Alma BB or Favorite MM?

I have to change my earlier vote from favorite to alma bb!!! I just bought an alma bb in epi noir and she's sooooo gorgeous. I think it can definitely be dressed up or down ! If you get it in canvas though then you'd be more limited to casual wear.

Did you end up 100% deciding on one?

Hey everyone! I want to buy a cross body bag and downsize from my speedy and never full. I was dead set on getting the favorite MM but the Alma BB has been swaying me. Which one would you prefer? I would be happy with either one but I really need some input from you guys! I'm concerned that the thick top handle of the alma bb is too "casual" and won't match semi-formal outfits. I don't know. Thanks!

Both are nice bags, i have 1 Alma BB in epi leather, i can use it for dress up or down. I believe alma bb in monogram canvas can be dressed up or down too.
Favourite MM is also a pretty bag.
I suggest you to try the bag, just like clothing sometimes the bag which look good for someone can look different when we use. Thus people may always have different opinion.
It always happened to me too, when I saw the bag online, one bag can be very nice but when I tried, it's not like what I expect although it can be look very nice to other people.

I personally like to carry bag with handle instead of cross body so alma bb will be a better choice for me but if you like the bag to be used as cross body but sometimes you may want to carry it like a clutch, favourite mm will be your better choice.

Both bags will never go wrong, so if you can come down to the boutique and try, it will be best as you can see which will be the best for your need :smile:

Good Luck in your decision [emoji4]

Last edited:
I have both. I use my favorite MM more. The alma bb in the epi is very structured and I have to watch where I'm going so I dont bump my purse into surfaces. The favorite is more flat and somewhat conforming to the body so I like my favorite a lot more.

Neither are high on my list (I prefer different cross body bags, like the Pochette Metis) but between the two I'd go Favorite. I had an Alma BB in Vernis. She was beautiful. And pissed me off because I had to play tetris to fit what I was carrying into it because of the odd wedge shape. It just didn't work well for me. You may have a different experience, but if you can, go try putting your things in both of them and see which one you like.

LOL Tetris!

Hey everyone! I want to buy a cross body bag and downsize from my speedy and never full. I was dead set on getting the favorite MM but the Alma BB has been swaying me. Which one would you prefer? I would be happy with either one but I really need some input from you guys! I'm concerned that the thick top handle of the alma bb is too "casual" and won't match semi-formal outfits. I don't know. Thanks!

If you are set on getting a canvas piece I like the favorite MM better hands down (price point is better too). If you are opened to getting a vernis or epi piece, then the alma bb is a fantastic choice!

Thanks for all the feedback!! I'm thinking about getting canvas because I want to keep my budget at $1,000. Anymore then I rather get a full size bag. I won't be able to purchase until Jan because I still have many xmas gifts to cross off the list so I'm being patient but thanks for all the feedback. I might just have to make that 6hr trip to LV to see them in person!

I think the Favorite is more everyday-casual. But the Alma BB can be dressed up if you hand carry it.

Personally I love the shape and style of the Alma BB, plus it comes in sooo many gorgeous colors and leather options. :smile:

I too am deciding between the alma bb and the favorite. I love the look of the alma bb. It's so cute. But I worry that in the long run as I age, the favorite will stay more classic while the bb might start looking childish. Need advice. I know it's stupid to put an age limit on things. And usually I don't but this is an expensive choice. In my 30s. Lol

Alma BB hands down! I'm biased as you can tell! It can be dressed up or down, handheld or crossbody and it's a true classic. The Favorite is too casual in my opinion and there are a few things that just bug me about it... the stitches and rivets that can be seen on the back and the silly looped end of the strap... it just looks unfinished to me!

Attachments

• 1453037719404.jpg
    1453037719404.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 693
Both are great bags . I've owned alma bb's for over a year and recently brought a favourite mm. I find I use the alma be for lunch out, dinners or if I'm going away for the weekend and need to take just one bag. I seem to grab my favourite mm for quick errands or popping to do food shopping.