Alma BB Dilema - keep or exchange?

Return. I have and strap is too long for me. I don’t use strap it came with. I swapped my speedy b strap and now I wear the bb hand held or on shoulder. I don’t wear crossbody. I luv it and get compliments but if it’s not working for you exchange for something else.

Reactions: CornishMon
I would return the Alma BB and just wait for a bag to come along that you just love. I don't like to hand carry either, and I doubt I will buy anymore bags that have hand carry handles, even if they have a shoulder strap option. I always feel like the short handles get in the way or don't lay right. I'd rather just have a bag that goes on the shoulder, I'm okay with a short or long shoulder strap.

If you love everything about Speedy B 25 you should go for it. What I don't like about this bag though is that the opening is small and difficult to get things in/out of, it's actually worse than many bags that are far smaller in size. I also don't like bigger bags like this worn on a long shoulder strap or crossbody, for that look I like a bag that is smaller in size and doesn't stick out as much.
do you use a bag organiser for your speedy? i think speedy also look the best when hand-held, so chic :heart:

Reactions: DreamingBeauty
Can you just buy an adjustable strap for the Alma bb?
i can, but i think its more now whether i really love the bag to get a separate strap or better to get something else... i have the same strap length issue with the croisette, but i love it to death, the colour combine and super lady-like shape. so i bought an adjustable vanchetta strap for it.

This is something I struggle with alot when it comes to LV straps . I do have the Alma bb in Epi electric . I usually only wear this bag for dinners out with my husband and hand carry her . If I wear my bb to the mall , I will usually just arm carry and let the strap dangle below . Or I can use it CB . I can not wear the bb strap on my shoulder . Its to long and does not look good . I knew this when I purchased the bag . Hence , why I went for EE as its a little more dressier / fancy imo.
Personally , I would not keep this bag if you intend to use it as an everyday bag . LV has a good selection of bags in the ebene print you can try . Speedy b is a nice option . Siena and Kensington bowling come to mind as well . Go to LV , check some bags out and decide . Good luck :smile:

do you use a bag organiser for your speedy? i think speedy also look the best when hand-held, so chic :heart:
I have a vintage Speedy 25 (not B), no organizer but I don't really need it. Mine kept its shape pretty well (I think it's the larger sizes that have more sag) and I really don't carry much, I have a large Hobo wallet so most of my little stuff goes in there. I carried it the other day actually (hadn't in a really long time) and it's just not that easy to get my wallet and phone (just a regular size smartphone) in and out with that thin short slit opening lined by zipper. I also remembered how I really don't like having to hold a purse in my hand or in crook of arm :-P

I carry my Rebecca Minkoff MACs or Love Crossbodies, or Patricia Nash Ferrara Satchels, way more often, these are all very easy bags to use, bigger openings, go on shoulder.

I have a love/hate relationship with my Alma BB. I love the color (fuchsia), leather (Epi), and size. The strap is perfect length for me but I don't find it super comfortable, especially when I wear thin clothes in the summer. In the winter it is less of an issue. And yes, mine does the same thing you pointed out with the raised hooks.

The reason I sort of hate it is that it is better as a hand-held bag, and I'm not a huge hand-held bag-kind of person. I prefer crossbody bags. But I will wear it both ways when I need to. Also I find the zipper opening a bit annoying to get in and out of. On the flip side, it feels less prone to pickpockets because of that.

I think if it's not "love" then return. I'm sure you can find a better bag. I know from experience if something already annoys you about the bag, it's best to return it.

My epi alma was a very versatile bag, and it works best crossbody, I like it but for that bag size I got it in the black colour which imo is just soooooo boring, tbh I think you will get more joy out of carrying an alma than speedy 25, the speedy will look very deflated if you don’t carry a lot. Maybe exchange and sit on the credit note for a while?

tja
This is something I struggle with alot when it comes to LV straps . I do have the Alma bb in Epi electric . I usually only wear this bag for dinners out with my husband and hand carry her . If I wear my bb to the mall , I will usually just arm carry and let the strap dangle below . Or I can use it CB . I can not wear the bb strap on my shoulder . Its to long and does not look good . I knew this when I purchased the bag . Hence , why I went for EE as its a little more dressier / fancy imo.
Personally , I would not keep this bag if you intend to use it as an everyday bag . LV has a good selection of bags in the ebene print you can try . Speedy b is a nice option . Siena and Kensington bowling come to mind as well . Go to LV , check some bags out and decide . Good luck :smile:
thanks!siena pm is growing on me atm, but thanks for the suggestion re. kennington bowling. will check that out too.

I love the Alma BB in DE and I find it to be a very versatile bag. That said, if You don’t Love it and it’s not meeting your needs, it may be best to return until you’re sure.

so after i got ready today for groceries, i thought i tried on the alma bb again before i visit lv tomorrow. apart from the strap being long for shoulder carry, it seems when crossbody or on the crook of my arm, the bag looks quite proportionate to my body. the only difference this time is i actually have shoes on, whereas the first time i was bare feet...
the second and.third pics are shoulder carry, and forth crossbody. should i keep?

20180609_122117_mh1528520291723.jpg 20180609_122134_mh1528520265681.jpg 20180609_122140_mh1528520343208.jpg 20180609_122154_mh1528520380136.jpg

I think it looks really nice on you. I say keep if you think the strap length doesn't bother you too much. You could always purchase an adjustable strap later on.

I also think it looks great on you. The shape of the alma bb really suits you. If it's only the strap that's stopping you from keeping it. I would either get a adjustable strap or have it shorten, I remember LV did do this before as my sis had hers shorten ages ago, she's only 4ft 10in so most straps even adjustable ones are too long. But im not sure if this service is still available.

Reactions: Aliluvlv