Alma bb vernis-amarante or rouge fauviste?

Emes

Feb 21, 2017
Hi there! Long time fellow purse fanatic on this forum. Not really one to start discussions, but I am concerned about a purchase I recently made.

I normally do not have issues buying from Fashionphile or other websites alike, but I finally pulled the trigger for an Alma bb amarante that I’ve been coveting for a couple years now. Was really excited until I pulled it out of the box. Positive it’s real, but I think the seller listed the color as amarante when it’s really rouge fauviste? As a first time owner of vernis material it’s difficult for me to discern.

What color do you believe it to be?? I posted a pic without and with flash for reference.

Experienced owners, please let me know of your feedback! Can post more pics if needed. Many thanks in advanced!!

IMG_2955.JPG IMG_2956.JPG

Tough to say. First looks like amarante but second doesn’t. Amarante is pretty dark. Here is a comparison. Left is amarante. Right is rouge fauvista. Edit. Yours looks more purple than rouge fauvista but cud be lighting in photo.
IMG_5431.JPG

Reactions: Emes
I do not think it’s rouge faviste. It’s a different shade... your 2nd pic I see purple hues but none in my wallet which is rouge fauviste. They look totally different to me.

IMG_0077.JPGIMG_0078.JPG

Ah! I see the difference between the pictures at least. Just in person I anticipated a much richer and almost black hue.
Not sure I’m wowed by the bag.
Your replies have been very resourceful, thank you!!

Anyone have other amarante photos in different lighting for reference?

IMG_1540.JPG

Here is a picture of my Summit Drive bag in amarante in the light if this helps give you a point of reference (I apologize if the picture doesn’t post correctly, this is my first time posting a pic with the app).

View attachment 4365876
Here’s another Amarante pic for reference. Maybe you can take a pic of your Alma in sunlight so we have a better reference for you.

Taken by a window in sunlight!View attachment 4368888

Ok now convinced it’s amarante, the material is just different in person vs seeing it in photos. Doesn’t help that it changes colors in lighting lol. Also anticipated the embossing to be deeper. Still the bag is lovely. It’s grown on me and I think this one is a keeper :smile: Thank you for contributing all your fabulous eye candy!!!