Travel All Things Travel Chat

I guess you can forget but I have not yet met one car who switch their highbeams off. Yesterday I had a car right on my tail on a main road that didn't turn their highbeams off. It was so annoying and a safety hazard that I had to stop the car to let them pass. 5 min later I have another behind me.

Let me continue with another question :smile: If you stay at a B&B with only a few rooms and the owner do the cleaning of the rooms themselves. Do you leave a tip for the cleaning?

If you feel like it is every car then it sounds like a clearance/angle issue that you may not be accustomed to if you are usually around smaller European cars. If you rented a sedan and are around a lot of trucks an SUVs then their lights will look like brights to you, especially from behind.

You don't need to tip at a B&B.

I agree with PJD....I've never encountered people who won't turn off their high beams from behind (well, I have, but they are not frequent). It may just be an SUV/truck....and where you are in the US, pick-up trucks are quite common!

Also, high beams are sort of like a middle finger down here. If you're driving too slow then people will use their high beams to tell you to get out of their way.

If you see someone coming toward you with their high beams on, then just flash yours a few times and that should work.

Oh, and the new Xenon lights on cars are VERY bright....so they might look like high beams but really aren't!

Dimming your lights was just common courtesy 30+ years ago. We even covered that in driver ed.
I'm sorry you had to deal with morons while in the USA Mediana.

Twiggers - have you heard that cruise ships are currently (or in the future), no longer going to dock in the Seychelles or Maldives?

^^ Oh yes! Nice.

Mediana - Fly into Capetown & out JB. We are in a few locations. Will dig out the info & list. Maybe some have heard of these places/camps. Small puddle jumper planes so we are very restricted on luggage.

We are actually in little tiny houses just big enough for 2 twin beds, a wet bar, & a full bathroom. They are really cute. Each camp is a little different set up. The tents you see, like the A&F setup, aren't staying in any of those.
Roughing it as they told us don't waste luggage weight bringing make-up & hair dryers.

One of the camps we have to be very careful with keeping the doors locked. One of my friends that is going went a few years ago. She said every once in awhile she'd hear someone trying to get in her room. It was a baboon! Another couple on her trip was relaxing & forgot to lock their door. This baboon walks in, watches them laying on the bed while he goes to the minibar & steals their fruit & candy bars & walks out! Yeah, I'm excited!