All Things PEEKABOO - post pics, ask questions and chat here!

Hello Peekaboo lovers,
hope you can help me with choosing my first Peekaboo. I carry a lot of stuff, so I’m sick of mini bags or small bags that don’t fit anything.

I’ve been thinking about getting Peekaboo Iconic Medium which should be enough for all my stuff but I’m quite petite (5’2) so I’m afraid it’doverwhelm me. Maybe Peekaboo Iconic Essentially would be enough for me... Can anybody tell me how Iconic Essentially is roomy in real life?

Also does Peekaboo hold shape after awhile? I was looking at the photos of used Peekaboos and they were so slouchy it made me hesitate whether to buy it at all.
I also wonder about the future slouching.

Hello Peekaboo lovers,
hope you can help me with choosing my first Peekaboo. I carry a lot of stuff, so I’m sick of mini bags or small bags that don’t fit anything.

I’ve been thinking about getting Peekaboo Iconic Medium which should be enough for all my stuff but I’m quite petite (5’2) so I’m afraid it’doverwhelm me. Maybe Peekaboo Iconic Essentially would be enough for me... Can anybody tell me how Iconic Essentially is roomy in real life?

Also does Peekaboo hold shape after awhile? I was looking at the photos of used Peekaboos and they were so slouchy it made me hesitate whether to buy it at all.

Hi,

I have a Medium for about three years now, I think. My bag does not slouch like the bags on the website. The sides are more stiff and don’t hang down.
I use my bag a lot during the colder seasons, because it is my only „discrete„ black bag. I travel with it, go to work... so it gets a lot of use ;)

Would you like some pics?

I would love to see it!

Here we go :smile:

empty (both sides and from above)

58D8644B-1967-4225-91B4-BC036CE06FBB.jpeg41F3B715-EF2E-41F4-BE80-E81A861446FA.jpeg0FFB73FE-1E61-4AC0-945C-E65EE7D93498.jpeg

What I carry maximum (I used my iPad for the sake of the space, a book would fit too)

8FD83483-7930-49B8-B2D7-FA684DF649CF.jpeg

full:

CB308AEF-674D-4180-8986-F282E1EB2E65.jpeg
9D440BD3-EA4D-459F-A578-1FDB57F57E57.jpeg

I could pack some more, as you see. The space is not wide, but kind of deeply. Bulk items may be hard to put inside and you should definitely try to reach inside before you purchase, because the small opening could be annoying for some people.
I also don‘t close the sides because I like the more effortless style. All closed, the bag is very elegant and kind of structured and ladylike.
I have still space for some more items, I would usually put a foldable shopping bag inside or a scarf.
The main problem for me is not the space, but the weight. The bag is heavy itself, even empty. So I personally don’t carry a iPad or a book, if I don’t have to.

For the structure, as you see, my sides are still upfront and not as slouchy as on the Fendi website. I honestly don’t know how people get their sides of the bag to slouch so much. Please let me know, because I like the look :smile: I thought the slouching would happen naturally as time goes by, but I have my bag for about 3 years now and nothing happend :biggrin:

I hope that was helpful! Have a nice day and thank you for letting me share!

A0BD8E15-1731-488B-A74D-FFD7F99C2ECF.jpeg

16C15905-152F-462F-881C-9C3A1F58A60A.jpeg

Hi everyone! I’m wanting to buy my FIRST ever fendi and I want the mini peekaboo so bad. I found this one for a really good price but am unsure about the crystal detailing.

I kinda like the uniqueness/ fun aspect of it
I also like how you can flip sides and it’s all black.

Since it would be my first peekaboo should I just go with all black so it’ll be more timeless and I can get more wear out of it??
or do you think I’ll still be able to get a good amount of wear out of this bag regardless??

811A98A6-1B38-4587-9845-850A64960ADD.png

F241B8C4-BCB7-4CF2-B024-9950D855C547.png

Hi @Danstuh , I personally would go for the classic for sure - I don’t like the christals, to be honest. But it depends on your style of course.
For me, I like colorful bags and clothes, but classic shapes.

