Alma BB Denim Epi? Thoughts?

shup

O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
Hi there!
So after much deliberation, I picked up the alma bb in denim. I think it is darling and unique and I don't really have this type of blue bag. I especially love the shape Thank you to Mrsinsyder for your help with the details of the bag!

I have a classic flap with gold, a boy bag with shiny gold, and a balenciaga mini or small city in black with gold hw (I'm so indecisive!).

I had initially really wanted the epi in red bc i thought it looked more classic, but do you think this was the right choice? I bought it last Saturday and so I have one more week to return if I think I need to.

The other option I was considering was the reverse pochette metis bc i dont own any monogram, but I do find it kind of boxy and am worried about the canvas issues.

Can you help me decide if I should keep or exchange or maybe just return altogether? Should I get the red alma bb or reverse metis instead?

Attachments

• 20170302_123449-1330x1602.jpg
    20170302_123449-1330x1602.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 1,317
  • 20170302_123527-1330x1726.jpg
    20170302_123527-1330x1726.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 812
  • 20170302_123634-1330x2365.jpg
    20170302_123634-1330x2365.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 831
  • 20170302_124725-1330x2365.jpg
    20170302_124725-1330x2365.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 846
Last edited:
Reactions: MarLoLV
If you are looking for classic then I would say no. However, you already have the wardrobe to pull off the denim bb. It looks great on you! But if you feel the red spoke to you more... then don't live in regret, especially given how much you are spending. You must be happy! Good luck and be sure to tell us what you decide.

I think it depends on your wardrobe . Do you wear more patterns or solid colors . Personally I do not care for the Epi denim with prints . Looks much better with a solid top and pants , denim . The PM reverse is nice and will go with both prints and solids . I do not think its to boxy . If you feel it is , stay away . You will regret it .
The Red epi Alma bb is pretty . But again , it depends on what you wear ? Sometimes a red handbag can pop . Sometimes not so much . GL deciding :smile:

Reactions: FortySomething
I love it. Looks great. But it sounds like you don't? I'd forget the pm since it sounds like you don't love it. Is red still bothering you?
I really actually like it but I tend to have tons of doubt regarding luxury purchases because of how expensive they are.

I think my worry is that longevity wise this color block combination might like dated. Kind of how I feel about juicy couture tracksuits haha!

I actually still like the red, but they didn't have it when I was in the store and that's how this whole process started with the epi denim. The sa showed me this one and I was enamored but again I'm just always a little paranoid about luxury purchases.

I really actually like it but I tend to have tons of doubt regarding luxury purchases because of how expensive they are.

I think my worry is that longevity wise this color block combination might like dated. Kind of how I feel about juicy couture tracksuits haha!

I actually still like the red, but they didn't have it when I was in the store and that's how this whole process started with the epi denim. The sa showed me this one and I was enamored but again I'm just always a little paranoid about luxury purchases.

Ok well it's a classic style bag that's been around a long time. It also looks great on you. The fact that the pattern is a little different makes it even nicer in my opinion. I would keep. I don't view it like a juicy tracksuit as the style of bag is absolutely a classic. But if your heart is set on red, maybe you should compare. Better yet, keep this and perhaps look at a red in time and get that too! I think the denim is versatile and can be worn with a lot.

You said as soon as you saw it you were enamored. That's probably your answer. It's a great bag.

Reactions: PrincessBala
I have the Denim Alma PM and LOVE IT! You will be surprised at how many outfits it goes with. It's so unique and always makes me smile. It has worn better than any other of my LV items. With the print you wouldn't even be able to tell if there was any damage. I occasionally look over mine to see how it's earring and it's perfect still!!! The only place I have seen any wear is the handle leather has settled in a bit and is slightly wrinkled on the bottom side. But I also have the PM and don't use a strap. It's my favorite bag!!! I really want more in the print but don't know I need more. LOVE IT! KEEP IT!!!

I have the Denim Alma PM and LOVE IT! You will be surprised at how many outfits it goes with. It's so unique and always makes me smile. It has worn better than any other of my LV items. With the print you wouldn't even be able to tell if there was any damage. I occasionally look over mine to see how it's earring and it's perfect still!!! The only place I have seen any wear is the handle leather has settled in a bit and is slightly wrinkled on the bottom side. But I also have the PM and don't use a strap. It's my favorite bag!!! I really want more in the print but don't know I need more. LOVE IT! KEEP IT!!!

Do you feel the color is an all season bag? Do you wear in winter?