Alma bb, amarente or monogram?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Getting an anniversary gift, torn between alma bb Amarente and Mono, amarente looks so dressy and beautiful, but I am worrying about the vernis leather gets scratch easily. Like the easy looks of monogram, I can see I use it as my work horse, but maybe not special enough for an anniversary gift?? Your input pls?

2. I don’t own either, but both are beautiful. Are you a more formal dresser? Do you always make sure you attire is spot on and dressed up or are you a more casual person? Answering this may help you lean one way or the other. (Personally I want to Get an Alma BB in vernis, but at almost 6 feet tall, it looks silly on me :sad: ). Good luck with your decision. :flower:

Sonyama likes this.
  3. Prefer the vernis! It’s a much smaller bag so the risk of scratching is lower.

Sonyama likes this.
  4. Out of the two I would prefer the Amarante, but have you considered epi? I think this bag looks amazing in epi

Sonyama, Clairen4 and pjhm like this.
  5. I have the alma bb in vernis cerises and it‘s pretty much scratch resistent. I love mine and my vote goes to the vernis.

Sonyama and Clairen4 like this.
  6. I love the Amarante I had one. It sparkles so beautiful. Have you tried this bag on? The reason I ask is I have to love the alma BB from afar. The way the strap attaches to the handle it makes the handles "pull" out from the side of the bag so that the handles don't lie flat and actually one side of each handle is pulled out a little farther from the bag then the other. I couldn't get past that, it bothered me a lot. Many people don't mind it so if you fall in to that category I say Amarante, it is beautiful.

Sonyama likes this.
  7. For a daily bag, I wouldn't get vernis leather. I have an Alma BB in Rose Indien and use it for speical occasions. I prefer canvas or epi for my most used bags. Have you tried on an Alma bb? Also agree with the option of epi especially if you like SHW. Good luck!

Sonyama likes this.
  8. Take a look at Epi before deciding. Vernis is very eye catching but I worry about discoloration, not so much on a dark colour such as Amarante but I wouldn’t risk it.

Sonyama and Cattyyellow like this.
  9. Épi > Vernis > Canvas.
    But an Alma is always stunning whatever it's made of.

Sonyama likes this.
  10. Amarante gets my vote. It’s really a beautiful, neutral color. In regards to scratching, as long as you avoid abrasive surfaces you should be ok and no fear of color transfer due to the dark color.

Sonyama likes this.
  11. Vernis is especially sturdy in amarante. I have a 3year old amarante 6 key holder which gets used like a key holder. It still looks practically new. I also have a pochette accessoires and a vernis strap that are very old. They look practically new too.
    So amarante is very sturdy imo.
    The only issue is fingerprints.

sayakayumi and Sonyama like this.
  12. Thanks, I would consider an api but their website only have three colors, wondering when they will have new colors coming.

13. I think they also have it in Rose Ballerine. My SA sent me a picture of one yesterday

Sonyama likes this.
  14. I would go for the Vernis in Amaranthe; love the look of it!

Sonyama likes this.
  15. Thanks for you input ladies. Hubby actually suprised me with a pink epi locky bb and I loved her. But Alma epi and Venis are on my radar screen now. :smile:

Cattyyellow likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice