Travel All Things Travel Chat

We just got back from vacation in NC. With your help, ladies and recommendation we did stay in Blowing Rock. It was very unusual, relaxing vacation and we love it! Next, we are going to Cancun in October. We will stay in new (it is not even open) Secrets resort for 1 week. It will be my birthday and our anniversary. Next, cruise for New Year for seven days. In April-May, cruise in Europe for 12 days starting from Barcelona. So far no more plans except trip to NY in March.

Anyone have any experience with overnight trains/ferries? I am thinking about doing a trip and saving money this way, but I don't know if it would just lead to me feeling exhausted and totally adrift without any kind of place to leave my stuff during the day.

I'm looking at some ferry options between Montenegro/Croatia/Italy/Greece and overnight trains in the same general region. Were you able to rest well on your overnights? Do you recommend them?

I've always had sleeping berth so I'd no problems at all but in general it really depend on in which country you travel and the quality of there trains. Some are expensive so you may be better off flying.

I can't say anything about the ferries in Greece, I've never tried an overnight one.

How exciting kath!

We are also thinking of an overnight train from Paris to Barcelona. It is some type of hotel train. It would be slightly cheaper than airfare and would save on a night of hotel. I'm on the fence though....I have no idea what to expect!

dr. twiggers said:
How exciting kath!

We are also thinking of an overnight train from Paris to Barcelona. It is some type of hotel train. It would be slightly cheaper than airfare and would save on a night of hotel. I'm on the fence though....I have no idea what to expect!

Yes I can't wait to finally just lay by the pool and enjoy the beach, food and cocktails!

I have very good travel tips on my blog that you can use! both about traveling light and just random travel tips :biggrin:

I think the lightest you travel, the more comfortable your journey gets!

I'm off to barcelona in august, woohoo :smile: