All things Alexander McQueen Chat and Share thread....

Ladies, we need some clothing pieces posted in our new thread!

Some of my favorite pieces from Spring 2011...

alexander-mcqueen-spring-2011-lookbook-221210-26.jpg

alexander-mcqueen-spring-2011-lookbook-221210-21.jpg

alexander-mcqueen-spring-2011-lookbook-221210-18.jpg

alexander-mcqueen-spring-2011-lookbook-221210-11.jpg

alexander-mcqueen-spring-2011-lookbook-221210-5.jpg

alexander-mcqueen-spring-2011-lookbook-221210-3.jpg

My KOI lace top arrived today from Bergdorf and it is divine! I will post pics tomorrow... it is a beautiful piece and truly versatile.. love it.

For those interested, I am 36D, 5'10 and took a Medium in the Koi lace top and it's perfect... in the bust, arms and length.

Hey, Y'all!!! I need y'alls opinion! I am thinking about getting a Studded Britannia Box Clutch (not the color shown below in photo), but I want to know how well it holds up, and experiences that you all have had with the Britannia Clutches. Your input will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Also, do you think that the Snake Print DeManta Clutch and Reptilia Silk Chiffon Scarf from the SS2010 Collection could be replicated/FAKED? I don't believe that beautiful print could be duplicated or FAKED, but I want to know what you all think. TIA

PS:: I'm not sure how to post my pics, because apparently they're too big or something!!

Attachments

• IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 937
  • AAAAC54MFTkAAAAAAO7plw.jpg
    AAAAC54MFTkAAAAAAO7plw.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 958
  • DSC_2176.JPG
    DSC_2176.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 953
Last edited:
bella- dying to see the Koi top on you!!!

318- I really love the Snake Print DeManta! sadly I think everything will eventually be replicated, even if it's a very bad fake. Which color are you thinking for the Brittania?

bella- dying to see the Koi top on you!!!

318- I really love the Snake Print DeManta! sadly I think everything will eventually be replicated, even if it's a very bad fake. Which color are you thinking for the Brittania?

DEZY, I'm thinking of black with the gold studs. I'm not a gold person, but I lOVE it on the clutch!! :yahoo:

As far as the Snake Print DeManta, and the Reptilia scarf, have you heard of anyone that has bought a fake Snake Print DeManta Clutch, or a Fake Reptilia Scarf? I am just wondering if anyone out there had heard, seen, or actually know of these two items being replicated and trying to be passed off as the real deal? I HATE FAKES WITH A PASSION!! :mad::censor::rant::cursing:

Bella, glad to hear the Koi top is a success! I absolutely love it, but I haven't found an EU based store that has it in stock, I've only seen it on the NM website. I'm also madly in love with the nude koi print jacquard dress. The only place it was in stock in the UK was at Browns, and unfortunately they sold out in my size before I could order. I contacted customer services but sadly they will not be restocking it. I'm a bit new to buying McQueen so I don't always know/understand who stocks what. The official site seems to only have a very limited number of dresses available from the current season, which is a shame. I'd order more items from the US, but the shipping import fees can end up making something up to 50% more expensive. Ah well!

dezy, your clutch is STUNNING! Thanks so much for the fabulous photos.

Okay Ladies, so husonline.com is having an extra 20% off all sale items through Sunday (EXTRA20)

All marked to 50% plus another 20%!!

Here you go...
(Sale price DOES NOT include extra 20!)

Frayed chevron tweed blazer (GORGEOUS!!!)
Size 42 only
Reg $2,855.00 Sale $1,427.50
12020!AMQ-1977_d.jpg

Black Dress Size 42, 44
Reg $1,695.00 Sale $847.50
12016!AMQ-1975_d.jpg

Black Jersey Tank Size 42,46
Reg $645.00 Sale $322.50
12007!AMQ-1981_d.jpg

Jodphur Pants Size 42
Reg $765.00 Sale $382.50
12025!AMQ-1982_d.jpg

Lastly.... the highly coveted & SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE
Winged Ankle Bootie!!! Size 38.5 ONLY!

Reg $1245 Sale $642.50 - 20% $514!!! :yahoo:

12051!AMQ-2122_d.jpg

81101_ou_l.jpg

Well....although I adore McQueen items...I only have one! This gorgeous sheer blouse...not sure what year/collection as I bought it secondhand!

Attachments

• favorites 003.jpg
    favorites 003.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 866
These are my only two McQueen items.

I bought these shoes at the last McQueen sample sale in NYC in 2009. My husband thought they were too over the top (he said they looked like shoes a streetwalker would wear!) so I tried to sell them. They never sold and I'm glad they didn't. I have never worn them and I have a piece of shoe art from one of his last collections.

mcqueen1.jpg

mcqueen3.jpg

mcqueen2.jpg

I also bought this scarf at the same sale and I've never worn it because I'm afraid of snagging it.
scarf.jpg

I used to own this
soldscarf.jpg