, 2012
Hello all ladies,

Should I go for Speedy B 25 or Alma BB in vernis? I have no speedy B , but have 2 Alma bb in vernis + 1 Alma bb in epi. I'm very unsure about speedy b because the fact that so many people in my town have one. I know I should be worried about myself, but it just bugs me for no reason when seeing people carrying speedy b every 5-10 mins in shopping mall ( not including the fake ones). I know speedy b is a useful bag, but can't decide on this.

So Speedy B 25 or Alma BB in vernis?

TIA

Hello all ladies,

Should I go for Speedy B 25 or Alma BB in vernis? I have no speedy B , but have 2 Alma bb in vernis + 1 Alma bb in epi. I'm very unsure about speedy b because the fact that so many people in my town have one. I know I should be worried about myself, but it just bugs me for no reason when seeing people carrying speedy b every 5-10 mins in shopping mall ( not including the fake ones). I know speedy b is a useful bag, but can't decide on this.

So Speedy B 25 or Alma BB in vernis?

TIA
I would go for the Speedy unless you are specifically after a limited edition Alma colour that you are dying for.

If you are so unsure about it then why not consider other bags? They are so expensive no point settling in something you are not 100% satisfied. Lemme see what is similar to these two bags in the similar price range

I would buy the speedy as you have already 3 almas bb. I wouldn´t look at the others if you really like the speedy and if it fits you.. Otherwise I would suggest you the turenne pm and the siena pm which are similiar like the speedy but more dressier and I haven´t seen anyone with it. They are more beautiful when you see them in the store than on pictures.

As the alma is your favorite, maybe you wouldn´t be happy with a not structured bag which looks more casual..
Or buy a alma pm instead of bb to have more diversity?
Turenne and Siena are more sturctured. Their shape stays the same.

Last edited:
Who cares about what others have/have not, you should buy what you like and whatever suits your lifestyle. Speedy b25 is popular for a reason. I bought it last year and find it super practical and useful - absolutely love it and would highly recommend it as a crossbody plus it fits way more than the almaBB. I did purchase the speedy b30 before it, but found it too big as a crossbody so I sold it and bought the 25 in damier ebene which is a great all weather canvas. You could go for the empreinte version if you don't like canvas but that does slouch after some use and in my personal opinion the speedyb is a carefree and casual bag so is better in canvas. Hope that helps.

I own both the speedy b (all three sizes) and alma bb (just one). I feel the same way as the other tpfers, if you like the bag, you get it. I could care less if everyone else has the same bag, as long as it serves its function I'm good. I can't choose one over the other when it comes to the two. To me they're totally different bags. But in your case, I would get the speedy b, because I like variety, and I think you got your bases covered with the alma bb. I'm hoping to add a second bb to my collection, I'm lusting for an epi. 😍