Allowed to travel with python skin?

Yoshi1296

O.G.
Dec 29, 2012
Hi guys! I'm thinking of buying a python bicolor clutch pouch from Bergdorf Goodman however I'm wondering if I'm allowed to use it while traveling.
I'm traveling from NYC to Barcelona and then back.
Will it get taken away at the airports or something? I'm really worried. Do I need a CITES permit?

Thank you so much for the help!

I think it's fine to travel. I have worn/packed my python skate slip-ons and a python bag overseas and there has been no problem at all on all the trips.

CITES only if you want to import/re-export, I guess. Best to Google.

Hi guys! I'm thinking of buying a python bicolor clutch pouch from Bergdorf Goodman however I'm wondering if I'm allowed to use it while traveling.
I'm traveling from NYC to Barcelona and then back.
Will it get taken away at the airports or something? I'm really worried. Do I need a CITES permit?

Thank you so much for the help!

If it is only a pouch, why don't you just put it in its dust bag, inside your checked in locked up luggage? There are no sniffer dogs for python accessories!! And also if it is not noticeable like a croc Birkin or something and it is easy to just pack it away, why not do that instead? (TBH, I once purchased a watch with a crocodile strap and asked the SA about the CITES, she literally told me to just wear a jumper and cover it up and if I was asked, just say it is just calfskin imprinted with croc print!) Its just way too much hassle already with all the security issues and all, that by saying its python skin, you would simply be causing more trouble and hassle than necessary!

I brought my python purse to France with no issue. I used it as my purse to and from the airport. I believe you'll be fine. Also, in case customs question what you're declaring, bring your BG receipt with you to prove that your purchase was not from Spain.

For my python bags, I always bring the papers. Especially in Italy! My friend once had to take of her Prada python shoes and got into quite a discussion, so I don't risk it. But to be honest I've never been asked about it.

Happy travel!