alma bb vs favourite mm what are pros/cons

nks12

Feb 9, 2019
I plan on making my first high end designer purchase as a grad gift for myself and am stuck deciding between the alma bb in damier ebene or the favourite mm in monogram.

Im not someone who dresses up often which is why i don't think the alma bb would a good choice and i think the favourite would go better with my casual style of jeans and leggings t shirts
i don't carry much in my purse only my keys phone charger hand sanitizer chapstick and mini lotion and a small card holder

i love the look of both and am having such a hard time deciding

Reactions: KS3

KS3

O.G.
Mar 22, 2010
Congrats!!!
That’s a tough one! They’re both great bags. I’ve had my Favorite mm in mono and Azur for 5 yrs now. It’s my most used bag. Very versatile and super comfy. The only con is the strap length as it’s too short for me for crossbody. I use my Eva strap most of the time. I have had the gold plate replaced once on my mono due to tiny scratches free of charge. Planning on replacing it on both bags again soon. I’ve been told by my SA that the plate has a lifetime warranty so no charge for replacing it. Also I had no creasing issues with both of my bags. My DA canvas is actually thicker than my mono. As for Alma bb de I’ve only had it since Xmas and love it. It holds a little bit more than the Favorite. Again the only con for me is the short strap. Also because of the shape of the bag, it’s easy to bump it into things and get scuff marks but they come off easy. Hasn’t happen to mine yet. You can still carry the Alma with leggings and jeans, I do.
Although both bags are similar in size one is structured & other not so much. Which is more of your style?
Since this is your first high end purchase are you planning on having it in your collection for a long time?
For first piece I would go with something classic and timeless, Alma bb de. My first purchase was a speedy 30 de about 10 yrs ago. Still have it and use it and it still looks good as new that’s an advantage of de as it doesn’t show wear as much as mono.
Best way to decide is to go to the store and try them on if you can. You can’t go wrong with either. Hope this helps. Can’t wait to see what you pick [emoji2]

Jasmin M

Mar 10, 2019
I plan on making my first high end designer purchase as a grad gift for myself and am stuck deciding between the alma bb in damier ebene or the favourite mm in monogram.

Im not someone who dresses up often which is why i don't think the alma bb would a good choice and i think the favourite would go better with my casual style of jeans and leggings t shirts
i don't carry much in my purse only my keys phone charger hand sanitizer chapstick and mini lotion and a small card holder

i love the look of both and am having such a hard time deciding
Ooh very exciting! I've previously owned both, and they are quite different styles. I like the favorite for being super light weight, whereas the alma is more practical in terms of being able to fit your daily items. If you're someone who carries a bit of stuff, as I do, I'd go with the Alma.