All Things PEEKABOO - post pics, ask questions and chat here!

Hey there! I have had Fendi Peekaboo on my list for quite a while but was always unsure about the size/leather/colour. Tried on this beauty in grey selleria (small) last week, and seems like I am almost ready to pull the trigger. Having some second thoughts though on the sizing - does it not look too small for my frame? what do you think of this colour in general - can one consider it as an alternative to black? lastly, I am thinking of getting the grey strap along with it, what do you think of the combo?
many thanks in advance!

View attachment 4999945

View attachment 4999946

View attachment 4999947

This size looks perfect on you and definitely yes to grey being an alternative to black. Love everything about this on you including the strap.

Hey there! I have had Fendi Peekaboo on my list for quite a while but was always unsure about the size/leather/colour. Tried on this beauty in grey selleria (small) last week, and seems like I am almost ready to pull the trigger. Having some second thoughts though on the sizing - does it not look too small for my frame? what do you think of this colour in general - can one consider it as an alternative to black? lastly, I am thinking of getting the grey strap along with it, what do you think of the combo?
many thanks in advance!

View attachment 4999945

View attachment 4999946

View attachment 4999947

I agree: size looks parfait on you unless you want a bigger bag.

Not too crazy about this FF strap but you mentioned that you will be getting a grey strap, i think it will look even more parfait.

Gurllllllllllll im excited for your new bag purchase.

Also, I was torn between grey and black last week but I ended up picking the grey. I think with the grey, one can see the design of the bag more clearly whereas when its black, unless its a super-structured bag like kelly or something, it can look like a lump. Easier said than done though in this case: i loved the black one too lol.

Congratulations already :biggrin: :nuts::heart:

Reactions: Thea Rose
Hi everyone, I have always wanted a peekaboo but never wanted to pull the trigger on a new one because of price and always ended up buying a Chanel (either used or new) when I had a chance to buy a bag. I've just found this medium size orange peekaboo with silver hardware and python monster eyes (photo below) at what seems a great price (1600ish after tax).

Do you think the monster eyes are dated in a bad way? I like how the peekaboo is part of Fendi's classic line and I usually like bags that are a classic silhouette but have something a little different about them, either a fun color or print or something. I'm just undecided about the monster eyes. What do you think, are they fun and interesting or have they gone the way of the Celine luggage tote (potentially a little embarrassing or makes you look like you don't know what's going on?-- no offense to those who love the luggage, I still like mine but can never bring myself use it anymore!)? I don't usually care what others think (I still carry all my old-school balenciagas) but I'd like the opinion of Fendi lovers since this will be my first Fendi!

IMG_5376.jpg

many thanks in advance!

View attachment 4999945

View attachment 4999946

View attachment 4999947
I love peekaboo mini as it can be casual and evening. Grey can be bit dull color but with silver hardware it looks chic and the strap gives more fun look :smile: if you don’t have one, it’s definitely a worth to add to anyone’s closet!

I agree: size looks parfait on you unless you want a bigger bag.

Not too crazy about this FF strap but you mentioned that you will be getting a grey strap, i think it will look even more parfait.

Gurllllllllllll im excited for your new bag purchase.

Also, I was torn between grey and black last week but I ended up picking the grey. I think with the grey, one can see the design of the bag more clearly whereas when its black, unless its a super-structured bag like kelly or something, it can look like a lump. Easier said than done though in this case: i loved the black one too lol.

Congratulations already :biggrin: :nuts::heart:
Thank you!!! Happy also for you with your new addition I feel like I'll be joining the club of grey sellerias very very soon

Reactions: bambita
Hi everyone, I have always wanted a peekaboo but never wanted to pull the trigger on a new one because of price and always ended up buying a Chanel (either used or new) when I had a chance to buy a bag. I've just found this medium size orange peekaboo with silver hardware and python monster eyes (photo below) at what seems a great price (1600ish after tax).

Do you think the monster eyes are dated in a bad way? I like how the peekaboo is part of Fendi's classic line and I usually like bags that are a classic silhouette but have something a little different about them, either a fun color or print or something. I'm just undecided about the monster eyes. What do you think, are they fun and interesting or have they gone the way of the Celine luggage tote (potentially a little embarrassing or makes you look like you don't know what's going on?-- no offense to those who love the luggage, I still like mine but can never bring myself use it anymore!)? I don't usually care what others think (I still carry all my old-school balenciagas) but I'd like the opinion of Fendi lovers since this will be my first Fendi!

View attachment 5000198

I have similar taste as you - like bags with a bit of an edge. I do find the monsters attractive in a way because they're unique, but im not quite sure what the general population think of it. Do you think you can match this design with your outfits easily? If you're able to pull it off, I say go for it.

