Alluminio Bow... To get or not to get?

marose28

O.G.
Jan 16, 2008
That is the question...

K ladies, I need help making up my mind. I am trying to decide whether or not to get the alluminio bow during saks promotion next week. I did want the bow awhile back, but the order was already taking too long and there was drama about the ordering process, so I canceled that. When reports of sealant cracking and other defective issues about the bow (the alluminio one specifically) popped up, I didn't sweat it because I already wasn't going to get it.

BUT now... I heard new shipments of the bow came in and then there is that saks promotion coming up... so I started thinking.. should I get the bow?

If I don't get the bow, then I plan on getting a nice cosmetic case. What do you ladies think?

Also, for those who have the alluminio bow... just how grey is it? I know how hard it is to describe colors (i've tried it)... I just need to know if you think it looks grey in any way. I already have a couple of grey-ish purses and I don't like doubling on my colors.

As always, TIA!

marose28! Hrm, didn't you have a alluminio bow but returned it?? Or am I confusing you with someone else :Push: I think I am because your post sounds like you've never gotten one, so here's my opinion...

The Saks promotion sounds really really tempting.. :drool: And the giftcard sounds like a pretty big deal, because of the huge number! But, do becareful because two bags means more money to get out :oh: But that depends if you see two handbags you really want, if you do and you are willing to pay for the price of two handbags and get the promotion, then DO IT DO IT DO IT :woohoo:

*MAIN QUES: DO YOU likeLOVE THE BOW?????? If you do, I suggest.. GET IT!

If you just like it a bit and is not as crazy as I am for it, don't get it and stick to getting a nice cosmetic case like you planned.

2360222458_54de25db49.jpg

Here's a picture of my alluminio bow (INSIDE INDOOR LIGHTING)

7c82078a.jpg
b517af87.jpg

Here are two more pictures of me & the bow INSIDE a department store.

e60e897a.jpg

And the bow taken on my camera WITH FLASH.

Hope this helps!!

MY MAIN ADVICE: GET IT IF YOU REALLY REALLY LOVE IT!! Like me, I love it so much I am willing to deal with the rippings/cracks.

marose28,

Saks BH has the bow in 3 colors: black, sugero, and allumino. They are brand new.

I saw them on display today. If you like a bow, this is a good time to get it,

I couldn't find anything today I want at Saks. I literally did not desire anything. :sad:

Allumino is a very soft grey. annaversary's pictures are very very close.

You need not buy two bags for the promotion. You can buy one bag and one the following:wallet, cosmetic case, key pouch, coin purse etc. The cheapest accessory is by Juicy Couture for around $75. I do not like JC so I would rather spend more and get a nice cosmetic pouch etc.

I'm not sure if a bag charm would work BUT you can always ask.

I also popped by Prada and they have some crazy pleated purses. I did buy something and will post picts later. It's not really a bag though but something for DH.

Remember, only Fendi and Lv are excluded. marose28, you can get your HG gaufre!

linpaddy*

Did you say we DON'T have to buy two bags for the promotion? How does the promotion exactly work... if you don't want to say it here, I'll understand :graucho: I shall ask my Saks SA... but that's interesting.. I thought the promotion was "BUY 2 HANDBAGS" etc... guess not.

Oh, do show what you got for DH :wlae:

linpaddy*

Did you say we DON'T have to buy two bags for the promotion? How does the promotion exactly work... if you don't want to say it here, I'll understand :graucho: I shall ask my Saks SA... but that's interesting.. I thought the promotion was "BUY 2 HANDBAGS" etc... guess not.

Oh, do show what you got for DH :wlae:

Technically, the promotion requires you to buy 2 handbags with a minimum purchase of $1000. You will get triple points (if you are a SaksFirst card holder) and $400 in gift card.

Since the bags we are looking at already cost over $1k each, most SAs will let you buy something else from the handbag dept to qualify for the promotion.

That means you can buy a wallet, coin pouch, cosmetic case, key holder ETC as a second 'bag' purchase. As long as it is from the handbag department!!

I saw lots of women grabbing Chanel purses today with a Juicy Couture cosmetic case (or whatever is cheap and qualifies).

Didn't you just purchase your bow? Go get another one.

Call Saks up now and BUY another bow as a presale plus another qualifying item. Once you get your second bow, you can return your first bow assuming that you just bought it recently.

Also, if you open a Saksfirst account, you will qualify for another 10% off (just make sure the total is over $1k so that you will get the gift card).

You will also get free shipping as a Saksfirst card holder.

I hope this saves you some money! :P

marose28! Hrm, didn't you have a alluminio bow but returned it?? Or am I confusing you with someone else :Push: I think I am because your post sounds like you've never gotten one, so here's my opinion...

Nope... that wasn't me... Never went through with my order for the bow. The order took too long so I cancelled.

