All Things PEEKABOO - post pics, ask questions and chat here!

i own the white version and i love it to bits. the crystals are very sparkly but do take note, they are quite sharp so if you happen to wear lots of delicate clothing (crochet, lace, silk etc) it's gonna hook onto your clothing if ever you wish to carry the plain side out. personally i would say go for it as this is a special edition bag that is hard to come by, especially if you're getting it at a good price on the resale market.
Thank you for your response!! do you know if it fits an iPhone X??

I would suggest checking out the size called “Essentially“. It’s bigger than the the Mini (actually fits a lot)... and a lot lighter than the Medium. AND it comes with feet! Here’s mine in black and cream leather interior. It won’t slouch on you if this is the look you prefer. My only complaint is the turn lock scratches so easily. However, I remember hearing I could send it in for replacement if it gets really bad.
View attachment 4848221
Beautiful:heart:

I would suggest checking out the size called “Essentially“. It’s bigger than the the Mini (actually fits a lot)... and a lot lighter than the Medium. AND it comes with feet! Here’s mine in black and cream leather interior. It won’t slouch on you if this is the look you prefer. My only complaint is the turn lock scratches so easily. However, I remember hearing I could send it in for replacement if it gets really bad.
View attachment 4848221

Wow! Your bag is STUNNING! Great choice of twilly by the way! The contrasting orange is amazing. Do you mind if I ask what helped you decide on the Essentially (as opposed to the medium or mini)? I'm torn deciding on my next Peekaboo. The Essentially caught my eye because it looks more "structured" than the nappa mini and has feet. I currently own one nappa mini but like the more structured, less squishy look. I've thought about the medium but also really like the Essentially.

I wonder if you'd mind sharing photos of the bag with the turnlock closed along with the interior? Gorgeous bag! Thank you. Xxx

Reactions: cjwfr
Wow! Your bag is STUNNING! Great choice of twilly by the way! The contrasting orange is amazing. Do you mind if I ask what helped you decide on the Essentially (as opposed to the medium or mini)? I'm torn deciding on my next Peekaboo. The Essentially caught my eye because it looks more "structured" than the nappa mini and has feet. I currently own one nappa mini but like the more structured, less squishy look. I've thought about the medium but also really like the Essentially.

I wonder if you'd mind sharing photos of the bag with the turnlock closed along with the interior? Gorgeous bag! Thank you. Xxx
Uuuuhhhhgly with the turnlock closed, and sorry, I won’t sharing that photo. It looks more pinched than the Medium that you shared on your previous post. I like structured bags myself. If you’re concerned security (while enjoying luxury ) I would suggest going the Lady Dior (medium) - same size as the Essentially but a bit more “secure” In my case, the bag is typically a lot more costly than the contents, and therefore, would rather keep the Peekaboo open and preserve its shape (if that makes sense)

70794493-C042-4E3F-A823-FDFC8BE6CBE4.jpeg

Uuuuhhhhgly with the turnlock closed, and sorry, I won’t sharing that photo. It looks more pinched than the Medium that you shared on your previous post. I like structured bags myself. If you’re concerned security (while enjoying luxury ) I would suggest going the Lady Dior (medium) - same size as the Essentially but a bit more “secure” In my case, the bag is typically a lot more costly than the contents, and therefore, would rather keep the Peekaboo open and preserve its shape (if that makes sense)

View attachment 4851160

Thanks so much, JavaJo! I'm really glad you said that!! I wasn't sure about the look of the Essentially closed. My major gripe with my mini in the nappa leather is that it looks weird closed. It pulls at the leather on the face of the bag and if there are contents inside it can look a bit bulky and uneven. I want a Peekaboo that looks structured and neat when closed. Maybe I go medium after all? Thanks, that's really good to know that the Essentially is like the mini in nappa : looks gorgeous open but weird when closed. Thanks for the tip. I own two Lady Diors but find them quite dressy. They're more used as evening or special occasion bags.

That's why I love the Peekaboo so much. I feel like it's the "Chanel classic flap" of the top handle world. Can be dressed up or down. It's so low-key elegant and even cool depending how you style it.
I have an LV Capucines in galet which I don't wear as much either because it's very dressy and posh. Your Essentially Peekaboo is gorgeous (when open lol!). Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. Xxx

Keen to know Fendi lovers' preferences:

A) do you prefer the mini or the medium iconic?

B) for those lucky enough to own a medium iconic (in any leather) can you wear it out to brunch/shopping/nice dinners or even more formal events like a special birthday or a wedding?

I have a mini Peekaboo but am equally enamoured by the medium iconic. Yet it definitely has more of a classy "work bag" vibe à la Miranda Priestly in Devil Wears Prada lol. I also think of Amal Clooney going to court and business meetings with hers! Just wondering if I could get away with it for more casual outings such as dinners out, going to the cinema etc....
I'm keen on the black version.
Thanks xxxxx

Keen to know Fendi lovers' preferences:

A) do you prefer the mini or the medium iconic?

B) for those lucky enough to own a medium iconic (in any leather) can you wear it out to brunch/shopping/nice dinners or even more formal events like a special birthday or a wedding?

I have a mini Peekaboo but am equally enamoured by the medium iconic. Yet it definitely has more of a classy "work bag" vibe à la Miranda Priestly in Devil Wears Prada lol. I also think of Amal Clooney going to court and business meetings with hers! Just wondering if I could get away with it for more casual outings such as dinners out, going to the cinema etc....
I'm keen on the black version.
Thanks xxxxx

a)
I don’t have a Mini

but I can (and will) answer b) :biggrin:
I use my medium as a work and daily bag. I use it casually if I want a bag that doesn’t scream designer. I think the medium could be styled in any way. Especially if you play around with the shoulder strap.

