all parts of a birkin purchase

daluu

Oct 20, 2007
hi ladies,

can you please tell me if a birkin comes with an authenticity card like a chanel bag does? i failed to check for all those little things during my excitement. now my sa is thousands of miles away and i will contact her if i must if i don't get an answer here. tia!

thank you for your reply! i was a tad confused when i saw an extra paper item in bodybump's reveal so i wasn't sure if i missed something critical. whew....
actually most leather items of any variety usually come with a small square envelope that holds a little two page leaflet that says Hermes Leather or Hermes Exotics. it is not however for authenticity just referencing their leather

actually most leather items of any variety usually come with a small square envelope that holds a little two page leaflet that says Hermes Leather or Hermes Exotics. it is not however for authenticity just referencing their leather

I completely forgot about that!! Good point!! Sorry:shame:I didn't think of this.

Sometimes the SA also provides a second copy of your receipt so you can keep that copy in your Birkin when you travel to another country to prove it was purchased in your home country. Doing so allows you to avoid duties when returning home by being able to prove you did not purchase it while on your vaction out of country (hence what the extra envelope may contain).

Sometimes the SA also provides a second copy of your receipt so you can keep that copy in your Birkin when you travel to another country to prove it was purchased in your home country. Doing so allows you to avoid duties when returning home by being able to prove you did not purchase it while on your vaction out of country (hence what the extra envelope may contain).

Hmm, this is an interesting piece of info. Thanks for sharing it with us. Gotta keep that in mind....n in bag when I get mine.:smile: