Alma bb Seller's remorse- have you had it? how did you cope?

Jul 23, 2012
So I owned a Alma BB in Rose indian for 2 years and just sold it yesterday.

Absolutely loved looking at that bag but I rarely used it due to the fact I felt like it was strictly an evening bag and also I shy away from any color let alone bright pink patent. I'm 22 but didn't see myself growing old with this bag, and with my handbags long term use is important to me.

However this bag was also a special gift and accompanied me on a special trip so now I feel extremely guilty. I did have my SO blessing to sell it, he wanted me to put the money towards something I'll use, however to this day this is the only item I own that he went and picked out by himself and I just can't believe I sold it.

This may sound insane but I actually cried and contemplated asking the buyer to buy it back for more money. I haven't yet, but I'm really torn.

On top of everything, upon coming to this forum to see other people's pictures of it I've learnt it's being discontinued and already scarce.

Sooooo any and I mean any advice would be appreciated. I never thought twice about any other item I sold so this is definitely different and I wonder if I'll ever get over it.
Along with asking to rebuy it back I've considered repurchasing the alma bb to fill the void, but in a more subtle color perhaps Amarante? What are your thoughts?

This is what happened to me with my Speedy Empreinte in Orient. I have considered contacting the buyer, but it has been several months already, so probably too late. I have also considered getting it in another colour, but it was a really special colour and nothing else compares ��. Sorry I am of no help, just in the same situation.

I can imagine how hard it can be but of your gut was to sell then you should put it towards something you would use

thank you for your reassurance!

This is what happened to me with my Speedy Empreinte in Orient. I have considered contacting the buyer, but it has been several months already, so probably too late. I have also considered getting it in another colour, but it was a really special colour and nothing else compares ��. Sorry I am of no help, just in the same situation.

awww so unfortunate we relate about something so miserable lol. I guess it doesn't really get easier months down the road :sad: lesson learnt to really be certain now!

I'm so sorry to hear your heartbreaking case of seller's remorse, especially since the bag had sentimental value. I went through something similar with a very special wallet (Josephine) that unfortunately showed defects early (premature cracking of the canvas) and had to be replaced; I thought for sure I would never get over it but ended up replacing with a different design (Clemence)...interestingly I love my new wallet more than the original since it's more functional and meets the needs of my current lifestyle better. I now realize that what really mattered to me the most was the memories, not the wallet, and that those cannot be sold or replaced.
All I can suggest is accepting that the Alma BB has found a loving new home and out there is another bag, maybe an Alma BB in Amarante like you suggested, that is a better fit in your life and is waiting to be your new best shoulder buddy:hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear your heartbreaking case of seller's remorse, especially since the bag had sentimental value. I went through something similar with a very special wallet (Josephine) that unfortunately showed defects early (premature cracking of the canvas) and had to be replaced; I thought for sure I would never get over it but ended up replacing with a different design (Clemence)...interestingly I love my new wallet more than the original since it's more functional and meets the needs of my current lifestyle better. I now realize that what really mattered to me the most was the memories, not the wallet, and that those cannot be sold or replaced.
All I can suggest is accepting that the Alma BB has found a loving new home and out there is another bag, maybe an Alma BB in Amarante like you suggested, that is a better fit in your life and is waiting to be your new best shoulder buddy:hugs:

I cannot thank you enough for this response. You have a much more positive outlook on this and I really needed to hear it. So glad you found your perfect wallet, what a great reminder that everything really does happen for a reason. I'm going to move forward now with this in mind :hugs:

I cannot thank you enough for this response. You have a much more positive outlook on this and I really needed to hear it. So glad you found your perfect wallet, what a great reminder that everything really does happen for a reason. I'm going to move forward now with this in mind :hugs:
Most welcome:biggrin: Maybe you can, on a random day, go to the store with your boyfriend and have him help you pick out a new bag (so it will still have his personal touch) and then go out for a nice supper afterwards together. Those kinds of days are some of the best!

