Alma BB Dilemma!

jules08

O.G.
Aug 16, 2007
I just purchased the Speedy B 30. I was going to buy the 25, since I have it in the regular one, but when I tried 25 on, and I am petite, was too small as a shoulder bag. Tried on 30, size is better as a shoulder bag, love it, keeping it blah blah blah

ANYWAY............

I mentioned I am petite, could never buy an Alma because it looked to big for my frame but it is a lovely bag. I did not know they were making a smaller version - BB - and when I went to Saks, I saw it in the case! It's so damn ADORABLE!!!:P

But should I buy it? I just bought the Speedy B which no way I am returning. Should I really buy bag because it's so adorable and not to mention I wanted one but too big for me? For 1K? I would actually like it better it damier ebene, because so much vachetta on mono. Would look so nice as a crossbody, but I also just bought a couple of non LV crossbodies!

Please advise, what would you all do? Going :nuts:! Thanks!

I just purchased the Speedy B 30. I was going to buy the 25, since I have it in the regular one, but when I tried 25 on, and I am petite, was too small as a shoulder bag. Tried on 30, size is better as a shoulder bag, love it, keeping it blah blah blah

ANYWAY............

I mentioned I am petite, could never buy an Alma because it looked to big for my frame but it is a lovely bag. I did not know they were making a smaller version - BB - and when I went to Saks, I saw it in the case! It's so damn ADORABLE!!!:P

But should I buy it? I just bought the Speedy B which no way I am returning. Should I really buy bag because it's so adorable and not to mention I wanted one but too big for me? For 1K? I would actually like it better it damier ebene, because so much vachetta on mono. Would look so nice as a crossbody, but I also just bought a couple of non LV crossbodies!

Please advise, what would you all do? Going :nuts:! Thanks!

I got the BBs because I am also petite and the other Almas are just too big on me. (Plus the strap is a huge plus.) I say get the bag, but not in mono because of the vachetta. Get the epi or vernis but you should decide soon because I'm pretty sure they're going to sell out fast! They're both beautiful!

I have a little bit of the same dilemma as I bought the Alma BB in monogram and also like the Speedy B! If you thought the 25 was too small for you the BB is smaller. I'm not petite, and I love the size of the Alma BB (but I am also worried about the Vachetta!), if you want a small bag I think it is adorable, but as a practical matter it won't really do anything the Speedy B won't.

GearGirly, good point about SpeedyB being too small, and maybe AlmaBB would be the same, I dunno. Maybe it's one of those bags that are better to look at than wear, for example mini HL. I had it in Mono Multi but NEVER used it, so I sold it. I mean what was I gonna do, just stare at it, LOL? But it was cute as hell.

ETA I just saw reveal bt LiYaH102. Very cute on her, and holds a nice amount of basics. I may just go and try it on. But I still don't like the fact that I bought and am keeping SB, and really don't want to spend another grand! Ah, well.:thinking:

I love the size of the Speedy B 25, I think it is awesome, but if you thought it was too small you will definitely find the Alma smaller because it isn't slouchy like the Speedy B, it is very structured!

Buy it!!!

I was a little unconvinced as I'm a larger gal, and it's so tiny - but it looks great. I just got the call that I can finally go in and purchase mine.

It's versatile too, I'll use it for evenings and the strap will be great for shopping too when I don't want the bulk of a larger bag. I think with the high demand for these the resale value will be quite high as well.

You can get the vernis one since there's no vachetta to worry about~ :P I'm all about enabling people these days.. haha~~~ let me post my picture here for you to decide. Btw, I am only 5'3" so I am petite as well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN6307.jpg
    DSCN6307.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 13,732
I have the same dilemma too when I saw the ALMA BB Amarante. But Speedy B is a MUST have for me and Alma BB is also the small handy bag I have been looking forward to have. My SA said if I dont get the Alam BB now it would be gone soon as that's the last piece, even on the first day of launch ! But she's very nice to ask me just get the Alma BB first and the Speedy B another day as it's going to be a permanent item. But I got both !! I will use Speed B as daily bag and Alma BB for shopping or dining.
I attached a pic of both side by side for your reference. :P

Attachments

• DSC04128a.jpg
    DSC04128a.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 5,763
  • DSC04146a.jpg
    DSC04146a.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 3,705
  • DSC04151a.jpg
    DSC04151a.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 3,557
If i did buy Abb, I would have to get the mono, because that's the one I fell for first sight! The vernis is gorge, but too much $$$ since I just bought the other bag and also very dressy IMO and I need casual. I cant understand why they didnt make it in damier ebene (vachetta free), the decision prob would be no brainer. I will give myself end of the business day to think about. I'll prob end up with (yet another) brown shopping bag going home!

I personally think the Alma BB is super cute, but don't think I'd dish out the money for how much the vernis costs though it is beautiful! I'd go for the mono if you really like the style.

You can get the vernis one since there's no vachetta to worry about~ :P I'm all about enabling people these days.. haha~~~ let me post my picture here for you to decide. Btw, I am only 5'3" so I am petite as well.

attachment.php

Oh gosh... I WISH I didn't see this photo!! You look amazing with the Amarante.... noooo... how am I gonna stop myself from getting this?! :lol: