All the Single (flap) Ladies!

I just looked at my posts. Sorry for all the typos! :doh: Ugh!

This is a good price. I don't know how I missed seeing this. I keep a saved search on eBay for single flaps. LOL!
Spark,

Yes I know the price is so great. Why do I think I want another red flap. Maybe in patent but I'm holding out because I don't want to have so many bags I can't use

Spark,

Yes I know the price is so great. Why do I think I want another red flap. Maybe in patent but I'm holding out because I don't want to have so many bags I can't use
I've wanted a red chevron patent SF since before I got the 10c. So I'm with you. But I can't justify it right now. It wouldn't get nearly enough use. Maybe over a lifetime. But short term. Nope. Not compared to other things I can buy for $2-4K today. Especially since my 10c red isn't my only red bag.

I've wanted a red chevron patent SF since before I got the 10c. So I'm with you. But I can't justify it right now. It wouldn't get nearly enough use. Maybe over a lifetime. But short term. Nope. Not compared to other things I can buy for $2-4K today. Especially since my 10c red isn't my only red bag.
That's why we are bag twins because that exactly what I have my eye on. Found one on eBay that I'm watching. Not enough to pull trigger but still.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Hello there! I've just bought a Chanel Jumbo double flap in black and golden hardware, I love it! But the question is that I am only 155 cm tall, 62 inches and now it looks a bit too large for me! Anyway, I need this size for my everyday life. On the other hand, I also have the medium size chanel in beige and I use it in spring-summer season when going out to theatre, or dinner, or things like these. My question is: Should I try a new black golden medium size for autumn winter season, for evenings? I am not sure if the beige one fits very well with winter clothing!

Thanks very much for your advice!

LucyMadrid

Last edited:
Hello there! I've just bought a Chanel Jumbo double flap in black and golden hardware, I love it! But the question is that I am only 155 cm tall, 62 inches and now it looks a bit too large for me! Anyway, I need this size for my everyday life. On the other hand, I also have the medium size chanel in beige and I use it in spring-summer season when going out to theatre, or dinner, or things like these. My question is: Should I try a new black golden medium size for autumn winter season, for evenings? I am not sure if the beige one fits very well with winter clothing!

LucyMadrid
OOOOPS!!! May be this thread is only for single flap bags! Sorry!

Hello ladies,
I have read through most of the thread looking for information related to the difference between the single and the double flap. I currently own a double flap jumbo in black with gold hardware, I love this bag, but it can get heavy. I also have a couple of Chanel totes and a Boy bag.

I fell in love with the 17B dark red and although I wanted a red Coco Handle, I decided to forget about it and grab a classic in the 17B red. Its been a rollercoaster since I have been all over the place. I went to the boutique to try on a medium but didn't like how the handbag looked when I carried it double strand on my shoulder. My Jumbo sits right at the top of the hip, the medium felt like it was under my armpit. I am 5'5 130 lbs, so not sure if I am just too large for the bag.

I was concerned about getting a 17B red in the Jumbo because its a big bag, and honestly I was worried about the weight. So I then looked at the Mini, but I carry way too much with me: sunglasses, keys, phone, lipgloss and small wallet.

I have thought about a Jumbo in a single flap to address the weight, but have read a lot about the single flaps not keeping their shape, or not being as sturdy as the double flaps.

Totally agree with some of the feedback here that the double flap can be a bit irritating.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Spark ,

The boy is growing on me ever since you came with that fab gold one. I don't think it looks good in Pink though. Don't kill me but what if you got a pink Single Flap and sold the pink Dior.
The pink Dior will never leave me. lol! It would have to be an "and" not an "or". LOL!
What is the best way to ship bags ie, USPS FedEx etc? I know to get signature confirmation, but how much insurance etc? I will be sending to Leather Pros in CA.

TIA!
Sorry, I'm just seeing this.

Coincidentally, I just mailed a new to me preloved Jimmy Choo bag to Mark at Leather Pros. I pack the bag in a box and ship 2 day USPS Priority Mail with insurance. That gives me tracking and gets it to Mark quickly.

One other tip - whenever I ship my bags for a refresh of repair, I keep the original dust bag AND any authentication or ID cards so they don't get lost at the craftsman's workshop.
Just saw this grey single flap with bijoux chain on Yoogi's if anyone's looking
View attachment 3799208
https://www.yoogiscloset.com/chanel...kin-leather-hybrid-jumbo-single-flap-bag.html
This is just like the grey I got at the beginning of the year. I see that it sold. Whoever bought it will adore this bag. I know I do!
Hello ladies,
I have read through most of the thread looking for information related to the difference between the single and the double flap. I currently own a double flap jumbo in black with gold hardware, I love this bag, but it can get heavy. I also have a couple of Chanel totes and a Boy bag.

I fell in love with the 17B dark red and although I wanted a red Coco Handle, I decided to forget about it and grab a classic in the 17B red. Its been a rollercoaster since I have been all over the place. I went to the boutique to try on a medium but didn't like how the handbag looked when I carried it double strand on my shoulder. My Jumbo sits right at the top of the hip, the medium felt like it was under my armpit. I am 5'5 130 lbs, so not sure if I am just too large for the bag.

I was concerned about getting a 17B red in the Jumbo because its a big bag, and honestly I was worried about the weight. So I then looked at the Mini, but I carry way too much with me: sunglasses, keys, phone, lipgloss and small wallet.

