Alma BB too similar to Celine Nano?

KimTX

O.G.
Mar 19, 2013
As I stated in another thread, I want to simplify and only have bags I love and want to reach for regularly. I have had the Celine Nano on my mind for several years, but felt it was too expensive. I bought the Alma BB in epi noir about 18 months ago and have truly enjoyed the bag. However, I still can't get the Celine out of my mind. I've never lusted over a bag for so long-I usually lose interest.

Dilemma - I think the Celine Nano looks great in many colors, and considered the bag in Dune (like a taupe color) to keep them from being to similar, but for a bag that is almost $3,000, I think black makes the most sense for me since it matches just about everything I have, it's timeless, and it's durable, etc.

The Alma BB seems just a bit more dressy to me due to the hardware and lady-like style, and the Celine has a more casual look and vibe to me. I am really trying hard not to be redundant in my bags, so advice is appreciated . Are they too similar? I really do love my BB! But, the Nano is like....gotta have it. Would you go ahead and get it in black or get it in a different color?

The nano luggage?

I LOVE the luggage line (still) but most people think it's getting or already, dated. However, besides the size 'class,' I don't think it has much similarity at all to the Alma BB.

Reactions: KimTX
The nano luggage?

I LOVE the luggage line (still) but most people think it's getting or already, dated. However, besides the size 'class,' I don't think it has much similarity at all to the Alma BB.

Thanks, like I said, it's been years since I fell for the bag! I'm for sure getting it. Around where I live, you never see Celine at all, so having an outdated Celine means nothing! Small cross body is still in fashion. I'm more struggling with getting it in black, which is my preference, or going with a different color to not duplicate my black BB. That said, you are right. They have a different vibe.

Hi, if you really love the design.
I think you should at least get one luggage.
Size wise if you carry few items.
The bb is a great bag, can go fr morning to night outs.
The Celine nano is more spacious than the bb.
Remind that Celine luggages get color transfer on light colored leather as I have read.
I have a blue one so I can't say much about the color transfer.
The Epi bb's are maintenance free as well.
I have now regretted buying my light vernis piece.

Hi, if you really love the design.
I think you should at least get one luggage.
Size wise if you carry few items.
The bb is a great bag, can go fr morning to night outs.
The Celine nano is more spacious than the bb.
Remind that Celine luggages get color transfer on light colored leather as I have read.
I have a blue one so I can't say much about the color transfer.
The Epi bb's are maintenance free as well.
I have now regretted buying my light vernis piece.

Thank you. I was thinking I'd regret a light color, and this bag is pricey for me, so I want to be practical in terms of price per wear and longevity.

I have a black nano and it's very versatile and I use it all year round. It's very different from the alma bb. That's why it's still on your mind. Get it! [emoji7]

Thank you. I was thinking I'd regret a light color, and this bag is pricey for me, so I want to be practical in terms of price per wear and longevity.

Just FYI - I was in Neimans this evening and a girl was very upset with her cream/black nano - she was complaining to the SA that her denim had rubbed off on it and she couldn't remove the stain. The SA told her it was unfortunate but bound to happen.

As I stated in another thread, I want to simplify and only have bags I love and want to reach for regularly. I have had the Celine Nano on my mind for several years, but felt it was too expensive. I bought the Alma BB in epi noir about 18 months ago and have truly enjoyed the bag. However, I still can't get the Celine out of my mind. I've never lusted over a bag for so long-I usually lose interest.

Dilemma - I think the Celine Nano looks great in many colors, and considered the bag in Dune (like a taupe color) to keep them from being to similar, but for a bag that is almost $3,000, I think black makes the most sense for me since it matches just about everything I have, it's timeless, and it's durable, etc.

The Alma BB seems just a bit more dressy to me due to the hardware and lady-like style, and the Celine has a more casual look and vibe to me. I am really trying hard not to be redundant in my bags, so advice is appreciated . Are they too similar? I really do love my BB! But, the Nano is like....gotta have it. Would you go ahead and get it in black or get it in a different color?
I'm drawn to this very bag, and I have/ love Alma BB. In my opinion, they are not too similar at all, and I would most definitely get the Celine, especially in light of the fact you've been drawn to it for years and that hasn't diminished. That said, I would not get black. I think the Dune is a gorgeous, elegant, versatile shade and it looks fabulous with black! It will go with everything black will and it'll stand out while remaining neutral. I love this bag and don't consider it dated and certainly wouldn't worry about it not being in fashion years from now.

Reactions: 2gr8
I wanted a nano for a couple of years.
Like you I was hesitant bec of the price.
But after having 2-3 bbs.
The feel for the nano didn't go away.
So I ended up buying one.
No regrets!
If you are lucky you might be able to find good preloved ones.
For nano size, I prefer the smooth over the grained one. The grained one seems to lose its shape though.

I agree with the others, really the only similarity is due the size. I'd go for the black, there is nothing wrong with having 2 black bags for different purposes. For me cost is always a factor and I'd rather have something that is likely to hold up longer and stay classic (black) rather than something that could show wear/tear more quickly, especially in that price point.

I agree with the others, really the only similarity is due the size. I'd go for the black, there is nothing wrong with having 2 black bags for different purposes. For me cost is always a factor and I'd rather have something that is likely to hold up longer and stay classic (black) rather than something that could show wear/tear more quickly, especially in that price point.

this! black is timeless and worry free

Just FYI - I was in Neimans this evening and a girl was very upset with her cream/black nano - she was complaining to the SA that her denim had rubbed off on it and she couldn't remove the stain. The SA told her it was unfortunate but bound to happen.
That is a worry for me. I do have some color transfer on a DA piece, so I know it happens. I would be upset if it happened at this price point.

Exactly. I appreciate variety, but I want this one to last as long as possible and not show a lot of wear.

I wanted a nano for a couple of years.
Like you I was hesitant bec of the price.
But after having 2-3 bbs.
The feel for the nano didn't go away.
So I ended up buying one.
No regrets!
If you are lucky you might be able to find good preloved ones.
For nano size, I prefer the smooth over the grained one. The grained one seems to lose its shape though.

Thank you for pointing this out. While I really like some bags to sag and puddle and squish, part of what I like about this bag is the shape. I was torn over which type of leather to get on this bag. While I feel the drummed is more durable for wear, the smooth one will definitely hold its shape longer. I will also be careful with the handles. I see some handles that sway over to one side (I have an Hermes TPM Garden Party like that and sold it b/c it drove me nuts) and I won't buy the bag unless the handles are perfectly upright.