Alma BB Dilema - keep or exchange?

monkey0419

Dec 3, 2013
Hi all, I think I need a little help here deciding whether I should keep my alma bb or not.

I purchased the alma bb in damier ebene a few days ago from the LV online store, thinking it is a versatile bag and it is a classic from LV worth getting. However, upon receiving the bag and trying it on, there are a few things I am not sure about the bag:

1. the strap is a bit long for me to wear as a shoulder bag (it sits below my hip). Cross-body is ok, the top of the bag sits at my hip. I am 155cm for reference, so I am short. the strap is not adjustable, so if I want to wear as a shoulder bag, I would either need to get an adjustable strap or wear heels to make myself taller.

2. when the strap is attached to the two rings on the handles and then worn cross-body, the handles lift upwards a little. So the handles don't sit flat against the bag. However, when looking at other people's modelling shots with this bag, I don't seem to notice this issue?

now in terms of my lifestyle - I usually don't carry a lot with me. my usual items are ZCP, key pouch, a small card holder, a lipstick and my Samsung galaxy. So the alma bb is definitely big enough to hold all my items. I also love to shoulder and cross-body carry. I don't like hand-held... however, I notice the alma bb looks cutest when hand-held or on the crook of the arm.

If I am exchanging, I am thinking about the speedy b 25 in damier ebene. i think speedy b 25 is a classic. but noting that i don't carry a lot, is this the right bag for me? or should i get this just because it is a classic/investment piece?

my current lv bag collection is mainly small handbags - pochette metis in empriente noir, favourite mm in mono, saint Mitchel in mono/black epi and croisette in damier azur. my other non-lv bags are also small/mini sized. I don't have any big bags that can fit notebook/laptops/umbrella etc., mainly I don't need to on a day-to-day basis.

So in summary, what is your experience with alma bb in terms of versatility, comfort level and functionality when wearing cross-body/shoulder carry? Should i keep it? and if exchanging, should i go for speedy b 25, or is there other options that are better given my collection/lifestyle?

Thanks so much for reading my long post and appreciate any comments/suggestions.

I say return take the refund and sit on a decision for a bit. The Speedy B 25 is a great bag but for what you carry it will just be a big black hole. Doesn’t sound like you really know what to get so I say wait until something makes your heart sing. LV is constantly releasing new bags. Right now you have some great bags. Buying a bag just because it is a Classic is not the answer.

I love the look of the Alma bb in DE but it sounds like it’s not for you given the strap length. You have to be comfortable carrying the bag and like how it sits. The handles have to be pushed down or up but they don’t lay absolutely flat. I think a Speedy b 25 is a great choice and you’ve already got a smaller structured bag with the Croisette. The 25 actually holds quite a lot more than it looks! I have 3 Speedys and 2 Alma bbs. The Speedys get way more use. :smile:

I like my Alma BB in vernis - I only wear it crossbody and on crook of the arm. I took it to many international trips and it’s very comfy and hold all my essentials. I don’t have a Speedy B but I do have a speedy 25; which I don’t use often. Since you don’t really carry a lot (just like me) I think Alma BB is better. The speedy can be a blackhole and it’s more causal in my opinion.

Go in store and try on and see what you like. If you are unsure, return it and use the fund to purchase something else. Perhaps you should consider the pochette accessoires NM?

Reactions: prepster
Maybe look into the Siena PM. It is a little larger than the alma bb but definitely smaller than the speedy b25. It also has a crossbody and shoulder option and the strap is adjustable too.

Reactions: Kayka
I say return take the refund and sit on a decision for a bit. The Speedy B 25 is a great bag but for what you carry it will just be a big black hole. Doesn’t sound like you really know what to get so I say wait until something makes your heart sing. LV is constantly releasing new bags. Right now you have some great bags. Buying a bag just because it is a Classic is not the answer.
Thanks for the reply. Refund is an option. Maybe i should visit the store to see if there are any other bags i like, tuen decide whether i should exchange or refund.

Reactions: CornishMon
I love the look of the Alma bb in DE but it sounds like it’s not for you given the strap length. You have to be comfortable carrying the bag and like how it sits. The handles have to be pushed down or up but they don’t lay absolutely flat. I think a Speedy b 25 is a great choice and you’ve already got a smaller structured bag with the Croisette. The 25 actually holds quite a lot more than it looks! I have 3 Speedys and 2 Alma bbs. The Speedys get way more use. :smile:
Wow so jealous that you have 3 speedy, they are a bit hard to get these days online or instore. I agree that i dont have any larger bags and speedy 25 can be a great choice and size, and it is classic. I tried on it before and it looks really good on. Just need to consider whether i would actually get a lot of use out of it given i dun carry a lot... btw i actaully love the slouchy look of speedy lol

I like my Alma BB in vernis - I only wear it crossbody and on crook of the arm. I took it to many international trips and it’s very comfy and hold all my essentials. I don’t have a Speedy B but I do have a speedy 25; which I don’t use often. Since you don’t really carry a lot (just like me) I think Alma BB is better. The speedy can be a blackhole and it’s more causal in my opinion.

