All things Alexander McQueen Chat and Share thread....

Some of my more recent McQueen purchases. I still try and collect older McQueen pieces.

Thank you for sharing photos of these amazing pieces from your collection. The skirt is beautiful! Eshu is one of my favorite collections. Beautiful intricate laser-detailing on the leather, and the shapes of the coats and jackets are so exquisite.

Had a little trip to London to go to the Balenciaga exhibition and picked this up in my favourite consignment store.

Alexander McQueen boat neck knit sweater
And it's a sample piece from s/s 2013 men's wear collection

IMG_1497391068.896759.jpg
IMG_1497391084.420153.jpg
IMG_1497391098.328101.jpg

I also tried on a sample McQueen mohair jacket I think from 2015 but sadly it didn't fit me.

Reactions: Kathleen37
My favourite McQueen moment is Widows of Culloden. One fabulous piece after another streams out to our widening eyes. And the woman wearing the resin antlers draped with a lace veil suggests a mythical goddess whose beauty is too powerful to be beheld head on, but only through a covering medium. This piece is probably the high point of fashion art for me.

McQueen is such a love of mine that I have compiled new, appropriate soundtracks to many of his runway shows (1994 to 2010), which I think McQueen fans will find extremely appealing. Soon I will have covered all of his shows.

Please enjoy the runway videos at my YouTube site (I uploaded these as a labor of love; no monetary gain is involved; no advertisements).

https://www.youtube.com/user/Scroobily

Please let me know if you enjoy these videos, which I hope will inspire and entertain.

Reactions: all7s
I'm dying over here, what beautiful additions to your collection! I've only seen the 2003 cowboy heels as slides/mules, not the slingbacks that were featured on the runway. And the butterflies in lucite, it goes without saying, are divine!