All the Single (flap) Ladies!

Hey everyone! So a few months ago I posted about buying a single flap beige Claire. I really enjoyed using the bag over spring/summer. However I was shocked to see recently that the turn lock started tarnishing and there are now some structural issues. I use a bag organizer and stuff the bag with tissues while in storage. I don’t understand why the bag still developed some creases on the bottom and sides. I am now trying to sell the bag but having a hard time as I am losing about 30 percent of what I paid. I am still waiting to hear back from a few consignment services. My question is despite the stuffing and proper storage, why would the bag lose structure? Is it because of no double flap? Would it get worse over time? Would leather surgeons be able to fix it? I also remember that I did pack it in my carry on but was so careful! I wonder if I it still got squished. Also the tarnishing is the most disappointing. Could it be from hand sanitizers? Thanks!

I "scored" a preloved SF 13x series scored with a 9.7/10 condition from an IG seller that I trust as legit. I didn't catch the flatter CC hardware until now and had a panic moment thinking I got shafted with a super-fake. After viewing some 2008 SF ones, I feel a sh!t ton better. After reading some posts about the going outrageous prices that are in mediocre condition, I think it got my for a decent price ~US$5k...all things relative LOL. Attached are the sellers pictures; enjoy ladies :smile:

241544762_456735562041496_6923334366460224062_n.jpg

241363167_123504476687766_4308584050387607043_n.jpg

241448048_372253014394052_8570850979034469993_n.jpg

Last edited:
I "scored" a preloved SF 13x series scored with a 9.7/10 condition from an IG seller that I trust as legit. I didn't catch the flatter CC hardware until now and had a panic moment thinking I got shafted with a super-fake. After viewing some 2008 SF ones, I feel a sh!t ton better. After reading some posts about the going outrageous prices that are in mediocre condition, I think it got my for a decent price ~US$5k...all things relative LOL. Attached are the sellers pictures; enjoy ladies :smile:

View attachment 5191241

View attachment 5191242

View attachment 5191243
Really stunning! I can see why the hardware would freak you out if you weren't expecting it. It's in beautiful condition! Enjoy :smile:

I finally got around to getting my black caviar to replace the black patent I sold. :happydance: 78A0EE49-22F3-4F71-87CF-A63CEFE6CC5A.jpegThis may be my swan song on Chanel. I really hate DF and I don’t see the quality in new C for the price. Makes me simultaneously sad for the current state of the brand and happy that I got what I wanted for my collection earlier on.

What are your thoughts? Still hunting Chanel?

I finally got around to getting my black caviar to replace the black patent I sold. :happydance: View attachment 5299465This may be my swan song on Chanel. I really hate DF and I don’t see the quality in new C for the price. Makes me simultaneously sad for the current state of the brand and happy that I got what I wanted for my collection earlier on.

What are your thoughts? Still hunting Chanel?

I love Chanel. It's the kind of thing that gives you a "touch of class". Of course I don't like their new politics about prices but I don't think I'll leave Chanel. Beautiful that caviar of yours! I have never had a patent one and I am sure I would love it too. :wave:

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Hi Ladies! I am new here and looking for some advice. I am about to purchase my first Chanel bag and since there are no boutiques close to where I live, I am considering purchasing from a reputable reseller. (Luxe it forward and Eurotrash) Do you all trust these sites? also, can anyone suggest a good authentication service?

Thanks!

View attachment 5191241

View attachment 5191242

View attachment 5191243
absolutely beautiful!! can you suggest a good IG seller?

Hi Ladies! I am new here and looking for some advice. I am about to purchase my first Chanel bag and since there are no boutiques close to where I live, I am considering purchasing from a reputable reseller. (Luxe it forward and Eurotrash) Do you all trust these sites? also, can anyone suggest a good authentication service?

Thanks!
Vestiaire Collective, Collector Square and Farfetch look well.

Reactions: LadyH77

Thanks!
I was going to suggest Etinceler for authentication but it seems their website isn’t working. :huh:http://www.etincelerauthentications.com/

Seems other on tPF usehttps://zekosauthentication.com/

Just joined the single flap club today with a pre-loved purchase from fashionphile:yahoo:

This is my first time purchasing Chanel pre-loved, so I’m a bit paranoid. For those of you who have single flaps from 2008 or earlier, what does the dust bag look like? I’m going to get the bag authenticated, but the dust bag it came with is a bit concerning. The fabric feels thin and nothing like my other Chanel dust bags. See in the picture how light easily shines through the bag…and the string is not like the ribbon on recent dust bags. Can anyone with a bag from 2008 help confirm? TIA:heart:

Attachments

• 232AE5CD-F576-4E6E-A427-A27CAA709CCA.jpeg
    232AE5CD-F576-4E6E-A427-A27CAA709CCA.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 22
absolutely beautiful!! can you suggest a good IG seller?
I bought a few times from Luxe Du Jour. Overall they haven't disappointed. But when I paid for my Jumbo SF, they didn't send me the tracking until I asked. I got slightly nervous since the bag came from HK.

Another IG seller that I trust is J'adore Couture, bought and sold through them too.

Just joined the single flap club today with a pre-loved purchase from fashionphile:yahoo:

This is my first time purchasing Chanel pre-loved, so I’m a bit paranoid. For those of you who have single flaps from 2008 or earlier, what does the dust bag look like? I’m going to get the bag authenticated, but the dust bag it came with is a bit concerning. The fabric feels thin and nothing like my other Chanel dust bags. See in the picture how light easily shines through the bag…and the string is not like the ribbon on recent dust bags. Can anyone with a bag from 2008 help confirm? TIA:heart:
Did you get authentication on your own? I used Zeko and she authenticated my Jumbo for me in a day and a half. Peace of mind.

I plan to authenticate at at least two places. How do I go about authenticating at Zeko? Any idea how Zeko compares to other sites?

I was going to bring it to entrupy this week. FP apparently has a list of Authenticators they recommend as well (in order for the 100% authenticity guarantee claim to be disputed), one of which is authentication first, so I may try that one as well.

Did you get authentication on your own? I used Zeko and she authenticated my Jumbo for me in a day and a half. Peace of mind.