Books & Music All the Light We Cannot See

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Okay I am obsessed with this book. I just read it and I can't stop thinking about it. Did you love it, hate it? I loved it. I thought it was exceptional. I didn't love everything about it but some of those feelings are probably because of personal feelings about the underlying subject matter.

2. I was just looking at this book on Amazon and thought it sounded like a book I would enjoy. I'm definitely adding it to my cart now. Thanks for the recommendation Hermesaholic!

3. It is the most powerful piece of writing I have ever come across. It is profoundly beautiful and tragic and thought provoking.

4. Loved it

5. I really liked it!

6. I am a lover of French history and the war, so yes I read the book.
    Good book, would recommend but not great. The best was the prose , worst was lack of tension in the story. Brittany and Normandy are some of my favorite areas of France and book did a great job of placing you there. I also could feel and live her blindness.

There are lots of really great fiction and non fiction books about that time period. I tend to gravitate to the non fiction as there were so many heroes, unbelievable and thrilling situations, love stories that don't need to be fictionalized.

7. I absolutely loved that book. Achingly beautiful and touching.

8. Not my favorite but some of it was pretty interesting

9. Finally reading this book - it’s my March book club selection but I’ve already the january and February books. Only 25% in but so far so good. I know it’s going to get sad.

10. It's sitting on my to read pile but I've only heard good things about it.

11. I loved this book...as someone said, “beautiful” and “tragic” are good words to explain it.

egak likes this.
  12. I read it earlier this year, really enjoyed it.

13. Read this book years ago and loved it. Such a great read.