Hi all - has anyone had any experience ordering from the Fendi online boutique? I’ve been (rather psychotically probably haha) on the hunt for a light blue bag, and since I don’t have a boutique near me I ordered the mini peekaboo in light blue online. It came yesterday, and while I love love love the size and shape the color was just a little more turquoise-y than what I was looking for. So now I’m thinking of getting it in the white version instead. But anyways (literally within 24 hrs) I sent it on its way back via UPS, but one thing I thought was odd was it had no tags on it or anything when it came - and I did notice a small scratch on the leather on the inside. Since I was in a rush to get to ups (and the color really was my return reason) I didn’t list that it was defective as my return reason, but now I’m doubting myself when I saw someone in the Dior thread was accused of returning a used bag after having it less than 24 hours! Dior! TBH I hadn’t even thought of that kind of problem happening with a luxury brand. I did think it was slightly odd that it had no tags, and now I’m anxious! Do you think it makes sense to call them now as it’s en route or just wait to see if I’m refunded no problem? Just wondering if anything similar has happened to anyone here and if I should even be worried or just relax ...

I have similar taste as you - like bags with a bit of an edge. I do find the monsters attractive in a way because they're unique, but im not quite sure what the general population think of it. Do you think you can match this design with your outfits easily? If you're able to pull it off, I say go for it.

Thank you so much! The blue of the monster inside actually pairs really nicely with blue jeans, which I've been trying to wear more of (I wear a lot of black, haha). I'll try it with more outfits and see!

View attachment 5000198
At one point, I was afraid that the Monster eyes would look dated soon, but they still make the Monster Peekaboo, especially for men, and it really does make the best use of the Peekaboo effect.

And what a great price! I love it!

• Love
Reactions: Christofle
At one point, I was afraid that the Monster eyes would look dated soon, but they still make the Monster Peekaboo, especially for men, and it really does make the best use of the Peekaboo effect.

And what a great price! I love it!

Thank you so much; I didn't know they were still making the monster peekaboo! It helps a lot of know it's a style that the brand continues to embrace! And it's really helpful to know it's a good deal! :smile: So far, it somehow goes with every outfit I try on!

Reactions: averagejoe
many thanks in advance!

View attachment 4999945

View attachment 4999946

View attachment 4999947
The mini asphalt in Selleria is stunning!!!! What a classic! Looks amazing with that strap btw. You cannot go wrong with the minis in Selleria. The leather is
virtually indestructible and they keep their shape beautifully. Also, I’ve personally had better experience with the palladium hardware vs the gold. While my gold hardware on my Peekaboos tends to scratch easily and shows signs of wear (no signs of wear to the leather btw - all Fendi leather is impeccable in my opinion) my palladium hardware is unmarked and pristine still even though I use my mini Selleria quite regularly. In terms of the size, I think the mini size is just darling! Men seem to love that size too! (Lol yes, I’ve asked a few!) I’m petite and the mini definitely looks better than the regular size on me. Also, the minis pack a punch. You can fit sooo much! I’ve decided I’ll only buy minis or maybe the Essentially in future. The Essentially is the next size up but I feel that there’s not much difference in size/weight between the Essentially and the regular iconic.

As for the colour.. Wow! The asphalt has been on my wishlist for some time. It looks great with blush tones, neutrals, reds and cool tones.
I was actually thinking about the black mini in Selleria recently but bought the nappa in black instead. I feel like the Selleria picks up colour so we’ll and it feels more “special” to have a Selleria in a colour other than black. The asphalt is something you could wear in pretty much all seasons.

Let us know what you decide xxxx

Reactions: bambita and BB8
Hi everyone! relatively new here despite making an account years ago! I've been stalking this thread for the past week, reading all the posts! I pulled a rather expensive trigger on a Fendi Peekaboo mini, black Selleria and I am just in knots of excitement until it get's here. We're in Toronto, Canada so it's relatively difficult to go out right now without some serious logistics. I wanted to share a snippet of the bag I got so we can share in the excitement. I'm a relatively new luxury bag lover, the peekaboo is my first ever Fendi purchase, and 4th luxury bag altogether, minus SLG's. Trying it on in store might have ignited a beast and I'm truly obsessed with Fendi now.

To top it off, I wasn't even intending to go to Fendi, I had my sights set on a mini Chanel Coco Handle, but did not get a very good vibe from the staff, and so was rather disappointed in their customer service. Fendi customer service was AMAZING, and the CA really made me feel welcome.

What do you think of the bag?

Attachments

• IMG_2580.JPG
    IMG_2580.JPG
    342.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2581.JPG
    IMG_2581.JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2582.JPG
    IMG_2582.JPG
    318.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2586.PNG
    IMG_2586.PNG
    621.2 KB · Views: 141
Hi everyone! relatively new here despite making an account years ago! I've been stalking this thread for the past week, reading all the posts! I pulled a rather expensive trigger on a Fendi Peekaboo mini, black Selleria and I am just in knots of excitement until it get's here. We're in Toronto, Canada so it's relatively difficult to go out right now without some serious logistics. I wanted to share a snippet of the bag I got so we can share in the excitement. I'm a relatively new luxury bag lover, the peekaboo is my first ever Fendi purchase, and 4th luxury bag altogether, minus SLG's. Trying it on in store might have ignited a beast and I'm truly obsessed with Fendi now.

To top it off, I wasn't even intending to go to Fendi, I had my sights set on a mini Chanel Coco Handle, but did not get a very good vibe from the staff, and so was rather disappointed in their customer service. Fendi customer service was AMAZING, and the CA really made me feel welcome.

What do you think of the bag?
Love it!!