All of the sudden unable to post smilies

:yahoo: Mine are working fine on my PC.

There is a Miscellaneous Option below the reply box that has "disable smilies" as an option. Yours isn't checked is it? (Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, I don't mean it that way.)

Sue

I think it's the browser. If I open IE it doesn't do anything at all, but with chrome, at least it puts the code, which is better than typing the code

:graucho:

I think it's the browser. If I open IE it doesn't do anything at all, but with chrome, at least it puts the code, which is better than typing the code

You know a lot more about this than I do!

I think AOL which I use mostly has IE for a browser but it could be some strange glitch. My internet has been really slow because of the weather. Not that I'm moving all that much here either. :lol:

Sue

This. I was using IE 11 and can't get any smiles to work but tried testing from Chrome and it puts in the code.

I don't know if this will give any insight at all but also in IE when I go to yahoo to check out the latest news -

http://www.yahoo.com/

They have that headline at the top and then other news stories underneath, at the same time my smilies stopped working I am also unable to get any more news stories to show up (although the first batch do) when I click the right sidebar. It looks like this, works fine in Chrome -

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 81
That's not handy or reasonable though IMO. Hopefully Vlad can provide some insight on how to fix this glitch.

:biggrin:
Testing from Firefox on my PC again

Worked for me finally!!

I've been having smiley issues for a while - I actually came looking for the thread I created.
I'm on the iPad, using Safari. When I click on the smileys, the window pops open and immediately closes. It also wipes out anything I typed in the message box before I tried to add a smiley