All my posts today have been deleted

I just woke up to a note from our server techs. Last night we suffered a massive database corruption in an InnoDB table that caused a cascading effect and the host needed to roll back to a snapshot from the day before. This is the reason why your posts and PMs all disappeared.

Sorry for the inconvenience, this is as far as I remember the first time we needed to do this in the last 17 years. :shocked:

Last edited:
I'm getting nowhere trying to view the ATLV Thread, even when I'm not logged on. I get a blank page with an error message asking me to come back later. No problems with other Threads that I tested (time issue). The only way around it is, I need to log in and if I click on old ATLV notifications which takes me to the ATLV Thread. I'm on my desktop, so don't know if it's issue's with corruption or my computer. It started yesterday and still going on this morning, it's Good Friday here as I live in the future! :heart:

EDIT: It happens when I actually try to Click on the Louis Vuitton Shopping Threads to get to the ATLV Thread. I get this message:

White blank page with: An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

Last edited:
As an IT professional, I winced when I saw the stickied message. I've been there and it's no fun. Thanks for getting things back up and running so quickly and for reducing the snapshot time to 8h as that will help if it ever happens again. I'd say one day of data loss in 17 years is a pretty good run, but the postmortem will help you guys out as well. Best of luck and thanks for keeping things going. This explains why the site was acting a little weird yesterday so that's a relief to know as well.

I am still having difficulty accessing the entire site. I have to search for other members and then try to "back-door enter" limited threads via their posts. When I try to access the site directly I still get this message:

"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

I have already reset my computer and I am afraid to log out to try and log back in because I might lose the limited access that I have; any suggestions? Thanks!

I'm getting nowhere trying to view the ATLV Thread, even when I'm not logged on. I get a blank page with an error message asking me to come back later. No problems with other Threads that I tested (time issue). The only way around it is, I need to log in and if I click on old ATLV notifications which takes me to the ATLV Thread. I'm on my desktop, so don't know if it's issue's with corruption or my computer. It started yesterday and still going on this morning, it's Good Friday here as I live in the future! :heart:

EDIT: It happens when I actually try to Click on the Louis Vuitton Shopping Threads to get to the ATLV Thread. I get this message:

White blank page with: An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
I am still having difficulty accessing the entire site. I have to search for other members and then try to "back-door enter" limited threads via their posts. When I try to access the site directly I still get this message:

I have already reset my computer and I am afraid to log out to try and log back in because I might lose the limited access that I have; any suggestions? Thanks!

I am going to dig into the logs to see what is happening here. On my end I can navigate all the various parts of the forums without issue.

@Vlad, same thing is happening to me on my phone but not on my laptop when I try to access my watched threads at https://forum.purseblog.com/watched/threads. For both, I use Chrome.

When on my laptop, I can get to the watched threads page, but when on my phone (Android Samsung) I get the error message "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Last edited:
Reactions: katev

I am going to dig into the logs to see what is happening here. On my end I can navigate all the various parts of the forums without issue.
Still not working :sad:
I'm using chrome. But yeah now I just tried use other browser it worked.

Oh. I just deleted all my history and cookies from chrome. and it works now :smile:

I've just updated and relaunched Chrome and now I can access the site again, thanks!

I just woke up to a note from our server techs. Last night we suffered a massive database corruption in an InnoDB table that caused a cascading effect and the host needed to roll back to a snapshot from the day before. This is the reason why your posts and PMs all disappeared.

Sorry for the inconvenience, this is as far as I remember the first time we needed to do this in the last 17 years. :shocked:

Sadly, nothing surprises me anymore.

Last edited:
My posts have been deleted too.
What is the deal?
What is the point of having a forum if opinions and posts within the guidelines are deleted?
Yes, it is a privately owned forum but this is very frustrating.
And confusing as well.

Welcome to the real life of system administration where this is bound to happen at some point, at any scale. Remember the Facebook DNS issue taking down all their services for hours last year or so?

Reactions: AnaBeavTheOG