For more fun on the fendi I would think of color or perhaps another kind of leather, or, if you like vintage, I really liked the Monster eyes on their bags!

Reactions: ItsPurseonal
I'd love to hear people's opinions.

I currently own a red mini Peekaboo in nappa leather (first attachment). I really like it for its classic silhouette and the rich colour but there are two things about it that annoy me a little:
1. When I close the turnlock, it pulls at the leather on the face of the bag. I've seen people mention this same issue on Youtube. Consequently, I feel I have to wear the bag open and I really like the look of the closed turnlock on more structured Peekaboos. Keeping it open is not the most secure way to wear the bag.

2. For whatever reason my interior stiff partition (the handle) tends to lean more to one side, meaning the bag can look slightly unlevel when I carry it. I doubt anyone else would ever notice but it annoys me.

I bought it last year on my birthday. I actually went in to the Fendi boutique just to look at the black nappa mini again but swooned at the red and my boyfriend and SA convinced me to buy the red on the spot. Normally I like taking my time and sleeping on things before commiting to a purchase. I had panicked thoughts about returning the red for the black but the boyfriend kept reinforcing how lovely it was (and is!)

So here's the dilemma:
I still want a black Peekaboo! I know I definitely want a more structured Peekaboo that will close properly and look more sleek and trapezoid in shape. I feel like the nappa minis look slightly too rounded.

I can't decide between the medium regular and the Essentially (see photos attached). Also, (maybe for a second new Peekaboo) I love the mini Selleria as well as the X Lite medium size!

Thoughts on these bags? Which one will likely keep its structure better?

Problematically, Melbourne has been in strict lock down since March (we only had a month or so where shops opened again in June) and shops won't open again until 26th October so I haven't been able to try anything on in the Fendi boutique. It's obviously driving me crazy haha.
Back in June I only managed to try on the medium Regular in black and compare it with the black nappa mini but couldn't decide. Then everything shut!

Well done if you made it to the end of this long post! Xxx

IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3766.PNG

IMG_3668.PNG

IMG_3667.PNG

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I don't like the essentially or xlite. I saw the essentially in the boutique but it just looks off to me.
The black one you posted looks stunning in that photo!
I loved the lambskin feel the best, it is so smooth & soft.
The selleria was much much thicker & I didn't care for the bumpy texture.

Your red one is stunning!

Reactions: Catherine1288
I don't like the essentially or xlite. I saw the essentially in the boutique but it just looks off to me.
The black one you posted looks stunning in that photo!
I loved the lambskin feel the best, it is so smooth & soft.
The selleria was much much thicker & I didn't care for the bumpy texture.

Your red one is stunning!

Thank you! Yes, I think my heart's leaning more towards the black regular medium. It's just so timeless and I love the look of the bigger size. And it closes properly!!

Yes, I originally went for the mini nappa over any Selleria option because the Selleria (while beautiful) seems more casual or more for warmer weather with its exposed stitching. However these minis and the calfskin minis (with feet - another bonus) seem more structured and seem the close better without the leather being pulled. The nappa leather minis look funny when closed.

Keen to hear what others think or if anyone owns one of these bags mentioned. Xxxxxx

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Hi everyone! I’m wanting to buy my FIRST ever fendi and I want the mini peekaboo so bad. I found this one for a really good price but am unsure about the crystal detailing.

I kinda like the uniqueness/ fun aspect of it
I also like how you can flip sides and it’s all black.

Since it would be my first peekaboo should I just go with all black so it’ll be more timeless and I can get more wear out of it??
or do you think I’ll still be able to get a good amount of wear out of this bag regardless??

View attachment 4829705

View attachment 4829706
i own the white version and i love it to bits. the crystals are very sparkly but do take note, they are quite sharp so if you happen to wear lots of delicate clothing (crochet, lace, silk etc) it's gonna hook onto your clothing if ever you wish to carry the plain side out. personally i would say go for it as this is a special edition bag that is hard to come by, especially if you're getting it at a good price on the resale market.