I would recommend you to visit the Hermés subforum. There is a tread called “wearing the Kelly casual“ (or something like that). The “wildlife” Thread is also very inspirational.

For me personally, the Peekaboo is very similar to the Kelly bag if it comes to form and structure. But (sadly or luckily) the Peekaboo is not as famous, so there are not so much Inspirations out there.

Hoped that was helpful :smile:

a)
I don’t have a Mini

but I can (and will) answer b) :biggrin:
I use my medium as a work and daily bag. I use it casually if I want a bag that doesn’t scream designer. I think the medium could be styled in any way. Especially if you play around with the shoulder strap.

I would recommend you to visit the Hermés subforum. There is a tread called “wearing the Kelly casual“ (or something like that). The “wildlife” Thread is also very inspirational.

For me personally, the Peekaboo is very similar to the Kelly bag if it comes to form and structure. But (sadly or luckily) the Peekaboo is not as famous, so there are not so much Inspirations out there.

Hoped that was helpful :smile:

Thanks, lovely. Yes, I totally hear you. The strap would give it a more casual vibe. I could see myself using a black medium more casually during winter. Maybe less in summer as it might appear too formal. Thanks for the wildlife (such a good thread name!) thread recommendation. Will do. Xxx

Reactions: Le Lion
Hi all,

After a really terrible and disappointing VC experience recently (which dragged on for nearly a month) where l ‘tried’ and failed to buy a mini peekaboo, the bag has played on my mind to the point where now l am considering buying it straight from Fendi to avoid any kind of repeat of this last experience. The bag l wanted off Vestiaire is no longer available on the Fendi website so l have narrowed it down to the following two bags -

1. Lilac Mini Iconic (Selleria)
2. Brown Mini Iconic

I was originally looking for a nice brown or burgundy peekaboo as l don’t currently have any brown bags and was looking for the perfect autumn/winter bag. I’m not sure on this shade of brown though. Does it look like tan (which l like) or is it too orange? What do you think of this shade? I don’t want a dark brown shade, but wonder if this is a bit too chestnut or dare l say it ... diarrhoea coloured? Am l being silly? I wish l could go to a store to look at it in person but that is not currently possible for me due to distance and Covid.

I see the lilac bag as more of a spring/summer bag because it is so light and fresh looking. I do really love the colour on this although l expect that l would need to be more careful with it than the brown one due to colour transfer. I have some protective spray, does anyone know if that helps stop colour transfer on this type of leather?

I would want to use the bag frequently as an everyday type bag that will last me years. I love the design of the Peekaboo, particularly in the mini size, and love that it is a classic bag which won’t go out of style. This is how l will justify the cost to myself :smile:

Anyway, l feel torn between these two bags. Which one do you prefer and which do you think you would buy if you were me?
5C2B7EEB-EBEA-4140-A3FB-A6B24A1342C1.jpegC510481F-321D-41FF-8822-534E399E95E5.jpeg

Hi all,

After a really terrible and disappointing VC experience recently (which dragged on for nearly a month) where l ‘tried’ and failed to buy a mini peekaboo, the bag has played on my mind to the point where now l am considering buying it straight from Fendi to avoid any kind of repeat of this last experience. The bag l wanted off Vestiaire is no longer available on the Fendi website so l have narrowed it down to the following two bags -

2. Brown Mini Iconic

I was originally looking for a nice brown or burgundy peekaboo as l don’t currently have any brown bags and was looking for the perfect autumn/winter bag. I’m not sure on this shade of brown though. Does it look like tan (which l like) or is it too orange? What do you think of this shade? I don’t want a dark brown shade, but wonder if this is a bit too chestnut or dare l say it ... diarrhoea coloured? Am l being silly? I wish l could go to a store to look at it in person but that is not currently possible for me due to distance and Covid.

I see the lilac bag as more of a spring/summer bag because it is so light and fresh looking. I do really love the colour on this although l expect that l would need to be more careful with it than the brown one due to colour transfer. I have some protective spray, does anyone know if that helps stop colour transfer on this type of leather?

I would want to use the bag frequently as an everyday type bag that will last me years. I love the design of the Peekaboo, particularly in the mini size, and love that it is a classic bag which won’t go out of style. This is how l will justify the cost to myself :smile:

Anyway, l feel torn between these two bags. Which one do you prefer and which do you think you would buy if you were me?
View attachment 4863171View attachment 4863172

We have such similar taste! Both these bags have featured on my Peekaboo wishlist. I too am unable to see the bags in person due to retail closures and strict stay-at-home lock down restrictions which have carried on for months.

While the lilac version is mesmerising if you're looking for an everyday bag I would suggest the tan calfskin mini. It is stunning and would go with far more outfits. The lilac is unique and super pretty but has spring/summer warm weather vibes and I'd personally struggle wearing it all year round.

I recently watched a great Youtube review where the tan (I think it's the same bag) featured:

I certainly don't think it looks too orange. It looks amazing on the girl in the video.

Let us know what you decide on! Xxx

I saw the lilac in person it really is so beautiful! However it really is a spring/summer color.
What will you get more enjoyment out of? A more practical or more frivolous one? What will make your heart sing longer? Will you regret being practical? Or regret having a bag you can only use a few months of the year?

Just fyi it is very small inside.

Hi all,

2. Brown Mini Iconic

View attachment 4863171View attachment 4863172

Sorry I'm not quite helpful but I do love both. Personally I love bags of various colours and don't have an everyday bag as I switch out twice a week. If you want an everyday bag then the brown would be a better option. Wear also wouldn't show up as obvious on the darker tone.

Hello everyone! I am wondering if a bag organizer would help keep the structure of older Fendi iconic medium peekaboos? If you have used a bag organizer, I would appreciate if you can share your experience. Thank you!