Alma bb vs. Alma pm

I am getting a bag next week and thought for months I wanted an Alma in Vernis. First I wanted the PM, but after seeing pics of the bag online after a few years of use...it didn't look like it ages well. It seems like (at least the Vernis) the sparkle fades and it started to look aged.
Then I thought the BB would hold its shape and luster better. I think this is true, but when I tried it on...as someone said, it just felt like a little girl bag without the strap. I think the "looks better on the hanger" comment defiantly applies to this for me. I realized it looks so pretty, but holding the bag felt very insignificant because it was so small...I took pics last month so you can see...some people thought it looked great, but it just didn't feel great.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461547508.688823.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461547526.763852.jpg
I think carrying it handheld felt like the size of my coffee...
I decided to get the Artsy MM in monogram.

I am getting a bag next week and thought for months I wanted an Alma in Vernis. First I wanted the PM, but after seeing pics of the bag online after a few years of use...it didn't look like it ages well. It seems like (at least the Vernis) the sparkle fades and it started to look aged.
Then I thought the BB would hold its shape and luster better. I think this is true, but when I tried it on...as someone said, it just felt like a little girl bag without the strap. I think the "looks better on the hanger" comment defiantly applies to this for me. I realized it looks so pretty, but holding the bag felt very insignificant because it was so small...I took pics last month so you can see...some people thought it looked great, but it just didn't feel great.

I think it'll look better crossbody on you for your height. Carrying it by the handles does look too small for you. I think a pm would look perfect on you. Check out darker colored vernis ones or epi. I have both and they age better than the lighter colored ones. :smile: Almas are so classy. I hope you find one that suits you.

Good morning to all. I would love to hear your thoughts on the alma pm vs. the alma bb as an everyday bag. I watched a number of you tubes on the bb and it seems to hold a lot. Thank you

i use both at for different occasions. Usually i take the pm to work and the bb to play. i can fit in both, my full size wallet, a small cosmetic pouch, and my phone comfortably. I tend to include a sweater/scarf, water bottle and /or other items in the pm. It also helps to get a strap for the pm and carry it on the shoulder, makes it more user friendly too. :graucho: but i love both sizes equally.

View attachment 3337953
View attachment 3337954
I think carrying it handheld felt like the size of my coffee...
I decided to get the Artsy MM in monogram.

Great pics this is so helpful. Thank you. Would you mind telling me how tall you are for reference? I'm 5ft 2 and was considering between the bb and pm, but more for going out use than an everyday bag. TIA.

Great pics this is so helpful. Thank you. Would you mind telling me how tall you are for reference? I'm 5ft 2 and was considering between the bb and pm, but more for going out use than an everyday bag. TIA.

I am 5"7'. I actually think for your frame the BB is perfect! You seem petite and I think that size would fit you better than me.

I think it'll look better crossbody on you for your height. Carrying it by the handles does look too small for you. I think a pm would look perfect on you. Check out darker colored vernis ones or epi. I have both and they age better than the lighter colored ones. :smile: Almas are so classy. I hope you find one that suits you.

Yes, I did try it crossbody and also I tried the PM in black Epi. I did like it, but I feel like that particular bag doesn't go with my life right now...I am graduating in 2 weeks, so I should be thinking about more business bags, but I feel like I will buy the Alma when I'm in the thick of it.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461586708.638947.jpg
This is the Epi PM in Noir, and the Vernis BB in Amarante with the strap.

I am 5"7'. I actually think for your frame the BB is perfect! You seem petite and I think that size would fit you better than me.

Yes, I did try it crossbody and also I tried the PM in black Epi. I did like it, but I feel like that particular bag doesn't go with my life right now...I am graduating in 2 weeks, so I should be thinking about more business bags, but I feel like I will buy the Alma when I'm in the thick of it.
View attachment 3338275

Yes you could be right, the PM look really nice on you. But being smaller perhaps I would be better with the bb. I guess a trip to LV to try them both :smile:
Good luck with your graduation and choosing the perfect bag.

View attachment 3338275

The most business looking alma would be the epi in noir. Perfect classy work bag.

In my opinion the PM and the bb are totally different and both good but depends what you're looking for. The bb is a great going out bag, fits a lot and can also be fun. The pm is more classic and a better work bag it's not too big so can also be good going out. I have both in DE and love them both for different reasons. I also bought a long strap for my pm and it works great cross body too.