Go in store and try on and see what you like. If you are unsure, return it and use the fund to purchase something else. Perhaps you should consider the pochette accessoires NM?

Yes, i will definitely try instore other styles of bags. Btw do u know if i can get refund from the store for a bag purchased online?

Maybe look into the Siena PM. It is a little larger than the alma bb but definitely smaller than the speedy b25. It also has a crossbody and shoulder option and the strap is adjustable too.

Thanks for the suggestion. When browsing online, i thought the siena pm is larger than speedy 25. Now you mentioned it was smaller, i should def check it out instore.

Thanks for the suggestion. When browsing online, i thought the siena pm is larger than speedy 25. Now you mentioned it was smaller, i should def check it out instore.
Yes it has a tapered top and the bag depth is about an inch less. What I do like about it is while smaller it still fits a clemence. PM me if you think side by side photos would help. I have the Siena PM and a Speedy 25. I am happy to. [emoji5][emoji5]

Yes it has a tapered top and the bag depth is about an inch less. What I do like about it is while smaller it still fits a clemence. PM me if you think side by side photos would help. I have the Siena PM and a Speedy 25. I am happy to. [emoji5][emoji5]
thanks! just pm u. would love to see comparison photos~

Do you have the Speddy in DA? That's the last one I need. But afraid of the lightness. Thanks

I would return the Alma BB and just wait for a bag to come along that you just love. I don't like to hand carry either, and I doubt I will buy anymore bags that have hand carry handles, even if they have a shoulder strap option. I always feel like the short handles get in the way or don't lay right. I'd rather just have a bag that goes on the shoulder, I'm okay with a short or long shoulder strap.

If you love everything about Speedy B 25 you should go for it. What I don't like about this bag though is that the opening is small and difficult to get things in/out of, it's actually worse than many bags that are far smaller in size. I also don't like bigger bags like this worn on a long shoulder strap or crossbody, for that look I like a bag that is smaller in size and doesn't stick out as much.

Reactions: monkey0419
Hi all, I think I need a little help here deciding whether I should keep my alma bb or not.

I purchased the alma bb in damier ebene a few days ago from the LV online store, thinking it is a versatile bag and it is a classic from LV worth getting. However, upon receiving the bag and trying it on, there are a few things I am not sure about the bag:

1. the strap is a bit long for me to wear as a shoulder bag (it sits below my hip). Cross-body is ok, the top of the bag sits at my hip. I am 155cm for reference, so I am short. the strap is not adjustable, so if I want to wear as a shoulder bag, I would either need to get an adjustable strap or wear heels to make myself taller.

2. when the strap is attached to the two rings on the handles and then worn cross-body, the handles lift upwards a little. So the handles don't sit flat against the bag. However, when looking at other people's modelling shots with this bag, I don't seem to notice this issue?

now in terms of my lifestyle - I usually don't carry a lot with me. my usual items are ZCP, key pouch, a small card holder, a lipstick and my Samsung galaxy. So the alma bb is definitely big enough to hold all my items. I also love to shoulder and cross-body carry. I don't like hand-held... however, I notice the alma bb looks cutest when hand-held or on the crook of the arm.

If I am exchanging, I am thinking about the speedy b 25 in damier ebene. i think speedy b 25 is a classic. but noting that i don't carry a lot, is this the right bag for me? or should i get this just because it is a classic/investment piece?

my current lv bag collection is mainly small handbags - pochette metis in empriente noir, favourite mm in mono, saint Mitchel in mono/black epi and croisette in damier azur. my other non-lv bags are also small/mini sized. I don't have any big bags that can fit notebook/laptops/umbrella etc., mainly I don't need to on a day-to-day basis.

So in summary, what is your experience with alma bb in terms of versatility, comfort level and functionality when wearing cross-body/shoulder carry? Should i keep it? and if exchanging, should i go for speedy b 25, or is there other options that are better given my collection/lifestyle?

Thanks so much for reading my long post and appreciate any comments/suggestions.
Can you just buy an adjustable strap for the Alma bb?

also on the pochette accesoires, it has been on my wishing list forever....but been told out of stock instore and online. i mainly order online and when visit instore, i wasnt able to be served by the same sa. so no existing sa relationship...