Alma BB- any cons?

theweimsmom

Jan 10, 2013
Okay, I am ready to pull the trigger on the Vernis Alma BB...

I know how cute this bag is and everyone says that it actually holds more then you think. I don't have an opportunity to see it in person before I purchase as i have to order via internet.

Does anyone have any cons to mention before I order?

Thanks soo much!

The only con I can see to this bag is if you are going to get a light color and use the strap it can get color transfer. But other than that its a super cute bag. What color do you like?

So much depends on the color you choose and your expectations. Do you plan to use it for evenings out, or as an everyday bag?

The only con I can see to this bag is if you are going to get a light color and use the strap it can get color transfer. But other than that its a super cute bag. What color do you like?

I am looking at Pomme. This would be in my everyday rotation, so maybe 1-2 days a week and then of course she would see date nights or special occasions! Thank you for your feedback!

I have an Alma BB in a rose color. I actually LOVE it for casual as well as special occasions! It is not my everyday work bag because I work in a very professional environment, so a DE Trevi is more suitable for me. I have a lot of big bags, however, I actually do think the BB holds more than you think. Here's what I put in mine and I've been using it everyday this week since I've been on vacation to run errands with my son. Here's what I put in mine: my cell phone (Samsung Galaxy S3), a mini pochette (with my driver's license, money and credit cards), my small make-up bag (filled with like 8 YSL lipsticks) and my car key (just a keyless key that I don't have to take in and out).

Hope this helps! Good luck and please post pictures! I almost got the pomme, but I decided not to. So please share pics of how you wear it during the day!

Difficult to get things in and out of. If you are using it everyday, don't put too much in it because it will sag between the handles. It doesn't hold a full size wallet easily unless it is the only thing you are carrying. If I put my Sarah wallet in, I can barely fit my iphone and key holder in the bag, and once you need to get your wallet out and put it back in, you have to spend time repacking everything. Now I have to get a compact wallet (oh darn). I hand carry mine, so I don't know how the strap holds up.

Apart from that, I love carrying my Citron Alma bb…

I have three Almas BB, one is light blue (Givre), so the con can be possible colourtransfer. Then I have black epi electric Alma BB, so fingerprints - but I touch just the handle, so I avoid fingerprints on the bag. Tird one is epi fuchsia and I think it can be comparable to vernis pomme - no cons if you have a smaller wallet such as Elise, ZCP or others, than you can fit enough into this cute bag!
Good luck and pls post photos when you get it. You know how we all love pics of LV goodies :wave:

I have the pomme and no problem what so ever. I would love to get an epi one but really don't need two in the same style. I don't think you will regret your purchase just make sure u check your bag theory when it arrives. Also check the handles are level as well.

As always, everyone gives the best advice. Thank you!

I have a DE compact wallet, so I will want to carry her, a mini pochette, phone, keys and my eyeglasses case. This is more than my Eva holds so I think the BB could fill a small hole in my collection...nice way to justify a new bag...:graucho:

I have it in Amarante. It's a great little bag. Obviously it only hold essentials, but I love the fact that when I go out, my shoulder doesn't get tired. Great for evenings out, museums, or just out and about. The strap is a little on the long side, but I like it that way. Hope you get it and know you will love it. The Pomme is beautiful!