I have thought about a Jumbo in a single flap to address the weight, but have read a lot about the single flaps not keeping their shape, or not being as sturdy as the double flaps.

Totally agree with some of the feedback here that the double flap can be a bit irritating.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Well, I'm passionately hard core in the camp of single flaps. :lol: I've posted quite a bit on this topic on various threads so I'll try to bullet point my reasons.

• Single flaps have a larger capacity than double flaps.
• Single flaps are much lighter than double flaps.
• Single flaps don't have that all but useless 2nd flap to "work around". I don't want an obstacle course when I'm trying to get things in and out of my bag. The second flap drives me batty on my one M/L flap and is the reason I won't buy another.
• Single flaps hold their structure just fine. When you read of complaints, more than likely the owner(s) either over stuffed the bags while wearing them, didn't store the bag properly (lightly stuffed and upright), or wore it with with their arm resting on it causing the top to go pointy. That's operator error. Not the bag's fault. LOL!
• Single flaps - on average - will be higher quality than newer double flaps. The lambskin on older bags is far superior to that of the new. People are constantly complaining about sub par construction on newer Chanel bags. Yet, I haven't heard complaints from anyone who buys from the single flap era. And, the gold hardware had real gold plating on older bags. Now ghw does not.
• Some of the best features were only offered on SF - bijoux chains, Le Roi styling, etc.
• Some of the best colors (like the 10c brights) were offered during SF years.
• A top of the line preloved SF (like new with all the extras: auth card, dust bag, booklet, ribbon, flower) will almost never cost you more than 65% of current, brand new DF prices. Most of the time a SF will be around 45-50% of the new DF price.

So, for me it's a no brainer. I get a higher quality, more functional bag for a lower price. I have little to no interest in a jumbo DF. I really wanted a pearly beige jumbo but it was offered as DF. So it's a no go for me.

I think the DF is best for those who like the separate pockets that the 2nd flap provides, strongly prefer the current season(s) colors, won't take care of the bag so they need the extra flap to keep its structure, love the boutique experience and / or just can't stand the idea of owning a preloved bag.

So it really just comes down to which set of benefits do you value more?

Hope this helps!! :flowers:

LucyMadrid
My 2 cents. Beige is very neutral - so depending on the shade and the winter outfit you're wearing, it could actually work well.

That being said, I'd prefer the black for winter.

Just wanted to say that I doubt the jumbo looks too big on you. My DD is slender and only 5' (approx 152 cm) and she rocks my Jumbos as well as I do. She never looks like the bag is carrying her. :smile:

The pink Dior will never leave me. lol! It would have to be an "and" not an "or". LOL!

Coincidentally, I just mailed a new to me preloved Jimmy Choo bag to Mark at Leather Pros. I pack the bag in a box and ship 2 day USPS Priority Mail with insurance. That gives me tracking and gets it to Mark quickly.

One other tip - whenever I ship my bags for a refresh of repair, I keep the original dust bag AND any authentication or ID cards so they don't get lost at the craftsman's workshop.

This is just like the grey I got at the beginning of the year. I see that it sold. Whoever bought it will adore this bag. I know I do!
Well, I'm passionately hard core in the camp of single flaps. :lol: I've posted quite a bit on this topic on various threads so I'll try to bullet point my reasons.

• Single flaps don't have that all but useless 2nd flap to "work around". I don't want an obstacle course when I'm trying to get things in and out of my bag. The second flap drives me batty on my one M/L flap and is the reason I won't buy another.
• Single flaps hold their structure just fine. When you read of complaints, more than likely the owner(s) either over stuffed the bags while wearing them, didn't store the bag properly (lightly stuffed and upright), or wore it with with their arm resting on it causing the top to go pointy. That's operator error. Not the bag's fault. LOL!
• Single flaps - on average - will be higher quality than newer double flaps. The lambskin on older bags is far superior to that of the new. People are constantly complaining about sub par construction on newer Chanel bags. Yet, I haven't heard complaints from anyone who buys from the single flap era. And, the gold hardware had real gold plating on older bags. Now ghw does not.
• Some of the best features were only offered on SF - bijoux chains, Le Roi styling, etc.
• A top of the line preloved SF (like new with all the extras: auth card, dust bag, booklet, ribbon, flower) will almost never cost you more than 65% of current, brand new DF prices. Most of the time a SF will be around 45-50% of the new DF price.

So, for me it's a no brainer. I get a higher quality, more functional bag for a lower price. I have little to no interest in a jumbo DF. I really wanted a pearly beige jumbo but it was offered as DF. So it's a no go for me.

I think the DF is best for those who like the separate pockets that the 2nd flap provides, strongly prefer the current season(s) colors, won't take care of the bag so they need the extra flap to keep its structure, love the boutique experience and / or just can't stand the idea of owning a preloved bag.

Amazing summary! thank you so very much, I so appreciate the time you put into your detailed response, thank you!!! :smile:

I have been on the hunt for a red sf with shw and for all the reasons u stated above I will keep hunting for that perfect bag. Thank you for this!!! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

I have been on the hunt for a red sf with shw and for all the reasons u stated above I will keep hunting for that perfect bag. Thank you for this!!! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
You're welcome!

And I highly recommend the 10c and 09 reds. You can see these gorgeous bags in the photo @Mockingbird255 graciously shared with us here: All the Single (flap) Ladies!