The Saks promotion sounds really really tempting.. :drool: And the giftcard sounds like a pretty big deal, because of the huge number! But, do becareful because two bags means more money to get out :oh: But that depends if you see two handbags you really want, if you do and you are willing to pay for the price of two handbags and get the promotion, then DO IT DO IT DO IT :woohoo:

It is tempting! I've already asked my SA to locate 3 purses (one for my mom)! She already has two.

*MAIN QUES: DO YOU likeLOVE THE BOW?????? If you do, I suggest.. GET IT!

If you just like it a bit and is not as crazy as I am for it, don't get it and stick to getting a nice cosmetic case like you planned.

Here's a picture of my alluminio bow (INSIDE INDOOR LIGHTING)

7c82078a.jpg
b517af87.jpg

Here are two more pictures of me & the bow INSIDE a department store.

OMG Annaversary, don't know why you had your friend model your bow earlier... you look great! Your bow looks so good on you! No wonder you're so crazy about the bow... it complements your style and your body perfectly!

And the bow taken on my camera WITH FLASH.

Hope this helps!!

Yes, thank you for your input. You've really given me something to think about.... just how much do I love the bow? I'm thinking... i'm thinking!

MY MAIN ADVICE: GET IT IF YOU REALLY REALLY LOVE IT!! Like me, I love it so much I am willing to deal with the rippings/cracks.

Just to clarify, my response is the green text.

Technically, the promotion requires you to buy 2 handbags with a minimum purchase of $1000. You will get triple points (if you are a SaksFirst card holder) and $400 in gift card.

Since the bags we are looking at already cost over $1k each, most SAs will let you buy something else from the handbag dept to qualify for the promotion.

That means you can buy a wallet, coin pouch, cosmetic case, key holder ETC as a second 'bag' purchase. As long as it is from the handbag department!!

I saw lots of women grabbing Chanel purses today with a Juicy Couture cosmetic case (or whatever is cheap and qualifies).

Didn't you just purchase your bow? Go get another one.

Call Saks up now and BUY another bow as a presale plus another qualifying item. Once you get your second bow, you can return your first bow assuming that you just bought it recently.

Also, if you open a Saksfirst account, you will qualify for another 10% off (just make sure the total is over $1k so that you will get the gift card).

You will also get free shipping as a Saksfirst card holder.

I hope this saves you some money! :P

Ohhhh. Thank you so much for clarifying the promotion for me :yes: So "technically" you have to purchase 2 "handbags"... I see!

I actually RETURNED my bow after I noticed the rips + scratch on the leather. I used it only twice and I had to package it away & return it. I ordered a 2nd bow and that one was even worse. So I'm currently waiting for BOTH bows to be returned & creditted back into my account. I miss it already and I'm VERY afraid I might have lost the chance of even owning one. :crybaby:

Hrm, maybe I should open a Saks Card.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE INFORMATION YOU'VE PROVIDED ME!!! :smooch:

marose28,

Saks BH has the bow in 3 colors: black, sugero, and allumino. They are brand new.

I saw them on display today. If you like a bow, this is a good time to get it,

I couldn't find anything today I want at Saks. I literally did not desire anything. :sad:

Allumino is a very soft grey. annaversary's pictures are very very close.

Yes, now that you mention it, looking at Annaversary's photos, i do see that the alluminio is more grey than I hoped it would be. From the photos I've seen of the alluminio bow before, I thought it was more taupe than grey... but i guess i was wrong. Thanks for pointing it out! This, and the fact that I had already resigned to not getting the bow earlier and was OK with it, just helped me make up my mind. :yes:

You need not buy two bags for the promotion. You can buy one bag and one the following:wallet, cosmetic case, key pouch, coin purse etc. The cheapest accessory is by Juicy Couture for around $75. I do not like JC so I would rather spend more and get a nice cosmetic pouch etc.

I'm not sure if a bag charm would work BUT you can always ask.

Thanks for clearing this up... I have decided to order the two purses for me plus a nice cosmetic case and a cc holder.... Then, with the GCs, I will buy my mom's purse! Yay! It works out beautifully!

I also popped by Prada and they have some crazy pleated purses. I did buy something and will post picts later. It's not really a bag though but something for DH.

Yeah, I read your other post about the Prada bags they have on display at the boutique. I've seen the clutches last time I came, and although they did come in many beautiful colors, the price tag is still too steep for me. I was excited to get the email from my SA about the nylon bags (I've been wanting one), but eeek at $1400.. they better last through several lifetimes! I think I'm going to wait for June when the sales come. Oh shoot... just remembered, I'll be on a purse ban by then! Oh well, prada nylons will still be around when the ban is up.. so no worries :supacool:

So, linpaddy, which man-bag did you get for hubby? I wish mine was into that... it would make gift-giving so much easier.

Remember, only Fendi and Lv are excluded. marose28, you can get your HG gaufre!

Yes, linpaddy, that is my fervent wish! We shall see... :angel:

Sorry for responding within the quote again (it's just so much easier!)... my reply is in green.:smile:

u girls are so lucky to hear of more stock of the alluminio bows!! i'm still waiting for stock in London...i been waiting over a month now but still no news!!! how upsetting!!!