All things Alexander McQueen Chat and Share thread....

Hi all! :wave:
Can anyone give me an idea where to find/search older (2010 etc) McQueen scarves?
There are a couple I have been trying to find for so long to no avail on eBay :shrugs:
Specifically the Gothic Angel and Stone Angel scarves I'm desperate to find, even at a premium for Gothic Angel.
Any tips or advice would be most welcomed, realizing this might be mission impossible!

Here's the Angels & Devils scarf from 2010 - PM'd you too. Pricey, but may be worth it for a HTF item. Good luck! :smile: Not my listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Alexan...93907?pt=US_Scarves_Wraps&hash=item2c78ed8873

Here's the Angels & Devils scarf from 2010 - PM'd you too. Pricey, but may be worth it for a HTF item. Good luck! :smile: Not my listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Alexan...93907?pt=US_Scarves_Wraps&hash=item2c78ed8873

Sorry dear! I did not see your PM until today, you're an angel for writing me :flowers:
This is beautiful, but the demons on it aren't quite me...I'm hoping to hold out for the Gothic Angel and/or Stone Angel scarf because they don't have the demons on them and I'm more than happy to pay the premium for either one, I'm that desperated to find them.
Thank you, my friend, for being so thoughtful and helping me!

Hello, I don't think my question is about authenticating a scarf so I'm just gonna ask it here.
I've seen a scarf on the Depop app, the price is intriguing and justified by the fact that one of the threads right in the middle of the scarf was pulled out so it's "damaged".
I've never seen a scarf like that, it's light grey with the very same skull that is on the Savage Beauty book cover (metallic/chrome looking). The seller claims it's a seasonal one he bought more than three years ago but I haven't been able to find any picture of a similar scarf online.
I know it's not the one they made for the Savage beauty exhibition.

Any ideas? does anybody know if a scarf like that was produced and maybe has pictures of it?

Lol, I miss you too, hunni! I just recently this week started to chime in a little. It has been so long, I don't even know if I posted a few of my latest things. I will have to check. How have you been? Anything new? ;-D

I have been not too bad. I know I was MIA for a while and just started coming back. Got a few new pieces. The last one I think I posted was the suit that I won on eBay that I hoped my mum would fit, but it was too small. A/W 1998
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1389559806.095563.jpg
And the oldest piece that I have managed to acquire was a jacket from a/w 1995.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1389559854.630461.jpg
And for Christmas my sister got me one of the Damien Hirst collab scarves
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1389559934.544708.jpg

I got a few more pieces, but I haven't photographed them yet. Can't wait to see what you have gotten. :smile:.

My Saks (in Boston) had two gorgeous white jacquard Alexander McQueen dresses - the one that was my size ran very small sadly, so I wasn't able to purchase. I didn't see them on sale as of yesterday anymore :sad:

I have been not too bad. I know I was MIA for a while and just started coming back. Got a few new pieces. The last one I think I posted was the suit that I won on eBay that I hoped my mum would fit, but it was too small. A/W 1998
View attachment 2460760
And the oldest piece that I have managed to acquire was a jacket from a/w 1995.
View attachment 2460762
And for Christmas my sister got me one of the Damien Hirst collab scarves
View attachment 2460764

I got a few more pieces, but I haven't photographed them yet. Can't wait to see what you have gotten. :smile:.
That scarf is SO beautiful!

Is anyone going to see the Savage Beauty show in London next Spring? I still remember seeing the 2011 show at the Met and how amazing it was!

Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty is coming to London

The record-breaking NY retrospective of the legendary designer will hit the V&A in 2015

http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion...der-mcqueen-savage-beauty-is-coming-to-london

I'd only found out about this today. Am sooo going. A friend went to the NYC exhibition and said it was amazing.

Nice find! I'm hoping to get one of those sorts of scarves myself, they have a few darker colors on the McQueen website. Waiting for pre-sale to start.

Omg I dyed when I opened the package. I loved loved loved the color. It was a final sale purchase so I was a bit nervous about how the color would look in person vs online. I was just beyond happy. This is my 2nd scarf, my 1st also from gilt is black and gold for the next one I'm hoping to score a gray scarf.