I think the feelings you are experiencing have more to do with the sentimental feelings you've attached to the bag vs the actual bag. These feelings are completely normal and understandable. As for the bag, I love Alma BB and own two, Amarante Vernis and Epi Piment. I adore them and use them every chance I get! I do feel Amarante is a more versatile color than RI. RI is lovely, but it would be more of an occasion bag whereas a more versatile " neutral" shade or Epi Alma BB might get more use. I think it may be worth repurchasing in a different color/ material as a compromise. You'd have the style your SO chose for you and in a color you'd reach for and use. Good luck!

this has happened to me with several bags that I've sold. Never any LVs but some of my other bags. I sold a LOT of bags back when my DH were long distance and I had to fly to europe every few months. I still get sad when I think about some of the bags I sold but I really value the time we had on our vacations together. I also have purchased new bags that I love and I look at those and smile.

I know it's hard and it can be sad, but I agree with others saying that if it was your gut to sell then you should stick to it. I also always picture how happy the person who bought it from me is with my old bags and try to think of my bag living a fun life (I know I probably sound crazy!).

Absolutely loved looking at that bag but I rarely used it due to the fact I felt like it was strictly an evening bag and also I shy away from any color let alone bright pink patent. I'm 22 but didn't see myself growing old with this bag, and with my handbags long term use is important to me.

However this bag was also a special gift and accompanied me on a special trip so now I feel extremely guilty. I did have my SO blessing to sell it, he wanted me to put the money towards something I'll use, however to this day this is the only item I own that he went and picked out by himself and I just can't believe I sold it.

This may sound insane but I actually cried and contemplated asking the buyer to buy it back for more money. I haven't yet, but I'm really torn.

On top of everything, upon coming to this forum to see other people's pictures of it I've learnt it's being discontinued and already scarce.

Sooooo any and I mean any advice would be appreciated. I never thought twice about any other item I sold so this is definitely different and I wonder if I'll ever get over it.
Along with asking to rebuy it back I've considered repurchasing the alma bb to fill the void, but in a more subtle color perhaps Amarante? What are your thoughts?

I would recommend not buying it back. I did this with a white mc bag and well I didn't buy the exact same bag I sold but I bought the same exact type of bag and I realized it was a mistake and ended up selling it again. Sometimes when I see it I still miss it but the fact is like you it just wasn't working for me. For me I saw the bag as a strictly only summer bag and I live in new york so that meant June-August, I even thought May was kind of pushing it. Also it was a light color which didnt go with any of my wardrobe and it was kind of well it was very girly which didnt go with my wardrobe either. I ended up buying the same type of bag but in black mc and I love it. I feel like it matches me perfectly and I can wear it from May-end of October and actually I just took it out the other day. Plus this was the bag I always wanted but just had issues finding one.

I think you should get an alma bb in a color pattern that will work for you. Maybe your so can come along and help pick it out? Also plenty people do wear their alma bb's during the day too so that's something to think about. I think you made the right choice selling it. I use to just stare at my white mc bag too but I realized what a waste it was.

Last edited:
Most welcome:biggrin: Maybe you can, on a random day, go to the store with your boyfriend and have him help you pick out a new bag (so it will still have his personal touch) and then go out for a nice supper afterwards together. Those kinds of days are some of the best!

I think this is exactly what I will do!! :biggrin:

I think the feelings you are experiencing have more to do with the sentimental feelings you've attached to the bag vs the actual bag. These feelings are completely normal and understandable. As for the bag, I love Alma BB and own two, Amarante Vernis and Epi Piment. I adore them and use them every chance I get! I do feel Amarante is a more versatile color than RI. RI is lovely, but it would be more of an occasion bag whereas a more versatile " neutral" shade or Epi Alma BB might get more use. I think it may be worth repurchasing in a different color/ material as a compromise. You'd have the style your SO chose for you and in a color you'd reach for and use. Good luck!

You are absolutely right, thank you! I'm definitely sad towards the memories attached to the bag and not the actual bag, but Miss Krys has just reminded me I didn't sell the memories :smile: You bring up so many fantastic points. Choosing another alma bb would be the style he chose, almost like I just painted it right?! LOL just kidding but I really am leaning towards this, as you said I think it is a perfect compromise. Glad to hear you love and use your amarante, it truly is a beautiful color. I have a zippy coin purse in amarante as it's always been my favorite LV color, so a matching alma bb sounds like a great idea to me!

this has happened to me with several bags that I've sold. Never any LVs but some of my other bags. I sold a LOT of bags back when my DH were long distance and I had to fly to europe every few months. I still get sad when I think about some of the bags I sold but I really value the time we had on our vacations together. I also have purchased new bags that I love and I look at those and smile.

