Alma BB DE inside lining is not RED!

wishgirl

Jan 11, 2014
So I got my Alma BB DE today! She is beautiful. I live in Southern California, so I go to the South Coast Plaza. The first store I went to is Bloomingdale's. I rather purchase here because I get points. They showed me the purse and I just love it. However, they don't have one MIF, the inside lining is red.
So I tell them I'm going to the the LV in the mall to check if they have a MIF. When I go there, I ask to see the purse and the inside lining is Plum, not Red! I ask the SA and she is clueless, she's new, she has a training pin on her jacket. Again no MIF.
Finally I went to Saks and the lining is red, but the handle is wrinkled, MIU.
I went back to Bloomingdale's and purchase my Alma BB DE, even though it is not MIF I checked to see that my purse is perfect condition.
Just want to tell you all my experience. Are they changing the lining from Red to Plum? I love red, so I had to get it. Plum is too dark for me.
Make sure you check the lining, if you want red, if not you might get plum. But if they discontinue red, then plum will be the lining from now on? Something to think about.

Reactions: mycorreia
No just the Alma unless it has the suede lining. It is the plum - wished they would have kept the red in the Alma. It's stunning the red.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I love red lining too in DE. I did check out 5 LV stores to get my Eva clutch for Made In France. But guess what! I have no luck! So all Eva clutch and certain items are Made in USA. I feel like LV cheating...

So I got my Alma BB DE today! She is beautiful. I live in Southern California, so I go to the South Coast Plaza. The first store I went to is Bloomingdale's. I rather purchase here because I get points. They showed me the purse and I just love it. However, they don't have one MIF, the inside lining is red.
So I tell them I'm going to the the LV in the mall to check if they have a MIF. When I go there, I ask to see the purse and the inside lining is Plum, not Red! I ask the SA and she is clueless, she's new, she has a training pin on her jacket. Again no MIF.
Finally I went to Saks and the lining is red, but the handle is wrinkled, MIU.
I went back to Bloomingdale's and purchase my Alma BB DE, even though it is not MIF I checked to see that my purse is perfect condition.
Just want to tell you all my experience. Are they changing the lining from Red to Plum? I love red, so I had to get it. Plum is too dark for me.
Make sure you check the lining, if you want red, if not you might get plum. But if they discontinue red, then plum will be the lining from now on? Something to think about.
I got my Alma BB in DE when it first came out and before they introduced the red lining, my lining is a brown, the same colour as used in the monogram Speedy. It doesn’t bother me because I use vernis SLGs and I don’t need to worry about colour transfer (if I had the red lining).