All Things PEEKABOO - post pics, ask questions and chat here!

Hello guys,
I hope you could help me with with deciding with my first Peekaboo. I can’t decide between smooth and Selleria leather. It does seem Selleria is more slouchy while smooth leather holds shape much better? Or is it just my impression? I’m in love with the shape of Peekaboo but I don’t want the bag to get slouchy after few years. But maybe Selleria is more “scratch-proof” while the smooth leather shows every little scratch? Does anybody own both versions?

Thank you for your help!

Reactions: WingNut
Hello guys,
I hope you could help me with with deciding with my first Peekaboo. I can’t decide between smooth and Selleria leather. It does seem Selleria is more slouchy while smooth leather holds shape much better? Or is it just my impression? I’m in love with the shape of Peekaboo but I don’t want the bag to get slouchy after few years. But maybe Selleria is more “scratch-proof” while the smooth leather shows every little scratch? Does anybody own both versions?

Thank you for your help!

I'm torn on this issue too at the moment. Which size/model are you considering? Colour? Do you intend to wear it as an everyday bag or more of a special occasion bag?

I have a red mini Peekaboo (photo posted on previous page) in the smooth nappa leather. The leather is gorgeous and, although I've only had it a year, is holding its shape really well. However there are a couple of things about the bag that annoy me (detailed in earlier post).

I'm now considering a medium size just so that I can close the bag properly without pulling at the leather. Also, I find the medium sizes to look more structured and trapezoid. The minis in nappa leather look slightly round.

In addiiton to a new medium (probably still in the lambskin), I'm considering a mini Peekaboo in Selleria for a few reasons:
a) they have feet (lambskin minis don't).
b) they look more structured and look less likely to slouch (unlike the mini nappa iconic Peekaboo many Peekaboos have side glazing which creates a more structured look in my opinion).
c) you can close the turn lock without it pulling on the leather.

While I think the quality of Fendi lambskin (and Selleria leather) is exceptional I too have seen some awful looking slouching and lost structure on second hand Peekaboos. Lambskin and Selleria and in both the mini and medium sizes.

Would also appreciate some insight from Peekaboo owners. Xxx

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Hi Catherine,
thanks for your reply. I intend to wear it more as an everyday bag. Because I carry a lot of things around I’m definitely going for Medium. Here are the pictures of the two bags I’m torn between. Both of them are Medium.

1) Beautiful olive Selleria. The colour’s more niche but I’m not sure how’s the shape going to hold after awhile.

70A79B18-C8A2-4100-A9B8-DBDDA51A99FE.jpeg

2) Smooth Dove Grey. The colour’s more versatile, but I’m worried about the scratches.

85E8639C-7E9C-4DA9-B2DD-3811FA161F20.jpeg

So what do you think? I’m curious if anybody owns both leather versions, so she can compare pros/cons for us.

Hi Catherine,
thanks for your reply. I intend to wear it more as an everyday bag. Because I carry a lot of things around I’m definitely going for Medium. Here are the pictures of the two bags I’m torn between. Both of them are Medium.

1) Beautiful olive Selleria. The colour’s more niche but I’m not sure how’s the shape going to hold after awhile.

View attachment 4846414

2) Smooth Dove Grey. The colour’s more versatile, but I’m worried about the scratches.

View attachment 4846417

So what do you think? I’m curious if anybody owns both leather versions, so she can compare pros/cons for us.

Ooooh both stunning options!!

I don't own the medium size but I can share a few observations from trying things on in the boutique as well as watching reviews on Youtube.

Personally, I prefer the second dove grey medium option. The tortoise shell turn lock is stunning as well.

A. As I mentioned, I'm seriously considering getting the medium smooth leather (I think it's still nappa leather) in black.
I'm pretty confident in the durability of the leather (I own the mini in lambskin) and have no no marks/scratches at all! I accidentally dropped it off a table once and it was miraculously fine!! Fendi is fantastic quality.

From what I've found on Youtube, owners of this bag in the medium size in lambskin say it holds up very well. Both in terms of structure and leather. I'd encourage you to watch some reviews. I think I've seen a few videos reviewing your dove grey in medium.

B. I think the Selleria is stunning but it seems to hold its structure better in the mini version. Also, I personally feel it has a bit more of a casual, equestrian vibe to it. Still gorgeous but just a different feel so it depends what you like. That olive colour would go with a lot, like the beige.

Are you able to visit a boutique at all? Otherwise I definitely recommend watching Youtube reviews.

Both stunning choices however the beige steals my heart! Have fun deciding. X

Also, I think the key to longevity for any bag is to keep is stored well when you're not using it. If it's an everyday bag this is a bit different as you obviously aren't going to be emptying things out much but where possible keep it sitting upfront, and, if possible, stuffed. I keep my mini stuffed and it still looks brand new still.

I also found many second hand peekaboos that were so slouchy & it makes me very hesitant to buy one.
I wish i knew which ones end up slouching & why (I am wondering it's one type of leather vs another or something else )

The way people handle their bags? I don't know. Apparently some of the older model Peekaboos were made to slouch more. I agree though.... some photos of second hand Peekaboos show alarming structure loss.

Hi Catherine,

View attachment 4846414

View attachment 4846417

I agree with @Catherine1288 in that the slouching depends on how you handle and store the bag.

I have the Selleria men's Peekaboo and its structure has held up very well (still looks brand new). I've seen other Selleria men's Peekaboos on the resale market look slouchy, but I store mine with the original tissue paper inside, and I never over-stuff it or weigh it down with lots of contents when I use the bag. The problem with mine is that it was very difficult to get the leather to drop down for that Peekaboo effect, so I had to actually stretch the front over and over again to get it to now show the Peekaboo effect.

Hello friends. I have an opportunity to buy an adorable Fendi Peekaboo micro,but I think I should take a pass. It's just too small. But before I do, I wonder if anyone out there could compare it (in terms of what fits) to a Bottega Veneta Nodini (aka Pillow), or a Coach Dinky, or this little Fendi that I just posted on the Identify This Fendi chat. (below).

If I could see the micro IRL, but that's not an option.

Any chance someone can help me?

IMG_5108.jpg

I would suggest checking out the size called “Essentially“. It’s bigger than the the Mini (actually fits a lot)... and a lot lighter than the Medium. AND it comes with feet! Here’s mine in black and cream leather interior. It won’t slouch on you if this is the look you prefer. My only complaint is the turn lock scratches so easily. However, I remember hearing I could send it in for replacement if it gets really bad.
969459DF-F0D4-4570-A6D9-800DFCF57236.jpeg

hi, does anyone know if a peekaboo XS would fit well in the defender in size mini? i note that there are some differences in the measurements between a mini and XS. The defender requires the side tabs of the bag to loop through at the very least, and im afraid my XS wouldn't fit well. Thanks in advance!