I know it's hard and it can be sad, but I agree with others saying that if it was your gut to sell then you should stick to it. I also always picture how happy the person who bought it from me is with my old bags and try to think of my bag living a fun life (I know I probably sound crazy!).

Thank you! You're right, the girl who purchased my BB was so excited, I don't know how I ever considered asking for it back and taking that joy :sad: It's not crazy at all, that makes me so content to think about, it definitely went to a good home and made someone else happy.

I would recommend not buying it back. I did this with a white mc bag and well I didn't buy the exact same bag I sold but I bought the same exact type of bag and I realized it was a mistake and ended up selling it again. Sometimes when I see it I still miss it but the fact is like you it just wasn't working for me. For me I saw the bag as a strictly only summer bag and I live in new york so that meant June-August, I even thought May was kind of pushing it. Also it was a light color which didnt go with any of my wardrobe and it was kind of well it was very girly which didnt go with my wardrobe either. I ended up buying the same type of bag but in black mc and I love it. I feel like it matches me perfectly and I can wear it from May-end of October and actually I just took it out the other day. Plus this was the bag I always wanted but just had issues finding one.

I think you should get an alma bb in a color pattern that will work for you. Maybe your so can come along and help pick it out? Also plenty people do wear their alma bb's during the day too so that's something to think about. I think you made the right choice selling it. I use to just stare at my white mc bag too but I realized what a waste it was.

Thank you for telling me your experience. I think this would be exactly what would happen if I repurchased this exact bag. Or it goes back to sitting unused, which isn't a good scenario either. I felt the same about rose indian being strictly for summer which here in Canada is again basically 2 months lol. Glad to hear you found the perfect alternate in black MC, that must've been a hunt! I think I am going to repurchase the alma bb in a dark color so I have no issues wearing it all day, all year round. Thank you so much for the reassurance, so glad I posted on here, I finally feel okay with my decision.

Last edited:

You must have your reasons of selling it, respect your own decisions. There are so many other colors and material on the same style. How about DE print? That can be used as an everyday bag!

I think this is exactly what I will do!! :biggrin:

You are absolutely right, thank you! I'm definitely sad towards the memories attached to the bag and not the actual bag, but Miss Krys has just reminded me I didn't sell the memories :smile: You bring up so many fantastic points. Choosing another alma bb would be the style he chose, almost like I just painted it right?! LOL just kidding but I really am leaning towards this, as you said I think it is a perfect compromise. Glad to hear you love and use your amarante, it truly is a beautiful color. I have a zippy coin purse in amarante as it's always been my favorite LV color, so a matching alma bb sounds like a great idea to me!

Thank you! You're right, the girl who purchased my BB was so excited, I don't know how I ever considered asking for it back and taking that joy :sad: It's not crazy at all, that makes me so content to think about, it definitely went to a good home and made someone else happy.

Thank you for telling me your experience. I think this would be exactly what would happen if I repurchased this exact bag. Or it goes back to sitting unused, which isn't a good scenario either. I felt the same about rose indian being strictly for summer which here in Canada is again basically 2 months lol. Glad to hear you found the perfect alternate in black MC, that must've been a hunt! I think I am going to repurchase the alma bb in a dark color so I have no issues wearing it all day, all year round. Thank you so much for the reassurance, so glad I posted on here, I finally feel okay with my decision.
I think that's a great solution. I really do use and enjoy carrying my Alma BB's. I have the Zippy Coin Purse in Amarante Vernis too and it's the perfect small wallet in my Alma BB's. I love it, especially in Amarante!

Do not ask to buy it back. Please see your bolded words, you weren't using it! The reason was because it was too dressy and the bright color. So getting amarante won't solve the issue that it was too dressy.

Use the funds to find something else you'll use. Consider a speedy b or alma bb in DE or Mono. There is no point paying more money to buy a bag back just for sentimental reasons. Tough love, move on to a new bag! :hugs:

I did that with the LV Beverly MM. Sold it, and bought it again years later because I couldn't stop thinking about it. Still haven't used it much. I do love the bag tho but probably not a sensible decision on my part :smile: