Allow myself to introduce . . . myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leah411 said:
Of course having a banner in your signature for another site is considered promoting that site. That's such a no-brainer!

When joining a site, one should always read the rules of the site. We are all guests here of Megs and Vlad and promoting another site is disrespectful to them. Not abiding by the rules is also disrespectful.

Also, how would people know the other group existed if it weren't for the banners?

It didn't help either, that one person had 'moderator' emblazoned across their banner signature. This is potentially confusing to newbies. And again, is disrespectful of this site.

Also...if you really feel the need to discuss other similar types of sites at any length..that could be handled by PM.

Megs and Vlad built this site as a labor of love and put a great deal of blood, sweat and tears into it. That needs to be respected. We are their guests and should conduct ourselves accordingly.

I disagree. Although, I can see where the banners can be an issue, please know that it was not intended to promote our group, contrary to your belief. Our group is actually not even a public group. We don’t promote here or anywhere else for that matter. The banner was merely for show and had no other agenda. It was misconstrued into something that it wasn’t because other members showed interest in it, when in reality we could careless if people joined.

People asked questions, we answered.

Michelle1025 said:
I disagree. Although, I can see where the banners can be an issue, please know that it was not intended to promote our group, contrary to your belief. Our group is actually not even a public group. We don’t promote here or anywhere else for that matter. The banner was merely for show and had no other agenda. It was misconstrued into something that it wasn’t because other members showed interest in it, when in reality we could careless if people joined.

That is fine for you to state your intentions, but in our rules we say there is no mentioning other forums/groups. That is what you did- and whatever the reasoning may be, it is against our rules.

Michelle1025 said:
Hmm. I don't see this "no mentioning other forums/groups" in the rules. :shrugs:

Good point, it's an unwritten rule. It is how we choose to operate our forum.
Thanks for reminding me to add it in. :wlae:

^ We have mentioned it a plethora of times in updated rules. They float around nearly everywhere on the forum. It is the way we run our board and will remain that way... most public boards do the same thing- no mentioning of other groups/forums.

Michelle1025 said:

I am sorry. This is subterfuge.

Do not try to obfuscate what the intention of the banners were. Please don't insult our intelligence.

If you could careless, then you would not have had them on your sig.

At the very least you own Meg & Vlad an apology, not an editorial of your intentions.

Pearl said:
I am sorry. This is subterfuge.

Do not try to obfuscate what the intention of the banners were. Please don't insult our intelligence.

If you could careless, then you would not have had them on your sig.

At the very least you own Meg & Vlad an apology, not an editorial of your intentions.

I am not trying to insult your intelligence, there was no purpose for the banners other than show. Assume whatever you please, but those are the facts whether you agree with them or not.

Michelle1025 said:
Ahh. I see. Mind reading isn't one of my talents though. Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it.:P

There you have it, I added the rule. Hope there is no more confusion on this subject. We will remove any further occurances of LVii banners on our board.

All due respect Vlad & mod's, our banners were just there so we know which member in out little group is posting. It isnt for advertising. People just started asking us questions,that was all. The same way how we are getting a bag charm,so we can represent tpf,we just wanted a little banner in our siggy's to represent our small group!:angel:. Im sorry that you mods got offended:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.