Alma bb and mm: Should I go back and exchange?

Feb 4, 2012
My hubby always says that it is a torture for him to see me trying to decide on anything... Because I always rethink.

I believe some of you have seen my alma posing post, and know I have three beautiful alma. The problem right now is about my mm and bb --- I love both of them to death, and really really really hate to part with either of them. However I can't stop thinking how little I will use them, cause both of these sizes are not daily use for me.

I have the Alma bb in passion (yellow) and mm in pomme. Do you think I should just get a BB in pomme and pass the MM? I recently went back to school and have been spending a lot of money lately... Can't stop feeling guilty if I buy bags then don't use them. But as a student, when will I ever use a MM? And a pomme bb is probably going to be more used than a yellow bb.........right? I am so confused.......

I rotate among NF GM, Totally MM, and a back bag for my school days, just for reference.

So now, ladies, what do you think? I am driving myself and my hubby crazy here. Not to mention it involves over $4000 worth of merchandize..... Should I keep them both and try to make peace with it, or go back exchange it but will most likely face the deep regret in the future? A bb in passion is probably never going to come my way ever again... But I really can't justify making them sit in my closet and not getting used......Cause they just don't fit my lifestyle for now, and maybe in the future something better will come along?

I use my MM's a lot! For work - when I don't have to carry a laptop... and for weekends when I am dressed up a little (eg. lunch with girlfriends, church etc).

I will admit that I don't use my amarante alma bb so much - it seems to only get used on special occasions - like weddings, engagement parties or dinners out with my DH.

I would just relax and enjoy your beautiful bags. Its clear that you love the bags, and you will be surprised at how often you can use an MM.

If I am still working I will totally use MM everyday! Power bag! But I am in school now and just got in so it is safe to say that might take a while for me to get out....

I think I will actually use my bb more cause it is convenient to carry around. And I can downsize whenever I go out....

MM is just heavy. I can't imagine carrying it while shopping which is probably the only time I will use it for now.

On the other hand, I do love the bags so much. My DH told me to just keep them all. He said "otherwise I would never hear the end of it about how you regret letting them go."

I use my MM's a lot! For work - when I don't have to carry a laptop... and for weekends when I am dressed up a little (eg. lunch with girlfriends, church etc).

I will admit that I don't use my amarante alma bb so much - it seems to only get used on special occasions - like weddings, engagement parties or dinners out with my DH.

I would just relax and enjoy your beautiful bags. Its clear that you love the bags, and you will be surprised at how often you can use an MM.

I have read your first reveal thread and now this. I know how you feel... Our canvas bags work as workhorse bags while the epi or Vernis are in a class by itself. Just hearing you speak of how your bb and mm make you feel is the reason you should keep it. You say you can't use the mm for school, and I agree you should use your NF or totally. But you can definitely use your mm for a night on the town, going out to restaurants, etc. You made some great choices with your bags, beautiful color choices (we are indigo twins) and try to enjoy them without feeling guilty.

Thank you.... Will try to get the guilt out of my system. I know I will regret them if I get rid of them. But I spent like over $7000 this year in LV and I feel so "empty" right now. What if I see something else I want? Now I can't get anything else from LV.... way over yearly budget. This year just has too many beautiful bags.

I have read your first reveal thread and now this. I know how you feel... Our canvas bags work as workhorse bags while the epi or Vernis are in a class by itself. Just hearing you speak of how your bb and mm make you feel is the reason you should keep it. You say you can't use the mm for school, and I agree you should use your NF or totally. But you can definitely use your mm for a night on the town, going out to restaurants, etc. You made some great choices with your bags, beautiful color choices (we are indigo twins) and try to enjoy them without feeling guilty.

I would return the MM and keep the BB as it is so cute and the colour is really lovely too:smile:

Thanks for sharing your thought! I do feel like I "should" return mm. But it is so beautiful.... And when is Pomme discontinued again? ..............I feel like she is going to be a statue in my closet, be admired and really loved, but little used.... That would be sad. Either way it is sad. Like my DH says "you are doomed to be upset about something, just be fine with it."

Thanks for sharing your thought! I do feel like I "should" return mm. But it is so beautiful.... And when is Pomme discontinued again? ..............I feel like she is going to be a statue in my closet, be admired and really loved, but little used.... That would be sad. Either way it is sad. Like my DH says "you are doomed to be upset about something, just be fine with it."

I think indigo and the yellow will be discontinued before pomme every will be .. no point having something that you will never use .. I have far too many of them in my wardrobe and eventually you run out of space:P

I know how you feel.. I, sometimes, feel guilty spending too much on purses but I try to rotate them so I can make use of all of them..

Just think hard and your priority... If you think that you can make use of your BB more, then return your MM.. You can always get the Pomme MM after you finish your school anyway (I'm guessing this color will be permanent for that long)..

In my case, I know I won't make use of the BB so I'd definitely keep the MM.. Good luck deciding!!:smile:

It sounds like you want to return the MM for being heavy and get the BB in pomme, if you feel like this new combo would go better with your wardrobe and it saves you some money then why not? try to think about what bags you'll carry in 5+years, not so much about the $ spent, but yes, money is also a factor... keep us posted :smile:

If I am still working I will totally use MM everyday! Power bag! But I am in school now and just got in so it is safe to say that might take a while for me to get out....

I think I will actually use my bb more cause it is convenient to carry around. And I can downsize whenever I go out....

MM is just heavy. I can't imagine carrying it while shopping which is probably the only time I will use it for now.

On the other hand, I do love the bags so much. My DH told me to just keep them all. He said "otherwise I would never hear the end of it about how you regret letting them go."

I agree with your DH - Keep both. I think maybe you are feeling guilty about the amount of $$ spent, rather than the bags themselves...

I love my Pomme bb...use it for evenings to dinner and all year round. I would own a pomme in pm if they made it and the MM is gorgeous, but just too big for me. If you can get away with carrying the big MM go for it! I think the yellow bb is so cute...just limited use because of a summer color....unless you live somewhere where it is summer all yr round.

Keep them all. You will regret getting rid of the pomme mm. it is amazing
and the yellow is such a pop of colour in perfect size for that sort of pop.
You have already purchased them, and shown them off to everyone on here.
Just dont go buying anymore mm's :smile: its nice to have just the 1.